5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
October 21, 2020, 4:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Although progress has undoubtedly been made recently, I still think there is huge stigma around mental health but particularly male mental health. Every single attempted or completed suicide is one too many and with the right help   may have been avoidable.

Clearly every case is unique to the individual and a complex matter. I myself suffer with mental health issues and it’s a subject I’m passionate about. People being able to admit that anonymously to a large extent on here can make such a difference.

I know it’s a cliche but just realising you are not alone can be a break through for some and a relief to others. Having a connection of some sort cannot be underestimated. Having empathy and compassion for others who are going through rough times can be healing and just having the ability to share can help.

Perhaps giving its prevalence we should have a thread for it on here.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
Les Brechin
October 21, 2020, 4:39pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174

I dont doubt Les's credentials in the slightest, as he has been the go to money man long before I joined Fishy.

I have had a look at alternative donation sites and some dont take a penny from any donation, but do charge the donator a small 20p/25p fee on their card payment. On many you can also claim Gift Aid, so if a £10 danation was given, gift aiding it would take it up to £12.50, and only for a further 25p to you.

That is the advantage of a Just Giving page is that you can claim an extra 25% Giftaid if you are a tax payer, whereas any payment to me would be just that.

I am just offering my services if needed. I would just accept money as I do for the buster (ie via Paypal or bank transfer).  I don't mind either way so if someone wants to set up a Just Giving site I don't mind at all, and then as you say, the fundraising could then go "beyond The Fishy".

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
tarka
October 21, 2020, 6:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Les Brechin

That is the advantage of a Just Giving page is that you can claim an extra 25% Giftaid if you are a tax payer, whereas any payment to me would be just that.

I am just offering my services if needed. I would just accept money as I do for the buster (ie via Paypal or bank transfer).  I don't mind either way so if someone wants to set up a Just Giving site I don't mind at all, and then as you say, the fundraising could then go "beyond The Fishy".

I would be happy to support this in any way I can (and donate of course!). I was a mental health nurse for 40 years and came across some tragic situations. I also had issues of my own a few years ago which I won't go into.

I think you are right about Just Giving Les...although the regulars on here know you and trust you without reservation the gift aid swings it for me.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
toontown
October 21, 2020, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
I'm definitely up for supporting this. As others have mentioned male suicide is particularly high, and with this being an issue that is tragically so close to Ollie it would be good for us to help out and also try and raise awareness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
ginnywings
October 21, 2020, 7:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
I'm  another who has had issues around depression, so count me in for a donation too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 21, 2020, 9:43pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +836
Gold Stars: 117
Les I have sent you a private message re: JustGiving
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
Mikey_345
October 21, 2020, 10:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,358
Gold Stars: 103
Anyone any good with how you set up a JustGiving - not my strong point I’m afraid.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 21, 2020, 10:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345
Anyone any good with how you set up a JustGiving - not my strong point I’m afraid.

I've done one but I'm hopefully having Les check it out before I share it. Fingers crossed it'll be up tomorrow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
forza ivano
October 21, 2020, 11:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,161
Gold Stars: 265
It a just giveing site is established we could then make contact with qpr, gashead and Blackpool forums to spread the message
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 21, 2020, 11:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
It a just giveing site is established we could then make contact with qpr, gashead and Blackpool forums to spread the message

There are so many avenues that can be explored.

Colin Murray and the EFL On Quest posse

All the Town players on social media

Etc etc

The more people who can help to share, the better.

I have set the initial target as £500 but that can be altered as it progresses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear ollie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.