Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mental Health
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
DB and 24 Guests

Mental Health

This thread currently has 21,173 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
January 27, 2021, 1:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Thinking about this earlier. Check up on a mate, brother, father, son, cousin, colleague. Especially in times like this.

“three-quarters of all suicides in the UK are men. That’s 13 every day, 91 a week, or one every two hours,”. Quote from here:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/.....-91-times-488634/amp

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 340
DB
January 27, 2021, 5:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
I think this is a thread that should never die. Their is always someone out their with this sort of illness who is too scared and frightened to mention it.

It may help them to post a message on this thread ( Not Agony Aunt) but to relieve their anxiety, tension or stress. Just writing something might release the pressure. They don't have to use their own name, something like ' I have a friend, my mate etc.).

This could be a matter of life and death, death if not literal but also in the sense on not being able to live a normal life like most people. This may not be you but could be your partner, child, parent, mate, friend, neighbour etc. The list is endless.

The need for these unfortunate people is to talk or in this case just a few words to ease their mind a little bit may help them.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 340
Sandford1981
January 27, 2021, 1:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB
I think this is a thread that should never die. Their is always someone out their with this sort of illness who is too scared and frightened to mention it.

It may help them to post a message on this thread ( Not Agony Aunt) but to relieve their anxiety, tension or stress. Just writing something might release the pressure. They don't have to use their own name, something like ' I have a friend, my mate etc.).

This could be a matter of life and death, death if not literal but also in the sense on not being able to live a normal life like most people. This may not be you but could be your partner, child, parent, mate, friend, neighbour etc. The list is endless.

The need for these unfortunate people is to talk or in this case just a few words to ease their mind a little bit may help them.

I’d wholeheartedly echo all of those sentiments DB. It’s handy to pop on with relevant links,stories etc...Keeps it bubbling away in the background.

What may seem inconsequential such as a private message on here or a text in the ‘real world’ may mean a lot to someone who is struggling.

As always I’m happy to be PM’d or give out my number if need be.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 340
DB
January 27, 2021, 2:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

I’d wholeheartedly echo all of those sentiments DB. It’s handy to pop on with relevant links,stories etc...Keeps it bubbling away in the background.

What may seem inconsequential such as a private message on here or a text in the ‘real world’ may mean a lot to someone who is struggling.

As always I’m happy to be PM’d or give out my number if need be.

It's thank to you that this tread started. I don't mind being PM'd but I have a following of 450 red Xs who really like my number.  

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 340
Sandford1981
January 27, 2021, 2:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

It's thank to you that this tread started. I don't mind being PM'd but I have a following of 450 red Xs who really like my number.  

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that you can switch off the ticks and crosses function. Could be wrong (it’s a regular occurrence).

This is a subject close to my heart and I’m passionate about it. I’ve bin lucky enough to benefit from professional help and from ordinary folk like us who just reached out to me.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 340
DB
January 27, 2021, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that you can switch off the ticks and crosses function. Could be wrong (it’s a regular occurrence).

This is a subject close to my heart and I’m passionate about it. I’ve bin lucky enough to benefit from professional help and from ordinary folk like us who just reached out to me.

I know how to do that. It's not the X's that bother me, but giving my number out so 450 could contact me. I have enough health problems without bring them on. If I can help anybody please send me a PM and I'll do my best to help you.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 340
Sandford1981
January 27, 2021, 2:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

I know how to do that. It's not the X's that bother me, but giving my number out so 450 could contact me. I have enough health problems without bring them on. If I can help anybody please send me a PM and I'll do my best to help you.

Ah I get what you mean now. Apologies.

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 340
Rick12
January 29, 2021, 9:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Thinking about this earlier. Check up on a mate, brother, father, son, cousin, colleague. Especially in times like this.

“three-quarters of all suicides in the UK are men. That’s 13 every day, 91 a week, or one every two hours,”. Quote from here:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/.....-91-times-488634/amp
Thanks for that Kingston. I think there are trigger factors which dont help either .For instance we live in a materialistic/often self centred society where sometimes people dont check up on the vulnerable. I had a friend for instance at school who died 2 years ago. He was dead in his room for 2 weeks before the police find him. He had his troubles(low level Asperger's syndrome I think) and drifted into a reclusive lifestyle  and occasionally took drugs .

As you say a bit of love goes a long way. Sometimes it takes a lot more for people to get out of the hole though.

Quoted from DB

I don't mind being PM'd but I have a following of 450 red Xs who really like my number.  
Dont worry about the red crosses. As long as you try to be true to who you are and work on being healthy in mind and body thats all that matters.

Ive found the way Tyson Fury has struggled with his mental problems and the way he is beating them laudable . Hope he destroys Anthony Joshua in their May/June proposed fight this year .Video below is moving as well:

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 340
codcheeky
January 29, 2021, 8:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
https://keepournhspublic.com/austerity-wrecking-mental-health/

We have had 10 years of Tory austerity that as impacted mental health more than anywhere else, help has been cut and cut again, it’s easy to cut because it’s not as visible as physical health.
Asking for help is a big thing, it not being there because of cuts so the rich can pay a little less tax is criminal
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 340
DB
January 29, 2021, 8:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky
https://keepournhspublic.com/austerity-wrecking-mental-health/

We have had 10 years of Tory austerity that as impacted mental health more than anywhere else, help has been cut and cut again, it’s easy to cut because it’s not as visible as physical health.
Asking for help is a big thing, it not being there because of cuts so the rich can pay a little less tax is criminal

I don't think that this thread is about party politics, one-upmanship or the kind.

It is about trying to help our fellow mankind who find themselves having mental health problems which they are struggling to cope with. Being their for them. It is not about judging how their problems evolved but helping them come to terms with it and ultimately learning how to cope.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 340
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mental Health

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.