Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

"You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

This thread currently has 2,105 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
October 30, 2020, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

A terribly sad situation set to get a whole lot worse in the years ahead.

As a Catholic myself Lew I was deeply saddened and hurt by what happened to these people in the Notre Dame .

I still think these extremists are in the minority though and its a shame they associate themselves with Islam.

I just wish all this bloodshed would end and there would just be one world religion. Ultimately Christians, Muslims and Sikhs all have one thing in common and believe in a divine power .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 30, 2020, 2:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
The only religion I believe in is that, when Town have a corner, if you clench your buttocks (no, tighter than that!) and pound the wooden floor of the Main Stand, Town are certain to score (or get caught on the break)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
Rick12
October 30, 2020, 2:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Won’t don’t we just chuck out all the Christians in Europe? All those killings justified by them in the name of their religion? Bloody do-gooding politically correct Romans allowing them in in the first place. Decent pagans aren’t safe any more.
The irony of that is that Jesus never preached a mission of violence and killing .He preached a message of good which went above the religious law of the time including Judaism and the many Gods  Romans believed in eg Juno,Mars and Minerva. Jesus began to gather such a following that the Roman authorities at the time deemed him a threat to their society and thats why he was executed. It was only some of his later followers that practised killing in the new religion which was to become Christianity which developed from the radical form of Judaism Jesus preached. Hence Gods law is above mans law.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
Rick12
October 30, 2020, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
The only religion I believe in is that, when Town have a corner, if you clench your buttocks (no, tighter than that!) and pound the wooden floor of the Main Stand, Town are certain to score (or get caught on the break)
It helps in football though for some  . Iam a big fan of  Brazilian football due to the way they play "ginga "I think is the word that describes part of this style.

I often see Brazilians praying prior to a game or when they score a goal. Likewise many others who play the beautiful game and manage it  are religious as well eg Jurgen Klopp ,Jose Mourinho  .If it helps them become better players/managers it can only be a force for good.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
Roast Em Bobby
October 30, 2020, 3:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 44
Your posting in the wrong thread Rick - I think you need to be in Conspiracy Theories thread, if you are going to talk about religion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
Rick12
October 30, 2020, 3:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Your posting in the wrong thread Rick - I think you need to be in Conspiracy Theories thread, if you are going to talk about religion.
This thread centres around extremists who claimed to be religious but aren't.

Muhammad the founder of Islam from what I gather never like Jesus preached a message of murder. It was only when he died that some of his followers started invading and killing in the name of Islam. Many Islamic countries were once Christian.

So yes me posting on  religion is relevant to this thread   Bobby 😉.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
Maringer
October 30, 2020, 11:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
Nope, Mohammed was a warlord. Did lots of fighting and (mostly) conquering to secure his legacy. But, hey, he was born in the 6th Century and fighting was what people tended to do back then. As with most things obscured by the mists of time, it's not really relevant to what is going on today and people trying to interpret the modern world with religious stuff made up in a pretty primitive era over a millennia ago isn't really going to work out very well.

Religious nutters attacking people in churches doesn't have much to do with what Mohammed did or didn't say 1,400 years ago, it's all about how it has been spun with those with wealth/power in the Muslim world since then. Mostly the fecking Saudis, of course. The French are bloody-minded about their separation of religion and the state which is entirely their choice but it works well for those in the Islamic world looking for conflict to feed off. They are still going on about and people are dying because those bloody stupid cartoons from 15 years ago which keep getting recycled. What a waste of lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
Rick12
October 31, 2020, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Nope, Mohammed was a warlord. Did lots of fighting and (mostly) conquering to secure his legacy. But, hey, he was born in the 6th Century and fighting was what people tended to do back then.
Interesting to read differing sources. If you look at Islam from a purely historical perspective and leaving the religious stuff aside eg the angel Gabriel was supposed to have come to Muhammad in a cave and given him the Quran. I think that came from Muhammad's meditative state as he often use to go into the caves and pray.

There was a  interesting lengthy documentary done on the BBC on Islam which portrayed Islam and Muhammad in a good light .The violence side of it was attributed to him defending himself against the Quraysh tribe which was against his beliefs . Other information shows  Muhammad in a differing light case in point was captured women were used as sex slaves

Muhammad for me was a man who was born into a era of tribal warring clans and it affected him greatly. He wanted a fairer society and Islam was his way of bringing all the tribes under the one guidance of Allah. He wasnt perfect but deserves some respect in my view.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 31, 2020, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Maringer
Nope, Mohammed was a warlord. Did lots of fighting and (mostly) conquering to secure his legacy. But, hey, he was born in the 6th Century and fighting was what people tended to do back then. As with most things obscured by the mists of time, it's not really relevant to what is going on today and people trying to interpret the modern world with religious stuff made up in a pretty primitive era over a millennia ago isn't really going to work out very well.

Religious nutters attacking people in churches doesn't have much to do with what Mohammed did or didn't say 1,400 years ago, it's all about how it has been spun with those with wealth/power in the Muslim world since then. Mostly the fecking Saudis, of course. The French are bloody-minded about their separation of religion and the state which is entirely their choice but it works well for those in the Islamic world looking for conflict to feed off. They are still going on about and people are dying because those bloody stupid cartoons from 15 years ago which keep getting recycled. What a waste of lives.

There are those who have done the bankrolling, there is no doubt of that. But the leaders of terrorist movements have used religion mainly to get mass support from young people. The twin tenets after the teachings of the prophet are the wealth and democracy of the west. The wealth part is easy to follow, based on jealousy and claims of exploitation. The democracy part comes from the religion - if the teachings are followed strictly by all there is no need for democracy, there are no decisions that need votes or elections. Once this is accepted, any means justifies the ends. Any historical event or lie can be used as by the ex-PM of Malaysia in calling for millions of French to be killed. Yes, this is hyperbole but it is also a serious prod to any militant.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
monkeyboy
November 2, 2020, 10:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Stop letting people in, we got enough bills to pay now with all the lazy buggers that cant be arsed working and the unfortunate victims of the pandemic.
Its hard enough for the natives at present so lets not add to it by adding in lots of folk that will not integrate because of their idiotic religion and beliefs.

Sorry guys but all religion is cancerous, life your life the best you can and be good to people. you dont need a book written by a man to realise this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.