Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

"You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

This thread currently has 2,107 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
November 2, 2020, 3:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Rick12
Iam not at school though Sandford   . I mentioned the Sikh Maths teacher because he was a living embodiment of his  faith and his warmth/kindness going over overboard to help me and others  genuinely touched me. Ive very rarely felt so much kindness from a human being. Really heals you.

Glad you liked Stormzys song.

Crossed wires I think mate. I meant every day is a school day because I learnt something new (that I could like a stormzy track) .

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Sandford1981

Crossed wires I think mate. I meant every day is a school day because I learnt something new (that I could like a stormzy track) .
I think when something comes from the heart as Stormzys song did people feel the vibe regardless of what musical orientation they like.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2020, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Rick12
John Lennon is one of my favourite artists ever. However the song that beats that for me is Stormzys blinded by your grace. First time I heard it I  thought it was inspirational .

Listened to the Stormzy song Rick but not my cup of tea.... I'll stick with John Lennon's vision of how life could be  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 7:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Listened to the Stormzy song Rick but not my cup of tea.... I'll stick with John Lennon's vision of how life could be  

Ok. I like both songs by the way its just that Stormzys blinded by your grace is my favourite ever.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
promotion plaice
November 2, 2020, 10:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

And here's another one, good job at last we are going to try and take control of our borders with Brexit.

"Multiple suspects armed with rifles opened fire in Vienna on Monday, killing one and injuring several others across six locations in the city, local police said on Twitter. One of the suspects was fatally shot by officers, police said.

Interior Minister Karl Nehammer called the incident an apparent terror attack and said another suspect was on the run, BBC News reported. "At the moment I can confirm we believe this is an apparent terror attack," Nehammer said.

Police said the incident began near the Seitenstettengasse synagogue around 8 p.m. local time. It's unclear if the synagogue was a target of the violence. Police urged residents to keep away from the area and to avoid using public transit, saying shots were fired in the busy Inner City district."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
lew chaterleys lover
November 3, 2020, 1:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from promotion plaice

And here's another one, good job at last we are going to try and take control of our borders with Brexit.

"Multiple suspects armed with rifles opened fire in Vienna on Monday, killing one and injuring several others across six locations in the city, local police said on Twitter. One of the suspects was fatally shot by officers, police said.

Interior Minister Karl Nehammer called the incident an apparent terror attack and said another suspect was on the run, BBC News reported. "At the moment I can confirm we believe this is an apparent terror attack," Nehammer said.

Police said the incident began near the Seitenstettengasse synagogue around 8 p.m. local time. It's unclear if the synagogue was a target of the violence. Police urged residents to keep away from the area and to avoid using public transit, saying shots were fired in the busy Inner City district."

Oh, that's not too bad. A few more innocent people butchered because of some imaginary God. The important thing is not to have any sort of crackdown in case we unwittingly tar them all with the same brush.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
barralad
November 3, 2020, 5:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I looked back to try to find the similar thread which must surely have been written condemning the white supremacist Australian immigrant to New Zealand who killed 51 people in a Christchurch mosque. Can any of the usual suspects help me out?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
ginnywings
November 3, 2020, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad
I looked back to try to find the similar thread which must surely have been written condemning the white supremacist Australian immigrant to New Zealand who killed 51 people in a Christchurch mosque. Can any of the usual suspects help me out?

Precisely.

There are bad people in every race, creed and religion, but they are a small minority.

I've recently had a spell in hospital and all of the doctors and about 30% of the nurses I came into contact with were foreign, mostly Asian, a couple of Spaniards, and a Filipino. I suspect there would have been some Muslims among them, possibly Catholics, and they were all brilliant.

I imagine they save lives on a weekly, or even a daily basis. Perhaps we should ask them to leave in case they get radicalised and start killing Brits.

For every Muslim terrorist, there must be thousands of law abiding citizens of that faith who contribute to society in a positive way, and I suspect they would condemn atrocities done in the name of their religion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Rick12
November 3, 2020, 10:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Precisely.

There are bad people in every race, creed and religion, but they are a small minority.

I've recently had a spell in hospital and all of the doctors and about 30% of the nurses I came into contact with were foreign, mostly Asian, a couple of Spaniards, and a Filipino. I suspect there would have been some Muslims among them, possibly Catholics, and they were all brilliant.

I imagine they save lives on a weekly, or even a daily basis. Perhaps we should ask them to leave in case they get radicalised and start killing Brits.

For every Muslim terrorist, there must be thousands of law abiding citizens of that faith who contribute to society in a positive way, and I suspect they would condemn atrocities done in the name of their religion.
Ive been in a few hospitals in my life due to a lung problem I have and all the Muslim staff I have encountered  that work for the NHS have been professional . Some of the Muslim doctors have been excellent.

ISIS are not linked to Islam in any way shape or form. Its a warped view of the Quran which Muhammed never preached.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.