Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

"You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

This thread currently has 2,032 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
October 29, 2020, 11:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
...no matter how woke you are"

I saw this quote in one of today's papers, talking about the latest atrocity in France where a further 3 innocent people have been slain this morning by somebody who hates everything France stands for. It is a perfect metaphor for the havoc that is being unleashed on the west by people whose common sense has deserted them. Macron is now a hate figure throughout the Muslim world for daring to speak out in support of the free speech issue which caused the beheading of a teacher a couple of weeks ago by another fanatic.

Macron and Merkel can talk as tough as they like, but the damage has been done; I cannot see any way this cancer can be cut away from Europe as the two ideologies are completely incompatible.

A terribly sad situation set to get a whole lot worse in the years ahead.

Private Message
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 29, 2020, 1:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
France has always had a constitutional separation of religion from the state. The North Africa Muslims who came through a few decades back largely accepted that but then there was a younger generation especially in Paris that didn’t. Add to that the influx through Italy and Germany and it is like a powder keg now. Macron is getting the flak but Merkel is largely to blame. She officially announced an open door policy but has now started to evict illegals and France is in the firing line.

When people say the U.K. should have a more humanitarian attitude to illegals they should perhaps look more carefully at the German and French experiences. No wonder the French authorities are happy to turn a blind eye to cross channel people trafficking.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
Roast Em Bobby
October 29, 2020, 7:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
...no matter how woke you are"

I saw this quote in one of today's papers, talking about the latest atrocity in France where a further 3 innocent people have been slain this morning by somebody who hates everything France stands for. It is a perfect metaphor for the havoc that is being unleashed on the west by people whose common sense has deserted them. Macron is now a hate figure throughout the Muslim world for daring to speak out in support of the free speech issue which caused the beheading of a teacher a couple of weeks ago by another fanatic.

Macron and Merkel can talk as tough as they like, but the damage has been done; I cannot see any way this cancer can be cut away from Europe as the two ideologies are completely incompatible.

It's only a perfect metaphor if you believe that every Muslim should be rounded up and deported from the west, because that's what it is implying. What newspaper was it that you read it in?

Also jihadist terror attacks started in Europe way before Merkel let all the refugees in, so you can't draw a straight relationship between the two. Plus, not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all refugees are Muslims, but you you appear to be merging them all into one big group. Many of these refugees are fleeing war torn areas of the middle east, were we have either been involved or supported military campaigns or supplied the weaponry - its about time we showed just a little humanity to these people rather than putting them all in a big pot of nasty terrorists.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 29, 2020, 8:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

It's only a perfect metaphor if you believe that every Muslim should be rounded up and deported from the west, because that's what it is implying. What newspaper was it that you read it in?

Also jihadist terror attacks started in Europe way before Merkel let all the refugees in, so you can't draw a straight relationship between the two. Plus, not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all refugees are Muslims, but you you appear to be merging them all into one big group. Many of these refugees are fleeing war torn areas of the middle east, were we have either been involved or supported military campaigns or supplied the weaponry - its about time we showed just a little humanity to these people rather than putting them all in a big pot of nasty terrorists.

A misinterpretation and a misunderstanding. Clearly there were jihadist terrorists in Europe before the floodgates were opened. The point is that once those gates opened it gave perfect cover for them and for new entrants to the profession to hide in plain sight. Unless they flag up on a security file they are perfectly safe to plan and execute what they want when they want. There are plenty of safe houses and freedom to travel Europe wide. How else did the Manchester Arena bombing happen? All this showing humanity is absolutely fine ....... no-one would disagree, unless they happen to be in a church in Nice.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
arryarryarry
October 29, 2020, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113

You only have to see the films and photos of those massing to get into Europe, I would say the vast majority are young men. Why the intercourse should we be allowing them into Europe and the UK?

What the frig would have happened in 1914 or 1939 if all our young men copulated off and didn't want to fight for their country. We would all be probably speaking German right now.

We reap what we sow and the Liberal Left and those that want unfettered immigration have a lot to answer for.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
KingstonMariner
October 29, 2020, 10:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Usual flipping nonsense being spouted in response to bloody murders by religious nut jobs.

Won’t don’t we just chuck out all the Christians in Europe? All those killings justified by them in the name of their religion? Bloody do-gooding politically correct Romans allowing them in in the first place. Decent pagans aren’t safe any more.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
ska face
October 29, 2020, 10:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,338
Gold Stars: 820

There are plenty of safe houses and freedom to travel Europe wide. How else did the Manchester Arena bombing happen?

