3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
October 27, 2020, 2:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89

Lets all support Southend for the next 3 games and hope beyond all hope that Scunny hit 92nd place and stay there.

I’d actually be very happy if Southend were still bottom by the time of scunny’s next game, as we normally need one or two
Whipping boys below us. We are far from out of the woods yet ourselves.

Scunny to be relegated would make me delirious, but Southend and Stevenage instead would still make me happy. Anyone but us. We’ve been there before, please never again.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 27, 2020, 2:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,988
Gold Stars: 283
We should remember that our Covid break did us a favour. Let's hope that isn't the case for our six fingered chums looming out of the steelworks smog.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
NorfolkImp
October 27, 2020, 3:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: -493
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

Can't see the season finishing myself at this rate.

Stop it now and use the current league table for promotion and relegation  

Fantastic idea

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
jamesgtfc
October 27, 2020, 3:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'm getting seriously worried about our friend Lincs Iron Man. Last heard of the afternoon before our win at Cheltenham,

He must be seriously worried about his teams current "plight".

We should send out a search party for him to make sure he's safe and sound and minding that gap!  

Sadly he seemed to disappear once it became apparent that he was likely to be the one parting with £50.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Marinerz93
October 27, 2020, 4:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Scunts are in big trouble according a Scunt work colleague who has a family member with contacts within the club, he recons they won't survive the drop due to the mountain of debt.

I told him I can't see it getting that bad but he will need to mind the gap.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
arryarryarry
October 27, 2020, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113

Lets all support Southend for the next 3 games and hope beyond all hope that Scunny hit 92nd place and stay there.

I understand Southend have a problem with HMRC so they may not end the season anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Posh Harry
October 27, 2020, 4:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from arryarryarry

I understand Southend have a problem with HMRC so they may not end the season anyway.

I think Southend have had an issue with hmrc for years. The owner has money but apparently leaves it until the last minute and the last threat before they wind them up before he pays, over and over again. Blokes an idiot and it will probably come back to bite them as a club at some point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
Poojah
October 27, 2020, 5:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from Marinerz93
Scunts are in big trouble according a Scunt work colleague who has a family member with contacts within the club, he recons they won't survive the drop due to the mountain of debt.

I told him I can't see it getting that bad but he will need to mind the gap.

I don't think you even need to be 'in the know' to establish that Scunny are in deep, deep trouble. This article, as damning as it is, was written in September last year - throw in a global pandemic and a potential relegation into the non-league abyss and it's hard to see the situation looking anything other than terminal.

https://priceoffootball.com/scunthorpe-united-2018-the-light-pours-out-of-me/

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
pen penfras
October 27, 2020, 6:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Poojah

I don't think you even need to be 'in the know' to establish that Scunny are in deep, deep trouble. This article, as damning as it is, was written in September last year - throw in a global pandemic and a potential relegation into the non-league abyss and it's hard to see the situation looking anything other than terminal.

What article?

If Scunny go down, and I hope they don't, then I guess it will depend on Swann what happens. If he lets them go pop, then he gets nothing back that he's put in. But it might be more expensive to keep them going than what he'd get back. The other part is image, will he care how it looks that he has driven them to the abyss?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Poojah
October 27, 2020, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from pen penfras

What article?

The one in my post, obviously...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny cancelling games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.