3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Teesknees
October 25, 2020, 4:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
I was watching the Harrogate game on iFollow, but the second half was about 10 minutes behind real time, so while the second half was underway I was still listening to Hull people interviewing someone about the Scunthorpe game, obviously because radio Humberside provide the commentary! I was having to get updates from the comments placed on here ffs! Not sure anything will be done about it as maybe all commentaries are supplied by the local radio stations! So bollox to the lot of them!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
lee65
October 25, 2020, 4:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Davec
I have noticed on several occasions this season Tonduer does struggle recognising players the other side of the pitch near the findus stand. Yes I understand he only sees it once and he doesn't have a screen in front of him etc but when fans are allowed in BP I sit in the main Stand in which I believe is a poorer view than Tonduer has and I have no trouble recognising players over at the findus side.

No I am not saying I can do a better job as I have absolutely no experience as a commentator.

Yes, I nearly mentioned this on a thread yesterday, he often gets players mixed up, but it’s only now that we spot this with iFollow and humberside together.  To be fair, he is a fair way from the action, but surely he could have an iPad with iFollow on next to him so he can get replays etc.
Yesterday he moaned about Windsor bundling in to a player and giving away another needless free kick with being over eager and the actual culprit was Williams
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Davec
October 25, 2020, 4:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from lee65

Yes, I nearly mentioned this on a thread yesterday, he often gets players mixed up, but it’s only now that we spot this with iFollow and humberside together.  To be fair, he is a fair way from the action, but surely he could have an iPad with iFollow on next to him so he can get replays etc.
Yesterday he moaned about Windsor bundling in to a player and giving away another needless free kick with being over eager and the actual culprit was Williams

Against Harrogate when Tilley cut inside and hit it narrowly wide at first he said great play by Clifton, then he corrected himself and said Tilley and then seconds later he confirmed it was Clifton! When it was actually Tilley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
lee65
October 25, 2020, 4:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
To be fair to JT, even watching I struggle to differentiate between Morton and Taylor  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
pen penfras
October 25, 2020, 4:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from lee65
To be fair to JT, even watching I struggle to differentiate between Morton and Taylor  

Morton's the one that hardly makes a tackle and only passes sideways. Taylor is better at both aspects, although his passing is a bit too negative considering he actually seems to be quite good at it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
moosey_club
October 25, 2020, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from pen penfras

Morton's the one that hardly makes a tackle and only passes sideways. Taylor is better at both aspects, although his passing is a bit too negative considering he actually seems to be quite good at it.

i had a similar reply in mind....but yours is alot kinder than mine so will leave it with yours.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
KingstonMariner
October 26, 2020, 1:21am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Given that Bradford's iFollow sales are low considering their fan base, I wonder what their Communications and Commercial Director, Ryan 'Not Very Bright' Sparks, has done to boost them.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
golfer
October 26, 2020, 10:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from moosey_club

i had a similar reply in mind....but yours is alot kinder than mine so will leave it with yours.

Go on Moosey - say it  " He's crapp "   A poor mans Dier - who himself is crapp. Haven't seen him do anything positive even with Tondeur giving him credit instead of the correct person.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
golfer
October 26, 2020, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
I don't believe that the figures for ifollow include season ticket holders
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Teestogreen
October 26, 2020, 10:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
After watching McKeowns horror show against Harrogate - I decided not to subscribe to ifollow for the  Carlisle game.
Just seen his Carlisle horror show - my Carlisle mate reckons he’s never seen anything like it in playing and watching football in over 40 years. He thinks if McKeown is
not involved in some sort of betting regime, he should be dropped anyway in recognition of his poor performance, therefore Battersby included.
Certainly, to have him as captain is detrimental to the team, as he has lost Town some important points, in the face of others in the team giving it all  to improve it
imo
I don’t see any reason to subscribe to any more Grimsby Town games on ifollow, whilst this goalkeeper is undermining any progress with the rest of the team

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow Sales

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.