Stupefyingly ignorant. It is well documented that Abedi’s father was part of a group supported by the British state to fight proxy wars in Libya against Gaddafi, and that Abedi, family and other militants were allowed free access to and from Libya - often vouched for by MI5. Abedi even got a free lift home from Tripoli courtesy of the British Navy in 2014.

This is a terrorist that was born in the U.K., to a family who had legally come over from Libya and who were then supported by the British state to wage war when and where it suited them. Nothing to do with ‘illegals’, as you call them.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
arryarryarry
October 29, 2020, 10:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Usual flipping nonsense being spouted in response to bloody murders by religious nut jobs.

Won’t don’t we just chuck out all the Christians in Europe? All those killings justified by them in the name of their religion? Bloody do-gooding politically correct Romans allowing them in in the first place. Decent pagans aren’t safe any more.

A young  migrant just arrived into the country, try telling the families of those who have just had their heads sliced off that it's flipping nonsense..
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 30, 2020, 8:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Stupefyingly ignorant. It is well documented that Abedi’s father was part of a group supported by the British state to fight proxy wars in Libya against Gaddafi, and that Abedi, family and other militants were allowed free access to and from Libya - often vouched for by MI5. Abedi even got a free lift home from Tripoli courtesy of the British Navy in 2014.

This is a terrorist that was born in the U.K., to a family who had legally come over from Libya and who were then supported by the British state to wage war when and where it suited them. Nothing to do with ‘illegals’, as you call them.

My apologies. I did not realise being trained in Syria and Germany qualified as home grown!

If you read my first post on the subject you will see where I allude to  the earlier immigrations and the subsequent issues with younger members. The point being that legitimate cover has become easier to find and harder for the security services to crack.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
Roast Em Bobby
October 30, 2020, 9:29am
Fine Wine Drinker

The point being that legitimate cover has become easier to find and harder for the security services to crack.

Your last point above is undoubtedly correct. My problem with your argument though is that it implies that ALL migrants/refugees should be refused entry because there is a possibility that amongst those that are let in that they may be radicalised jihadists. I haven't go any hard facts to back this up, but my assumption would be that less than 0.1% of those seeking asylum would fall into this category. The young family who died in the channel this week didn't look like potential terrorists to me.

To be clear, I'm not arguing for unfettered access to all migrants. I'm arguing against what I see as your lump all migrants together under the terrorist heading and apply a zero tolerance approach.

When the IRA was regularly bombing the UK did you call for a border between Ireland and Britain?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
Rick12
October 30, 2020, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

As a Catholic myself Lew I was deeply saddened and hurt by what happened to these people in the Notre Dame .

I still think these extremists are in the minority though and its a shame they associate themselves with Islam.

I just wish all this bloodshed would end and there would just be one world religion. Ultimately Christians, Muslims and Sikhs all have one thing in common and believe in a divine power .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 30, 2020, 2:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
The only religion I believe in is that, when Town have a corner, if you clench your buttocks (no, tighter than that!) and pound the wooden floor of the Main Stand, Town are certain to score (or get caught on the break)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
Rick12
October 30, 2020, 2:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The irony of that is that Jesus never preached a mission of violence and killing .He preached a message of good which went above the religious law of the time including Judaism and the many Gods  Romans believed in eg Juno,Mars and Minerva. Jesus began to gather such a following that the Roman authorities at the time deemed him a threat to their society and thats why he was executed. It was only some of his later followers that practised killing in the new religion which was to become Christianity which developed from the radical form of Judaism Jesus preached. Hence Gods law is above mans law.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
Rick12
October 30, 2020, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
The only religion I believe in is that, when Town have a corner, if you clench your buttocks (no, tighter than that!) and pound the wooden floor of the Main Stand, Town are certain to score (or get caught on the break)
It helps in football though for some  . Iam a big fan of  Brazilian football due to the way they play "ginga "I think is the word that describes part of this style.

I often see Brazilians praying prior to a game or when they score a goal. Likewise many others who play the beautiful game and manage it  are religious as well eg Jurgen Klopp ,Jose Mourinho  .If it helps them become better players/managers it can only be a force for good.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
Roast Em Bobby
October 30, 2020, 3:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Your posting in the wrong thread Rick - I think you need to be in Conspiracy Theories thread, if you are going to talk about religion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
Rick12
October 30, 2020, 3:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Your posting in the wrong thread Rick - I think you need to be in Conspiracy Theories thread, if you are going to talk about religion.
This thread centres around extremists who claimed to be religious but aren't.

