pen penfras
October 20, 2020, 7:48am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -141
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Great idea for them, as with the amount of money sloshing around in the Prem, their club doesn't need it.

Mind you, if we had a proper tax regime, there wouldn't need to be food banks. Over to you Boris.

Perhaps if Blair and Brown hadn't spunked all the countries money on nonsense when times were good, there might have been some sort of rainy day fund for the 2008 fallout. Then we wouldn't have interest payments on the debt that are greater than the national deficit. I guess that's all going to be small fry compared to what's to come, but that situation is hardly Boris' fault, no matter how idiotic he is. His budget was much more in line with New Labour than a typical Conservative one anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
It Bites
October 20, 2020, 8:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from denni266
No. not when its money going in to the club thats needed

Do they need it ? The owner is a multi millionaire isn't he ?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
ska face
October 20, 2020, 8:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,353
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from pen penfras

Perhaps if Blair and Brown hadn't spunked all the countries money on nonsense when times were good, there might have been some sort of rainy day fund for the 2008 fallout. Then we wouldn't have interest payments on the debt that are greater than the national deficit. I guess that's all going to be small fry compared to what's to come, but that situation is hardly Boris' fault, no matter how idiotic he is. His budget was much more in line with New Labour than a typical Conservative one anyway.

this is definitely how an economy works, especially after a decade of being in power.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 20, 2020, 12:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,988
Gold Stars: 285
Quoted from pen penfras

FFS! 8 of the last 50 years or so have had a Labour government but it's still Labour's fault!

Nothing can be laid at the door of Osborn, Cameron, May, Johnson?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
pen penfras
October 20, 2020, 12:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -141
Gold Stars: 71

FFS! 8 of the last 50 years or so have had a Labour government but it's still Labour's fault!

Nothing can be laid at the door of Osborn, Cameron, May, Johnson?

[img]https://www.economicshelp.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/net-debt-political-92-2019.jpg.webp[/img]

I think that image says everything. The mess they inherited was always going to take decades to resolve, it's just no politician will get elected telling that truth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
realist
October 20, 2020, 12:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,687
Gold Stars: 41
Why is hardship the fault of the government?  Surely the employers only paying minimum wage are the biggest culprits.
I do sympathise with those that work hard for low pay. Perhaps we should cut benefits and give a lift to those in work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
Gaffer58
October 20, 2020, 1:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
On another note I see our hard working MP’s have been given something like a 3% pay rise, probably instead of giving them a pay rise when the country is broke we should all have gone outside at 8pm on a Tuesday evening and clapped them, I’m sure they would appreciate that more then the cash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
rancido
October 20, 2020, 2:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from Gaffer58
On another note I see our hard working MP’s have been given something like a 3% pay rise, probably instead of giving them a pay rise when the country is broke we should all have gone outside at 8pm on a Tuesday evening and clapped them, I’m sure they would appreciate that more then the cash.

An independant body decides what pay MPs get. This was brought in after the expenses scandal so that MPs had no say in what they are paid. I have no beef about what MPs are paid but I do have  an issue with the House of Lords and some of the salaries for local authority administrators.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
ska face
October 20, 2020, 3:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,353
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from rancido

An independant body decides what pay MPs get. This was brought in after the expenses scandal so that MPs had no say in what they are paid. I have no beef about what MPs are paid but I do have  an issue with the House of Lords and some of the salaries for local authority administrators.

MPs have to vote on whether to accept the increase or not.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
tashee69
October 20, 2020, 3:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +966
Gold Stars: 23
Turning into a non football thread

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newcastle Fans Protest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.