6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 14, 2020, 10:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
This thread is pathetic, getting on the back of a young kid who’s just making his way in the game.

Incidentally this lad has also tried to develop his game by taking a loan away from home in a crummy backwater and in a team that in the main has looked completely dysfunctional.

For some reason though he had faith that coming to GTFC would make him a better player maybe we should put some faith in him.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
chipsandgravy
November 14, 2020, 10:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC
This thread is pathetic, getting on the back of a young kid who’s just making his way in the game.

Incidentally this lad has also tried to develop his game by taking a loan away from home in a crummy backwater and in a team that in the main has looked completely dysfunctional.

For some reason though he had faith that coming to GTFC would make him a better player maybe we should put some faith in him.  

Absolutely agree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
Bigdog
November 14, 2020, 11:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Well said. I actually think that he's a decent composed neat and tidy young player, and with a more settled side, his confidence will grow enough to take a few more gambles with his passing..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
jamesgtfc
November 14, 2020, 12:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
I've watched one game this season and thought Morton was absolutely anonymous, offering very little.

Someone posted those pass maps a couple of days later and he made more passes than anyone on the pitch. It's a totally different game on a screen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
Heisenberg
November 14, 2020, 12:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
Taylor has grown on me over time, he’s decent and improving.

That Morton is way behind him in the pecking order, I’d say. Clifton and Rose still 1st choice, you’d think, but if we play 3 then Taylor seems the better passer of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
Ipswin
November 14, 2020, 12:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 123614

You're missing the point, if he's good enough for Wolves to keep him on their books, and good enough for the Welsh U21 Manager to select him for an International match, then I'm damn sure he's more than good enough to play for Grimsby Town!  Also I think that a Premier League Manager and a Welsh International Manager will know a lot more about foot ball than you and I will ever know, so I would definitely take their opinions any day over yours and others on here who think they know better.

This thread started with guesses why Wolves initially didn't want Taylor to play for us in the FA cup and it was suggested that maybe Championship clubs might come in for him so Wolves disn't want him cup tied.I doubted he would be a target for any club that high in the EFL
Just because he has appeared and scored for Wales U23s against the world ranked Moldova U23s and plays regularly on loan for a club towards the bottom end of D4 does not mean that Championship clubs are doing to descend on Wolves waving chequebook trying to sign him

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
Davec
November 14, 2020, 2:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from 123614

You're missing the point, if he's good enough for Wolves to keep him on their books, and good enough for the Welsh U21 Manager to select him for an International match, then I'm damn sure he's more than good enough to play for Grimsby Town!  Also I think that a Premier League Manager and a Welsh International Manager will know a lot more about foot ball than you and I will ever know, so I would definitely take their opinions any day over yours and others on here who think they know better.

I didn't say he isn't good enough for us? I merely pointed out that Wales under 21 isn't a super high standard.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
Nelly GTFC
January 25, 2021, 2:46pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
On his way to League One, just goes to show how much a minority of individuals on here really know about players.

[tweet]1353671984257892353[/tweet]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
ginnywings
January 25, 2021, 2:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Has something about him, but like a lot of players, didn't shine at GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
diehardmariner
January 25, 2021, 3:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
With Taylor failing to make an impact here, Bristol City recalling Edwards and Morton, Tilley getting released and picked up by another club immediately (fully accepting that location may have played a huge part too)...I do wonder how much of an impact this has all had on Hurst's ability to recruit players.

Footballers talk, managers talk, loan managers talk...has the legacy of the last six months to a year created a problem where we're now known as a bad club to send players on loan too?  I'd point to the success of Benson and Glennon here, but if Burnley viewed their spell here as so beneficial then wouldn't they have offered further fringe players to Holloway in the summer?  

More just thinking out loud than anything but if you're, lets say Brian Tinnion the loan manager at Bristol City.  You've recalled Edwards and Morton because of a few injuries in the first team.  But you've got a couple of 18-year-old lads who might benefit from a loan spell and you're looking at sending them out on loan, or even someone a bit older who is making a comeback from injury and needs some game time.  You speak to Edwards and Morton and ask for their view on their loan spell. "Yeah, it's excrement. The manager never spoke to us. He didn't know what tactics to play. We played darts.  The facilities are crap and I rolled my ankle every training session."   Probably not going to send that player to Grimsby are you?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Terry Taylor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.