Muhammad the founder of Islam from what I gather never like Jesus preached a message of murder. It was only when he died that some of his followers started invading and killing in the name of Islam. Many Islamic countries were once Christian.

So yes me posting on  religion is relevant to this thread   Bobby 😉.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
Maringer
October 30, 2020, 11:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Nope, Mohammed was a warlord. Did lots of fighting and (mostly) conquering to secure his legacy. But, hey, he was born in the 6th Century and fighting was what people tended to do back then. As with most things obscured by the mists of time, it's not really relevant to what is going on today and people trying to interpret the modern world with religious stuff made up in a pretty primitive era over a millennia ago isn't really going to work out very well.

Religious nutters attacking people in churches doesn't have much to do with what Mohammed did or didn't say 1,400 years ago, it's all about how it has been spun with those with wealth/power in the Muslim world since then. Mostly the fecking Saudis, of course. The French are bloody-minded about their separation of religion and the state which is entirely their choice but it works well for those in the Islamic world looking for conflict to feed off. They are still going on about and people are dying because those bloody stupid cartoons from 15 years ago which keep getting recycled. What a waste of lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
Rick12
October 31, 2020, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Nope, Mohammed was a warlord. Did lots of fighting and (mostly) conquering to secure his legacy. But, hey, he was born in the 6th Century and fighting was what people tended to do back then.
Interesting to read differing sources. If you look at Islam from a purely historical perspective and leaving the religious stuff aside eg the angel Gabriel was supposed to have come to Muhammad in a cave and given him the Quran. I think that came from Muhammad's meditative state as he often use to go into the caves and pray.

There was a  interesting lengthy documentary done on the BBC on Islam which portrayed Islam and Muhammad in a good light .The violence side of it was attributed to him defending himself against the Quraysh tribe which was against his beliefs . Other information shows  Muhammad in a differing light case in point was captured women were used as sex slaves

Muhammad for me was a man who was born into a era of tribal warring clans and it affected him greatly. He wanted a fairer society and Islam was his way of bringing all the tribes under the one guidance of Allah. He wasnt perfect but deserves some respect in my view.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 31, 2020, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Nope, Mohammed was a warlord. Did lots of fighting and (mostly) conquering to secure his legacy. But, hey, he was born in the 6th Century and fighting was what people tended to do back then. As with most things obscured by the mists of time, it's not really relevant to what is going on today and people trying to interpret the modern world with religious stuff made up in a pretty primitive era over a millennia ago isn't really going to work out very well.

Religious nutters attacking people in churches doesn't have much to do with what Mohammed did or didn't say 1,400 years ago, it's all about how it has been spun with those with wealth/power in the Muslim world since then. Mostly the fecking Saudis, of course. The French are bloody-minded about their separation of religion and the state which is entirely their choice but it works well for those in the Islamic world looking for conflict to feed off. They are still going on about and people are dying because those bloody stupid cartoons from 15 years ago which keep getting recycled. What a waste of lives.

There are those who have done the bankrolling, there is no doubt of that. But the leaders of terrorist movements have used religion mainly to get mass support from young people. The twin tenets after the teachings of the prophet are the wealth and democracy of the west. The wealth part is easy to follow, based on jealousy and claims of exploitation. The democracy part comes from the religion - if the teachings are followed strictly by all there is no need for democracy, there are no decisions that need votes or elections. Once this is accepted, any means justifies the ends. Any historical event or lie can be used as by the ex-PM of Malaysia in calling for millions of French to be killed. Yes, this is hyperbole but it is also a serious prod to any militant.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
monkeyboy
November 2, 2020, 10:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Stop letting people in, we got enough bills to pay now with all the lazy buggers that cant be arsed working and the unfortunate victims of the pandemic.
Its hard enough for the natives at present so lets not add to it by adding in lots of folk that will not integrate because of their idiotic religion and beliefs.

