Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VERY STRANGE ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 115 Guests

VERY STRANGE ?

This thread currently has 4,197 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Zmariner
October 31, 2020, 12:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Clear ,informative interview. Agree with him some decent players , just too many injuries utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
LH
October 31, 2020, 12:28am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
It’s strange how some people didn’t give two shites about mental health until they weren’t able to go to the pub for a few weeks isn’t it?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
louth_in_the_south
October 31, 2020, 12:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from LH
It’s strange how some people didn’t give two shites about mental health until they weren’t able to go to the pub for a few weeks isn’t it?

Yep !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
HistonMariner
October 31, 2020, 3:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 13
Ollie wears his heart on his sleeve because of this he can be viewed as being up and down, like a pair of tarts draws.
Overall, I’ll take the rough with the smooth because.I think he’s genuine. QPR supporters I know say, “ that’s just him, he often leads with the heart BUT the head does operate and it will kick in”

We criticised Shorty for being dull, we criticised Jolley for being formulaic, in many ways I wish we could go back and not listen to a weekly regurgitation of the same questions.  The reason we talk of Shankly, Clough, Docherty is because they were exceptional.  At the time there were 89 other managers who we never mention.

On balance I’ll take Ollie.  I like his oddities. It makes him appear normal.  It makes him appear like one of us - he has good days, he has bad days.  He gets it right sometimes, he gets it wrong sometimes but I think he gets it more right than wrong and therefore, ‘in Ollie I trust’
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
rancido
October 31, 2020, 12:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HistonMariner
Ollie wears his heart on his sleeve because of this he can be viewed as being up and down, like a pair of tarts draws.
Overall, I’ll take the rough with the smooth because.I think he’s genuine. QPR supporters I know say, “ that’s just him, he often leads with the heart BUT the head does operate and it will kick in”

We criticised Shorty for being dull, we criticised Jolley for being formulaic, in many ways I wish we could go back and not listen to a weekly regurgitation of the same questions.  The reason we talk of Shankly, Clough, Docherty is because they were exceptional. At the time there were 89 other managers who we never mention.

On balance I’ll take Ollie.  I like his oddities. It makes him appear normal.  It makes him appear like one of us - he has good days, he has bad days.  He gets it right sometimes, he gets it wrong sometimes but I think he gets it more right than wrong and therefore, ‘in Ollie I trust’

That's a fair point but they lived in a time when they weren't constantly interviewed and everything they said wasn't constantly scrutinised by a very media driven world.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
HistonMariner
October 31, 2020, 9:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 13
Have I missed the post match interview ?   If there hasn’t been one that seems “Very Strange” in this day and age.

UTMM
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VERY STRANGE ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.