5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
October 21, 2020, 1:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Great idea. Is it something to Trust can set up with Ollie's blessing?

Might get some national coverage that way and raise an amount to make everyone proud.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
Henryscat
October 21, 2020, 1:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Great idea. Is it something to Trust can set up with Ollie's blessing?

Might get some national coverage that way and raise an amount to make everyone proud.

I’m not sure how the Mind “sponsorship” of the EFL works but I’m sure they’d get involved somehow

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
Theimperialcoroner
October 21, 2020, 2:02pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Top idea.

I’d urge discretion at an emotional time for those involved though.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
Mikey_345
October 21, 2020, 2:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,357
Gold Stars: 101
Be great if someone who has the know how could set something up.

Mental health is still seen as a ‘taboo’ subject but, especially at the moment, it is something that touches all of us or someone close to us at some point in our lives.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 21, 2020, 2:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +836
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Top idea.

I’d urge discretion at an emotional time for those involved though.

Thats why I suggested raising the money to give to Ollie for his choosing of which charity to give it to, be it for suicide prevention, mental health, or ANY other charity that he thinks would benefit. Anything that makes him feel supported by us, and to support a worthy cause.

If a JustGiving appeal was set up, it can be timed for weeks or months down the line for the money to be available, so would be hopefully comfortably beyond the rawness of the emotions he feels now.

The be all and end all is that WE support HIM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
October 21, 2020, 2:15pm
Guest User
GOOD IDEA, IM IN.
Reply: 15 - 49
Northbank Mariner
October 21, 2020, 2:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I'm in, had issues of my own with mental health, always said I could deal with any disease or physical ailments but to deal with the your head when it's gone "pop" is so very difficult and to understand and in all honesty, admit your ill.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
Les Brechin
October 21, 2020, 2:24pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Rather than a Just Giving page, who take a percentage of what's donated how about a payment into one person and then we can set a deadline for donations and at the closing date make a presentation of the amount raised to Ollie.

I have run the buster for a number of years now and handled thousands of pounds of fishy posters money so I would be willing to be the one to accept the donations if you wanted.

I could then keep people up to date with a running total of money raised.

Just an idea.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
Northbank Mariner
October 21, 2020, 2:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Les Brechin
Rather than a Just Giving page, who take a percentage of what's donated how about a payment into one person and then we can set a deadline for donations and at the closing date make a presentation of the amount raised to Ollie.

I have run the buster for a number of years now and handled thousands of pounds of fishy posters money so I would be willing to be the one to accept the donations if you wanted.

Just an idea.

Les, you are trusted and get what you are saying. I'm with you about ALL funds raised going to Ollie for him to distribute to charity as he feels fit.
I suppose it just puts pressure on you dealing with the handing out of your details by it if you can handle it then I think you should maybe set up a new thread and merge this one with it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
HistonMariner
October 21, 2020, 2:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Les Brechin

Just an idea.

Your credentials are proven.  I am behind you.  Top man.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear ollie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.