Sorry guys but all religion is cancerous, life your life the best you can and be good to people. you dont need a book written by a man to realise this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 11:17am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy

Sorry guys but all religion is cancerous, life your life the best you can and be good to people. you dont need a book written by a man to realise this.
Man warped religion though Monkeyboy not the other way around. As a martial artist once put it all religion means is connecting to a pure energy source which started the universe . Religion at its heart if used properly is a force for good. The best people I have met have been religious from a Catholic priest to a Sikh Maths teacher I use to have who helped me and others.

Action always speaks louder than words

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
monkeyboy
November 2, 2020, 1:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Rick12
Man warped religion though Monkeyboy not the other way around. As a martial artist once put it all religion means is connecting to a pure energy source which started the universe . Religion at its heart if used properly is a force for good. The best people I have met have been religious from a Catholic priest to my Sikh Maths teacher who helped me and others.

Action always speaks louder than words

But they dont need religion to be good people. upbringing with good morals and values generally sets that up for the rest of your life.  you dont need to believe in something that doesn't exist to be a good person.
Brainwashed from birth, the poor buggers dont stand a chance of free thought, deny Allahs existence or any other God and your shamed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy

But they dont need religion to be good people. upbringing with good morals and values generally sets that up for the rest of your life.  you dont need to believe in something that doesn't exist to be a good person.
Since man evolved though he has been practising religion to some degree or another.

I think there is something there though .As noted my belief comes from a one off personal experience I had when young. Without this I would more than likely be an atheist so I understand why some people don't believe in nothing. I may of  been the same.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2020, 2:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.....
John Lennon is one of my favourite artists ever. However the song that beats that for me is Stormzys blinded by your grace. First time I heard it I  thought it was inspirational .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2020, 2:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
John Lennon is one of my favourite artists ever. However the song that beats that for me is Stormzys blinded by your grace. First time I heard it I  thought it was inspirational .

The Beatles have always been my favourites ever since I was a kid.... it's a close run thing whether they or Town were my first love as I discovered both around the same time

Each member of the group have influenced me with their individual input/output but John's "Imagine" has always particularly resonated with me

The funny thing is even though I'm not religious in the slightest I always considered George to be my favourite favourite

I can't help but feel that if ever a song might be able to sway me towards some kind of religion "My Sweet Lord" would be up there

However I'll just leave it as a peaceful song he delivered to promote his beliefs and the goodness of mankind.... which there is in abundance whether or not you believe

I'll give the Stormzy song a listen but don't expect me to lose my faith in the Fab Four  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker

The funny thing is even though I'm not religious in the slightest I always considered George to be my favourite favourite

I can't help but feel that if ever a song might be able to sway me towards some kind of religion "My Sweet Lord" would be up there

However I'll just leave it as a peaceful song he delivered to promote his beliefs and the goodness of mankind.... which there is in abundance whether or not you believe

I'll give the Stormzy song a listen but don't expect me to lose my faith in the Fab Four  

Yes I remember reading about George Harrison becoming deeply involved with Indian spiritualty. Stormzys song is all about how his faith helped him go from a negative to a better place. I think you can resonate with it more if your share the same experiences/background as him . Having said that we can all improve for the better to one degree or another  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2020, 2:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Yes I remember reading about George Harrison becoming deeply involved with Indian spiritualty. Stormzys song is all about how his faith helped him go from a negative to a better place. I think you can resonate with it more if your share the same experiences/background as him . Having said that we can all improve for the better to one degree or another   

Definitely Rick

We can all aim higher.... whatever motivates you to do your best and to be your best is good by me!  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 38
Sandford1981
November 2, 2020, 2:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,074
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Rick12

Respectfully I don’t think it can ever be a patch on ‘imagine’ but I expected to dislike that song and didn’t at all. A very good tune in its own right. Nice one. Every day is a school day.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 3:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Respectfully I don’t think it can ever be a patch on ‘imagine’ but I expected to dislike that song and didn’t at all. A very good tune in its own right. Nice one. Every day is a school day.
Iam not at school though Sandford   . I mentioned the Sikh Maths teacher because he was a living embodiment of his  faith and his warmth/kindness going over overboard to help me and others  genuinely touched me. Ive very rarely felt so much kindness from a human being. Really heals you.

Glad you liked Stormzys song.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
Sandford1981
November 2, 2020, 3:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,074
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Rick12
Iam not at school though Sandford   . I mentioned the Sikh Maths teacher because he was a living embodiment of his  faith and his warmth/kindness going over overboard to help me and others  genuinely touched me. Ive very rarely felt so much kindness from a human being. Really heals you.

Glad you liked Stormzys song.

