Bignic69
October 22, 2020, 11:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I believe the rule on murder has always been one year and a day. If you get charged with GBH or attempted murder and they die from their injuries within that period it becomes murder.

It is pretty obvious if a group of people kick the living daylight out of someone that death could be a result so it should always be attempted murder at the least.

You don't know what weaknesses people have. A single punch would do a lot more damage to me potentially because I fractured all of my ribs down one side and punctured my lung 3 years ago. Might look alright at a glance but my ribs are misshaped and I can feel them move if I lift anything too heavy.

Always say this, its like those who carry knives and stab people, what exactly are they hoping to achieve.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
Rick12
October 23, 2020, 4:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Heartwrenching  story.

How the hell can people stamp on someone's head just for following a different football team.

Hope some kind of karma gets these sickos in this life

RIP Simon.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Ipswin
October 23, 2020, 4:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
You might get a chance to meet the illegitimates at Southend this season They'll all be out on the streets again 'supporting' (I use the word loosely) their football team

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Ipswin
October 23, 2020, 4:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I believe the rule on murder has always been one year and a day. If you get charged with GBH or attempted murder and they die from their injuries within that period it becomes murder.

The requirement that death occur within a year and a day of any injury for a killing to amount to murder was abolished by the Law Reform (Year and a Day Rule) Act 1996. Unfortunately I don't know what they were charged with or convicted of but it will almost certainly preclude any further charge

Proceedings against a person for murder, if the injury alleged to have caused the death was sustained more than three years before the death occurred, or the person has previously been convicted of an offence committed in circumstances alleged to be connected with the death, may only be instituted by or with the consent of the Attorney General ) as in the case of R v Clift where a lad he stabbed died 6 years later, he had already been convicted of GBH but he was subsequently convicted of murder)

Sadly it doesn't happen often

twits are out there laughing

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Rick12
October 23, 2020, 4:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin
You might get a chance to meet the illegitimates at Southend this season They'll all be out on the streets again 'supporting' (I use the word loosely) their football team
Hope the FA has issued banning orders .Its the least they can do as some sort of recompense for the poor mans family.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Ipswin
October 23, 2020, 4:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Hope the FA has issued banning orders .Its the least they can do as some sort of recompense for the poor mans family.

That's why I said 'streets' they attacked the Cambridge lad in a pub quite a while after the match, I'm not even sure they were at the game!

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
promotion plaice
October 23, 2020, 4:53pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,031
Gold Stars: 195
Quoted from KingstonMariner
That’s so sad.

Never understand the mentality of people who do stuff like this. Sick in the head.

Town vs Lincoln.
I was walking towards BP on my own about three seasons ago when a group of Town thugs just happened to walk along side me looking for Lincoln fans to have a fight with.
They spotted a couple of Lincoln lads innocently leaning on their car having what looked like a tea down a side street and ran over towards them to attack them.
I hastily went looking for the nearest policeman to report it, when I did eventually find one they already new about the incident.
That's why I don't attend away games anymore.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Rick12
October 23, 2020, 4:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

That's why I said 'streets' they attacked the Cambridge lad in a pub quite a while after the match, I'm not even sure they were at the game!

It makes you think though. Theres some low life out there. Had they been on their own chances are they wouldnt of attacked him. Group mentality .Cowards of the highest order.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So sad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.