3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
October 20, 2020, 3:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
I find it despicable that some of the richest people in this country try and find the loopholes that helps them avoid paying tax.

Just pay your flipping taxes — you've got plenty!

The poorest have to be earning a certain amount before they pay tax, but that's how the system has to work. If you can afford to pay taxes, then pay them. If you can't, then don't.

Taxes (among other things) are what keep this country going, and evolving, and growing. If you don't want to put money into a pot that's used to improve everyone's lives (ignoring, for the moment, the way politicians often mismanage this pot) then that makes you pretty selfish and goes against the 'spirit' of this country — the patriotism — that everyone bangs on about when we're faced with adversity.

But to keep this a football thread — great idea by the Newcastle fans. When you've got enough yourself, start helping others.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
rancido
October 20, 2020, 3:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ska face

MPs have to vote on whether to accept the increase or not.

So if your employer asked you or your union, if you were a member one, whether your should accept a pay rise or not , what would their or your reaction be?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
realist
October 20, 2020, 3:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41

FFS! 8 of the last 50 years or so have had a Labour government but it's still Labour's fault!

Nothing can be laid at the door of Osborn, Cameron, May, Johnson?

In your time period labour has been in power for 18 years. Every time they virtually bankrupted the country.
I know this is non football but it us in response to the few that never miss an opportunity to have a dig at a conservative government
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
AussieMariner
October 20, 2020, 3:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Turning into a non football thread

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.

I see Hanson's still out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
rancido
October 20, 2020, 3:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from RichMariner
I find it despicable that some of the richest people in this country try and find the loopholes that helps them avoid paying tax.

Just pay your flipping taxes — you've got plenty!

The poorest have to be earning a certain amount before they pay tax, but that's how the system has to work. If you can afford to pay taxes, then pay them. If you can't, then don't.

Taxes (among other things) are what keep this country going, and evolving, and growing. If you don't want to put money into a pot that's used to improve everyone's lives (ignoring, for the moment, the way politicians often mismanage this pot) then that makes you pretty selfish and goes against the 'spirit' of this country — the patriotism — that everyone bangs on about when we're faced with adversity.

But to keep this a football thread — great idea by the Newcastle fans. When you've got enough yourself, start helping others.

While I whole heartedly agree with you, sadly it is human nature that some people, regardless of wealth, will try to avoid paying tax. How many people have paid for a building/plumbing /decorating job "cash in" hand" or said "cash and don't put it through the books to avoid vat etc". We are all guilty - the principle is the same but it's just the amounts that differ.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
ska face
October 20, 2020, 4:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from rancido

So if your employer asked you or your union, if you were a member one, whether your should accept a pay rise or not , what would their or your reaction be?

Just correcting your incorrect statement.

If I were an MP on £81k a year (plus expenses), and I was expected to accept another £3,300 at the same time as supposedly saying there isn’t any money to feed kids over the school holidays, I’d probably say something similar to -

https://mobile.twitter.com/zarahsultana/status/1316081150885072896

Anyway, back to football, jumpers for goalposts, freshly cut grass, ahh marvellous, isn’t it? I paid a tenner on Saturday and felt like I got decent value for it, the stream was perfect and never cut out or froze. Not sure how I would’ve felt it we hadn’t got that last minute winner though.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
rancido
October 20, 2020, 5:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Just correcting your incorrect statement.

If I were an MP on £81k a year (plus expenses), and I was expected to accept another £3,300 at the same time as supposedly saying there isn’t any money to feed kids over the school holidays, I’d probably say something similar to -

https://mobile.twitter.com/zarahsultana/status/1316081150885072896

Anyway, back to football, jumpers for goalposts, freshly cut grass, ahh marvellous, isn’t it? I paid a tenner on Saturday and felt like I got decent value for it, the stream was perfect and never cut out or froze. Not sure how I would’ve felt it we hadn’t got that last minute winner though.

Just to correct you, what I said was a rhetorical question and not a statement. You quoted a very noble gesture but how many  other MPs will follow that lead including Keir Starmer, Jeremy Corbyn or Dianne Abbott?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
ska face
October 20, 2020, 5:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from rancido

Just to correct you, what I said was a rhetorical question and not a statement. You quoted a very noble gesture but how many  other MPs will follow that lead including Keir Starmer, Jeremy Corbyn or Dianne Abbott?

“ MPs had no say in what they are paid” is not a rhetorical question.

Who cares what Diane Abbott or Sir Keith Starmer do? I fear you’re taking this off-topic, can someone PLEASE talk about the football?
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
Rodley Mariner
October 20, 2020, 6:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from pen penfras

[img]https://www.economicshelp.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/net-debt-political-92-2019.jpg.webp[/img]

I think that image says everything. The mess they inherited was always going to take decades to resolve, it's just no politician will get elected telling that truth.

That image shows national debt was no worse under Labour until 2008 when a worldwide recession triggered by the banking sector necessitated huge stimulus packages. Should Blair have better regulated the banks? Of course. Would the Tories have supported that? Would they intercourse. It then shows that a decade of austerity which has caused poverty, misery and death for many of the most vulnerable in the country has done nothing to reduce that debt.

Bad tackle by Pickford at the weekend.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
rancido
October 20, 2020, 6:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

“ MPs had no say in what they are paid” is not a rhetorical question.

Who cares what Diane Abbott or Sir Keith Starmer do? I fear you’re taking this off-topic, can someone PLEASE talk about the football?

How ironical - how about you keeping it going

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newcastle Fans Protest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.