Ipswin
October 21, 2020, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimps

I think we all knew they was a decent team , well everyone except Ollie who decided to hand a load of youth team debuts out again .
It’s alright getting great away wins but we can’t just sacrifice 3 points in the name of fitness the week after

I just wish he'd play the best players who he already knows and saves the young inexperienced non league lot for the EFL cup games We can't piuss about for another 3 or 4 league games before he makes his mind up FFS

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 68
Gaffer58
October 21, 2020, 12:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Is Ollie a bit of a tinkerman though, I know at the moment he says fitness etc is why he keeps rotating the team but, he has a squad of around 28/29 players that he has to keep happy, also 6 loanees where he can only play 5 max, and probably has to to keep their parent clubs happy by playing them as much as possible. So we might have to get use to the rotation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 68
Teesknees
October 21, 2020, 12:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Ipswin

Shame he didn't bloody well pick them then!

You must be a lot happier now you've got something to complain about!

Good for you!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 68
jamesgtfc
October 21, 2020, 12:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Totally different set of circumstances this season. When you look at the last 4 games, Harrogate was the one we were most likely to lose.

Bolton was a step into the unknown but we got a point then followed it up with 6 points. I would have taken 7 points from 12 when we came back from isolation 2 weeks ago!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 68
Ipswin
October 21, 2020, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
Is Ollie a bit of a tinkerman though, I know at the moment he says fitness etc is why he keeps rotating the team but, he has a squad of around 28/29 players that he has to keep happy, also 6 loanees where he can only play 5 max, and probably has to to keep their parent clubs happy by playing them as much as possible. So we might have to get use to the rotation.

Makes a change from complaints about a lack of players I suppose

Perhaps he shouldn't have gone mad bringing so many unknown 8th tier players, who plainly aren't going to feature much or deliver much if they do

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 68
Ipswin
October 21, 2020, 12:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Teesknees

You must be a lot happier now you've got something to complain about!

Good for you!

My apologies I didn't realise so were so pleased with last night's 'performance' (I use the word loosely)

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 68
Ipswin
October 21, 2020, 1:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc
When you look at the last 4 games, Harrogate was the one we were most likely to lose.

I don't see that at all, it was a home game against a side newly out of non-league after 5 league games to get a) fit and b) organised

I think Cheltenham was the one we were least likely to win and it was probably the best performance!

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 68
jamesgtfc
October 21, 2020, 1:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Ipswin

I don't see that at all, it was a home game against a side newly out of non-league after 5 league games to get a) fit and b) organised

I think Cheltenham was the one we were least likely to win and it was probably the best performance!

Fresh out of non-league having kept fit for the play-offs which they won a month before our season started so they have a massive head start on most when it comes to fitness.

Having got to the FA Trophy final, they could only play a maximum of 6 new players which meant they had to keep most of their team together.

They are probably fitter, or at least more match fit, than any other team in this league.

Compare that to our team which has been cobbled together. Bennett has come here after Bristol Rovers wouldn't even allow him to train there. Bringing him on after 5 minutes was a mistake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 68
diehardmariner
October 21, 2020, 2:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,579
Gold Stars: 537
Hmm...

Bit of two steps forward, one step back really wasn't it?

Disappointing all round.  Preston needs a rest, which is very understandable.  Any idea when Hewitt is due back?

Morton and Spokes look ok individually but far too inexperienced to be a pairing in my eyes.  They looked like they needed someone to hold their hands at times last night.  Morton in particular could have done with someone grabbing hold of him to tell him that lofted pass out to the wing wasn't working.  Clifton's getting shunted all over the place when I think we could do with his energy in the middle on a settled basis.

We were never really in it but once we brought Hanson on we panicked and reverted to just hoofing it at him, just at the point when we seemed to be getting Tilley into the game to try something different.

Harrogate, as cynical and at times a bit embarrassing as they were, were very good.  Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they're in the mix at the end of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 68
golfer
October 21, 2020, 3:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
How on Earth can you say Morton and Spokes look o.k. individually - I haven't seen them do one thing "o.k." even the basics seem pretty hard for them at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.