Crossed wires I think mate. I meant every day is a school day because I learnt something new (that I could like a stormzy track) .

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Crossed wires I think mate. I meant every day is a school day because I learnt something new (that I could like a stormzy track) .
I think when something comes from the heart as Stormzys song did people feel the vibe regardless of what musical orientation they like.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2020, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

Listened to the Stormzy song Rick but not my cup of tea.... I'll stick with John Lennon's vision of how life could be  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 7:02pm
Vodka Drinker

Listened to the Stormzy song Rick but not my cup of tea.... I'll stick with John Lennon's vision of how life could be  

Ok. I like both songs by the way its just that Stormzys blinded by your grace is my favourite ever.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
promotion plaice
November 2, 2020, 10:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

And here's another one, good job at last we are going to try and take control of our borders with Brexit.

"Multiple suspects armed with rifles opened fire in Vienna on Monday, killing one and injuring several others across six locations in the city, local police said on Twitter. One of the suspects was fatally shot by officers, police said.

Interior Minister Karl Nehammer called the incident an apparent terror attack and said another suspect was on the run, BBC News reported. "At the moment I can confirm we believe this is an apparent terror attack," Nehammer said.

Police said the incident began near the Seitenstettengasse synagogue around 8 p.m. local time. It's unclear if the synagogue was a target of the violence. Police urged residents to keep away from the area and to avoid using public transit, saying shots were fired in the busy Inner City district."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
lew chaterleys lover
November 3, 2020, 1:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from promotion plaice

And here's another one, good job at last we are going to try and take control of our borders with Brexit.

"Multiple suspects armed with rifles opened fire in Vienna on Monday, killing one and injuring several others across six locations in the city, local police said on Twitter. One of the suspects was fatally shot by officers, police said.

Interior Minister Karl Nehammer called the incident an apparent terror attack and said another suspect was on the run, BBC News reported. "At the moment I can confirm we believe this is an apparent terror attack," Nehammer said.

Police said the incident began near the Seitenstettengasse synagogue around 8 p.m. local time. It's unclear if the synagogue was a target of the violence. Police urged residents to keep away from the area and to avoid using public transit, saying shots were fired in the busy Inner City district."

Oh, that's not too bad. A few more innocent people butchered because of some imaginary God. The important thing is not to have any sort of crackdown in case we unwittingly tar them all with the same brush.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
barralad
November 3, 2020, 5:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
I looked back to try to find the similar thread which must surely have been written condemning the white supremacist Australian immigrant to New Zealand who killed 51 people in a Christchurch mosque. Can any of the usual suspects help me out?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
ginnywings
November 3, 2020, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from barralad
I looked back to try to find the similar thread which must surely have been written condemning the white supremacist Australian immigrant to New Zealand who killed 51 people in a Christchurch mosque. Can any of the usual suspects help me out?

Precisely.

There are bad people in every race, creed and religion, but they are a small minority.

I've recently had a spell in hospital and all of the doctors and about 30% of the nurses I came into contact with were foreign, mostly Asian, a couple of Spaniards, and a Filipino. I suspect there would have been some Muslims among them, possibly Catholics, and they were all brilliant.

I imagine they save lives on a weekly, or even a daily basis. Perhaps we should ask them to leave in case they get radicalised and start killing Brits.

For every Muslim terrorist, there must be thousands of law abiding citizens of that faith who contribute to society in a positive way, and I suspect they would condemn atrocities done in the name of their religion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Rick12
November 3, 2020, 10:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Precisely.

There are bad people in every race, creed and religion, but they are a small minority.

I've recently had a spell in hospital and all of the doctors and about 30% of the nurses I came into contact with were foreign, mostly Asian, a couple of Spaniards, and a Filipino. I suspect there would have been some Muslims among them, possibly Catholics, and they were all brilliant.

I imagine they save lives on a weekly, or even a daily basis. Perhaps we should ask them to leave in case they get radicalised and start killing Brits.

For every Muslim terrorist, there must be thousands of law abiding citizens of that faith who contribute to society in a positive way, and I suspect they would condemn atrocities done in the name of their religion.
Ive been in a few hospitals in my life due to a lung problem I have and all the Muslim staff I have encountered  that work for the NHS have been professional . Some of the Muslim doctors have been excellent.

ISIS are not linked to Islam in any way shape or form. Its a warped view of the Quran which Muhammed never preached.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.