Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

"You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

This thread currently has 2,106 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 11:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from monkeyboy

Sorry guys but all religion is cancerous, life your life the best you can and be good to people. you dont need a book written by a man to realise this.
Man warped religion though Monkeyboy not the other way around. As a martial artist once put it all religion means is connecting to a pure energy source which started the universe . Religion at its heart if used properly is a force for good. The best people I have met have been religious from a Catholic priest to a Sikh Maths teacher I use to have who helped me and others.

Action always speaks louder than words

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
monkeyboy
November 2, 2020, 1:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Rick12
Man warped religion though Monkeyboy not the other way around. As a martial artist once put it all religion means is connecting to a pure energy source which started the universe . Religion at its heart if used properly is a force for good. The best people I have met have been religious from a Catholic priest to my Sikh Maths teacher who helped me and others.

Action always speaks louder than words

But they dont need religion to be good people. upbringing with good morals and values generally sets that up for the rest of your life.  you dont need to believe in something that doesn't exist to be a good person.
Brainwashed from birth, the poor buggers dont stand a chance of free thought, deny Allahs existence or any other God and your shamed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy

But they dont need religion to be good people. upbringing with good morals and values generally sets that up for the rest of your life.  you dont need to believe in something that doesn't exist to be a good person.
Since man evolved though he has been practising religion to some degree or another.

I think there is something there though .As noted my belief comes from a one off personal experience I had when young. Without this I would more than likely be an atheist so I understand why some people don't believe in nothing. I may of  been the same.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2020, 2:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.....
John Lennon is one of my favourite artists ever. However the song that beats that for me is Stormzys blinded by your grace. First time I heard it I  thought it was inspirational .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2020, 2:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
John Lennon is one of my favourite artists ever. However the song that beats that for me is Stormzys blinded by your grace. First time I heard it I  thought it was inspirational .

The Beatles have always been my favourites ever since I was a kid.... it's a close run thing whether they or Town were my first love as I discovered both around the same time

Each member of the group have influenced me with their individual input/output but John's "Imagine" has always particularly resonated with me

The funny thing is even though I'm not religious in the slightest I always considered George to be my favourite favourite

I can't help but feel that if ever a song might be able to sway me towards some kind of religion "My Sweet Lord" would be up there

However I'll just leave it as a peaceful song he delivered to promote his beliefs and the goodness of mankind.... which there is in abundance whether or not you believe

I'll give the Stormzy song a listen but don't expect me to lose my faith in the Fab Four  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

The funny thing is even though I'm not religious in the slightest I always considered George to be my favourite favourite

I can't help but feel that if ever a song might be able to sway me towards some kind of religion "My Sweet Lord" would be up there

However I'll just leave it as a peaceful song he delivered to promote his beliefs and the goodness of mankind.... which there is in abundance whether or not you believe

I'll give the Stormzy song a listen but don't expect me to lose my faith in the Fab Four  

Yes I remember reading about George Harrison becoming deeply involved with Indian spiritualty. Stormzys song is all about how his faith helped him go from a negative to a better place. I think you can resonate with it more if your share the same experiences/background as him . Having said that we can all improve for the better to one degree or another  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
FishOutOfWater
November 2, 2020, 2:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Yes I remember reading about George Harrison becoming deeply involved with Indian spiritualty. Stormzys song is all about how his faith helped him go from a negative to a better place. I think you can resonate with it more if your share the same experiences/background as him . Having said that we can all improve for the better to one degree or another   

Definitely Rick

We can all aim higher.... whatever motivates you to do your best and to be your best is good by me!  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 38
Sandford1981
November 2, 2020, 2:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Rick12

Respectfully I don’t think it can ever be a patch on ‘imagine’ but I expected to dislike that song and didn’t at all. A very good tune in its own right. Nice one. Every day is a school day.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
Rick12
November 2, 2020, 3:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Respectfully I don’t think it can ever be a patch on ‘imagine’ but I expected to dislike that song and didn’t at all. A very good tune in its own right. Nice one. Every day is a school day.
Iam not at school though Sandford   . I mentioned the Sikh Maths teacher because he was a living embodiment of his  faith and his warmth/kindness going over overboard to help me and others  genuinely touched me. Ive very rarely felt so much kindness from a human being. Really heals you.

Glad you liked Stormzys song.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.