Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
DB and 28 Guests

"You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

This thread currently has 2,076 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
October 29, 2020, 11:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,649
Gold Stars: 234
...no matter how woke you are"

I saw this quote in one of today's papers, talking about the latest atrocity in France where a further 3 innocent people have been slain this morning by somebody who hates everything France stands for. It is a perfect metaphor for the havoc that is being unleashed on the west by people whose common sense has deserted them. Macron is now a hate figure throughout the Muslim world for daring to speak out in support of the free speech issue which caused the beheading of a teacher a couple of weeks ago by another fanatic.

Macron and Merkel can talk as tough as they like, but the damage has been done; I cannot see any way this cancer can be cut away from Europe as the two ideologies are completely incompatible.

A terribly sad situation set to get a whole lot worse in the years ahead.

Private Message
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 29, 2020, 1:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
France has always had a constitutional separation of religion from the state. The North Africa Muslims who came through a few decades back largely accepted that but then there was a younger generation especially in Paris that didn’t. Add to that the influx through Italy and Germany and it is like a powder keg now. Macron is getting the flak but Merkel is largely to blame. She officially announced an open door policy but has now started to evict illegals and France is in the firing line.

When people say the U.K. should have a more humanitarian attitude to illegals they should perhaps look more carefully at the German and French experiences. No wonder the French authorities are happy to turn a blind eye to cross channel people trafficking.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
Roast Em Bobby
October 29, 2020, 7:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
...no matter how woke you are"

I saw this quote in one of today's papers, talking about the latest atrocity in France where a further 3 innocent people have been slain this morning by somebody who hates everything France stands for. It is a perfect metaphor for the havoc that is being unleashed on the west by people whose common sense has deserted them. Macron is now a hate figure throughout the Muslim world for daring to speak out in support of the free speech issue which caused the beheading of a teacher a couple of weeks ago by another fanatic.

Macron and Merkel can talk as tough as they like, but the damage has been done; I cannot see any way this cancer can be cut away from Europe as the two ideologies are completely incompatible.

A terribly sad situation set to get a whole lot worse in the years ahead.

It's only a perfect metaphor if you believe that every Muslim should be rounded up and deported from the west, because that's what it is implying. What newspaper was it that you read it in?

Also jihadist terror attacks started in Europe way before Merkel let all the refugees in, so you can't draw a straight relationship between the two. Plus, not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all refugees are Muslims, but you you appear to be merging them all into one big group. Many of these refugees are fleeing war torn areas of the middle east, were we have either been involved or supported military campaigns or supplied the weaponry - its about time we showed just a little humanity to these people rather than putting them all in a big pot of nasty terrorists.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 29, 2020, 8:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

It's only a perfect metaphor if you believe that every Muslim should be rounded up and deported from the west, because that's what it is implying. What newspaper was it that you read it in?

Also jihadist terror attacks started in Europe way before Merkel let all the refugees in, so you can't draw a straight relationship between the two. Plus, not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all refugees are Muslims, but you you appear to be merging them all into one big group. Many of these refugees are fleeing war torn areas of the middle east, were we have either been involved or supported military campaigns or supplied the weaponry - its about time we showed just a little humanity to these people rather than putting them all in a big pot of nasty terrorists.

A misinterpretation and a misunderstanding. Clearly there were jihadist terrorists in Europe before the floodgates were opened. The point is that once those gates opened it gave perfect cover for them and for new entrants to the profession to hide in plain sight. Unless they flag up on a security file they are perfectly safe to plan and execute what they want when they want. There are plenty of safe houses and freedom to travel Europe wide. How else did the Manchester Arena bombing happen? All this showing humanity is absolutely fine ....... no-one would disagree, unless they happen to be in a church in Nice.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
arryarryarry
October 29, 2020, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

You only have to see the films and photos of those massing to get into Europe, I would say the vast majority are young men. Why the intercourse should we be allowing them into Europe and the UK?

What the frig would have happened in 1914 or 1939 if all our young men copulated off and didn't want to fight for their country. We would all be probably speaking German right now.

We reap what we sow and the Liberal Left and those that want unfettered immigration have a lot to answer for.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
KingstonMariner
October 29, 2020, 10:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Usual flipping nonsense being spouted in response to bloody murders by religious nut jobs.

Won’t don’t we just chuck out all the Christians in Europe? All those killings justified by them in the name of their religion? Bloody do-gooding politically correct Romans allowing them in in the first place. Decent pagans aren’t safe any more.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
ska face
October 29, 2020, 10:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,539
Gold Stars: 833

There are plenty of safe houses and freedom to travel Europe wide. How else did the Manchester Arena bombing happen?

Stupefyingly ignorant. It is well documented that Abedi’s father was part of a group supported by the British state to fight proxy wars in Libya against Gaddafi, and that Abedi, family and other militants were allowed free access to and from Libya - often vouched for by MI5. Abedi even got a free lift home from Tripoli courtesy of the British Navy in 2014.

This is a terrorist that was born in the U.K., to a family who had legally come over from Libya and who were then supported by the British state to wage war when and where it suited them. Nothing to do with ‘illegals’, as you call them.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
arryarryarry
October 29, 2020, 10:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Usual flipping nonsense being spouted in response to bloody murders by religious nut jobs.

Won’t don’t we just chuck out all the Christians in Europe? All those killings justified by them in the name of their religion? Bloody do-gooding politically correct Romans allowing them in in the first place. Decent pagans aren’t safe any more.

A young  migrant just arrived into the country, try telling the families of those who have just had their heads sliced off that it's flipping nonsense..
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 30, 2020, 8:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Stupefyingly ignorant. It is well documented that Abedi’s father was part of a group supported by the British state to fight proxy wars in Libya against Gaddafi, and that Abedi, family and other militants were allowed free access to and from Libya - often vouched for by MI5. Abedi even got a free lift home from Tripoli courtesy of the British Navy in 2014.

This is a terrorist that was born in the U.K., to a family who had legally come over from Libya and who were then supported by the British state to wage war when and where it suited them. Nothing to do with ‘illegals’, as you call them.

My apologies. I did not realise being trained in Syria and Germany qualified as home grown!

If you read my first post on the subject you will see where I allude to  the earlier immigrations and the subsequent issues with younger members. The point being that legitimate cover has become easier to find and harder for the security services to crack.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
Roast Em Bobby
October 30, 2020, 9:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43

The point being that legitimate cover has become easier to find and harder for the security services to crack.

Your last point above is undoubtedly correct. My problem with your argument though is that it implies that ALL migrants/refugees should be refused entry because there is a possibility that amongst those that are let in that they may be radicalised jihadists. I haven't go any hard facts to back this up, but my assumption would be that less than 0.1% of those seeking asylum would fall into this category. The young family who died in the channel this week didn't look like potential terrorists to me.

To be clear, I'm not arguing for unfettered access to all migrants. I'm arguing against what I see as your lump all migrants together under the terrorist heading and apply a zero tolerance approach.

When the IRA was regularly bombing the UK did you call for a border between Ireland and Britain?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › "You cannot house the fox in the henhouse...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.