November 6, 2020, 6:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from pontoonlew

In fairness to him he’s improved a lot since his first 2-3 games

I thought he was good on Tuesday. People praising Clifton, who I like a lot, but I thought he was awful at full back, whereas Taylor stepped up his game. I think people have blinkers on with him, he’s improving because Ollie is giving him a run of games.

As for Clifton, don’t get me wrong, I think his versatility will really help us this season, I just thought he had an off day, that’s all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
Ipswin
November 6, 2020, 6:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from pontoonlew

In fairness to him he’s improved a lot since his first 2-3 games

It was tongue in cheek, he's probably doing OK for a lower middle table Div 4 side but I don't see anyone with a cheque book rushing to sign him for the Chanpionship somehow so he should be ours for the season

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
KingstonMariner
November 6, 2020, 6:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Maybe it’s just a standard procedure for Wolves. If they’ve got lots of kids out on loan they can’t track every one in detail, and if they did their interest in what he’s doing is different from ours as fans of the club he’s loaned too.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
Davec
November 6, 2020, 7:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
His passing is generally quite tidy I think and he does try and get his foot on the ball but his passing is mainly only backwards or sideways, you could argue that he keeps things ticking over like it but when we lack creativity from centre mid it can be very infuriating.

From what I have seen he is not a patch on Josh benson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
pontoonlew
November 6, 2020, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Davec
His passing is generally quite tidy I think and he does try and get his foot on the ball but his passing is mainly only backwards or sideways, you could argue that he keeps things ticking over like it but when we lack creativity from centre mid it can be very infuriating.

From what I have seen he is not a patch on Josh benson

We’ll be very lucky to get a Josh Benson/Glennon at this level again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
HertsGTFC
November 7, 2020, 10:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
He’s a young kid who’s just starting his professional career in reality he’s never going to be great every game and will sometimes make mistakes whilst in possession or the wrong decisions if he gets in a good attacking opportunity.

Actually not wanting him cup tied is a measure of what Wolves think of him, they clearly rate him if only as a saleable asset.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
Swansea_Mariner
November 7, 2020, 10:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Seems Benson and Glennon didn't get loans. A shame that they didn't just send them back out to us again at least for the three months to Christmas, they must be a bit gutted going back to that u23 structure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 7, 2020, 12:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Seems Benson and Glennon didn't get loans. A shame that they didn't just send them back out to us again at least for the three months to Christmas, they must be a bit gutted going back to that u23 structure.

Well Benson has been sub for the majority of their Premiership matches so I doubt he’s too gutted and is, what we all thought, a quality player. I noticed Glennon has also been sub on a number of occasions so it shows how lucky we were to have them even for a short period of time.

I think players of this quality, like Henderson, will only ever be with a L2 club for a maximum of one season as if they perform well their club either wants them back in the fold or wants them loaned out to a club at a higher level the next season.

Pity the season terminated early, as although Glennon got injured at Scunthorpe, would have been good to see Benson appear a few more times in a town shirt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
ginnywings
November 7, 2020, 1:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Most fans don't see what those in the game see. He clearly has talent or he wouldn't be on the books of a Prem club who have chosen him to go out on loan to get some experience.

Fans expect them to come straight in and be clearly better than those around them because of where they have come from. Thing is, he's here to develop and that takes time and patience.

Seen plenty of young players over the years that fans have decided ain't all that, only for them to go on to bigger and better things. Taylor may well be one of those, or he may not. He's here for us and his parent club to find out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Terry Taylor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.