Madeleymariner
October 21, 2020, 9:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I think you’re right. We’ll be half decent. And half bad. Maybe it’ll settle down in a month or two and we’ll be able to develop a consistent squad.

Apart from the goal I didn’t think Tilley was all that. He holds onto the ball too long too often. He’s a good player but it seems as if there’s too much ego in there for him to pass the ball quick enough.

I think it is often there is no movement in front and no one to pass to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 68
Withnail
October 21, 2020, 9:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Mariner_501
Fourth game this season I’ve seen. 3 losses and a draw where we didn’t have a shot on target.

Two games i have missed have both been wins. My fault.

Preston is class but this was his worst game for us.

Morton and Spokes were garbage.

Not sure what people saw in Gomis. Lost the ball every time he had it and never seemed to be in the right positions.

I'm the other way around... I've watched two games so far this season - Cheltenham and Leyton Orient. Maybe you should do the decent thing and pay for me to watch the game on Saturday instead 😎 UTM 🐟🐟🐟
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 68
FishOutOfWater
October 21, 2020, 9:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I think you’re right. We’ll be half decent. And half bad. Maybe it’ll settle down in a month or two and we’ll be able to develop a consistent squad.

Apart from the goal I didn’t think Tilley was all that. He holds onto the ball too long too often. He’s a good player but it seems as if there’s too much ego in there for him to pass the ball quick enough.

Can't agree with you there about Tilley KM ( but I won't be giving you an x    )

If anything when he joined us I'd say he played well within himself so it's good to see him looking to impose himself on a game now

He was unlucky not to score at Walsall with that effort late on that hit the post and while his goal at Cheltenham was lucky to have gone in, last night it was great to see him go for the chance as it arose and he put it away very well indeed

Maybe he did hold on to the ball a bit last night but to my mind, that might have been more because he knew more what to do with it than some of his team-mates around him

I think if he carries on with a good run in a side that plays together regularly, he'll do very well for us

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 68
golfer
October 21, 2020, 9:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
You can't just blame the players for that woeful performance - Olly has to now pick the best possible available team instead of all this changing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 68
monkeyboy
October 21, 2020, 10:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Harrogate are a decent settled side, settled being the word.

We are still probably trying to find our best team out at the moment.

We have some good players not even in the squad last night like Williams, Scannel, Mohsni, Ohman and Rose so no need to panic as Ollie knows what these guys bring.most of them would go into most league 2 teams.

Was hoping Jackson jnr was going to get a run last night rather than Gibson just to see what hes about, after all he slammed 2 in for the reserves so is on the right track.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 68
Ipswin
October 21, 2020, 10:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from monkeyboy

We have some good players not even in the squad last night like Williams, Scannel, Mohsni, Ohman and Rose so no need to panic as Ollie knows what these guys bring.most of them would go into most league 2 teams.

Shame he didn't bloody well pick them then!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 68
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 21, 2020, 10:38am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Agree we have a number of what may be regarded as our better, or experienced players, missing but mystified by the absence of Sean Scannell who played all our first game and looked more than decent despite his obvious lack of match fitness. He also played for the reserves last week but has not made our bench in either game since and would, I would suggest, have been the ideal replacement for Edwards last night.

We continue Saturday/Tuesday in L2 for another two weeks and after that the 2 Tuesday night matches are EFL cup games so I expect after what IH has said we may well see this change of team approach continue for another 4 league games and I would hope after that all players should have reached the required levels of fitness and from then on we will see our best team selected on a much more regular basis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 68
grimps
October 21, 2020, 10:52am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,095
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from monkeyboy
Harrogate are a decent settled side, settled being the word.

We are still probably trying to find our best team out at the moment.

Was hoping Jackson jnr was going to get a run last night rather than Gibson just to see what hes about, after all he slammed 2 in for the reserves so is on the right track.

I think we all knew they was a decent team , well everyone except Ollie who decided to hand a load of youth team debuts out again .
It’s alright getting great away wins but we can’t just sacrifice 3 points in the name of fitness the week after
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 68
Swansea_Mariner
October 21, 2020, 11:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Completely this, but I'd add that Macca probably should have let that ball run out for the first goal and turning our free kick into their 2nd goal was poor.

I think we have enough in the squad to be half decent at this level.      

Totally agree and it goes to show how fine the margins are.

Their first goal was a total freak goal, bet Macca was still thinking about that at 3AM.  Their second though Miller showed some real quality close control bringing the ball down on the run like that, real class that, but again we got unlucky with Maccas parry falling in the worst possible place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 68
October 21, 2020, 11:37am
Guest User
Quoted from golfer
You can't just blame the players for that woeful performance - Olly has to now pick the best possible available team instead of all this changing

Agreed.. especially a team like Harrogate yesterday who are on good form. Will need our best XI for Carlisle on Saturday. It's probably a better idea to rotate the squad (if we were playing them) for the likes of Scunthorpe, Southend, Bolton, Barrow... teams who haven't had the best of starts

Best possible XI every game and deal with injuries as and when they come
Reply: 29 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.