Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kick off time Tuesday (Harrogate)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 332 Guests

Kick off time Tuesday (Harrogate)

This thread currently has 4,468 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
October 19, 2020, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Tried both links and they both say 7.45 so one would presume its 7.45

I tried earlier and they were different.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
KingstonMariner
October 19, 2020, 10:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Poojah
As an aside, despite being an ardent traditionalist when it comes to kick-off times, I actually quite liked Saturday's 5:30pm kick-off under the circumstances. It meant I could keep the wife and kids entertained during the day and then settle down to watch the match with a beer or two without getting the earache I'd have got if I'd tried that mid-afternoon.

I just wonder whether at the minute people are more likely to be at home in the early evening than at the usual 3 o'clock. Given that it's potentially more convenient when a fixture requires a long journey for one of the sides (as it was for us at the weekend), I wonder if it'd be worth trialling to see whether it improves iFollow sales.

Others may disagree, of course.

Agree completely. Except the kids bit. My youngest are 14 and couldn't give a toss whether they spend time with me (or their mum). I was able to have a lie in, still do stuff in the morning and go for a walk with the missus in the afternoon.

It also helped that the game I wasn't going to was fairly local too.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
mariners1
October 20, 2020, 9:27am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +201
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Madeleymariner

So where do you go to watch matches on the QT .    I'm lucky and at the point after nearly 35 yrs of marriage that me and wife only meet up at meals, waking up in the morning and when going out, we tend to have our own space, so dont be disheartened another 20 yrs and you will be able to watch as much footy as you want

That is indeed a good stint
My wife and I have had 20 happy years of marriage........trouble is that we’ve actually been married for 39 so the other 19 years have been a bloody nightmare.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
October 20, 2020, 9:33am
Guest User
Quoted from mariners1

That is indeed a good stint
My wife and I have had 20 happy years of marriage........trouble is that we’ve actually been married for 39 so the other 19 years have been a bloody nightmare.

Reply: 23 - 29
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 20, 2020, 9:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Agree with Poojah about the later kick off. If this helps to increase the numbers viewing then it would be even better.

Was hoping to try to ‘cast’ the match from my iPad or phone to the tv. Is this possible at all?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
Southwark Mariner
October 20, 2020, 10:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
oooh Cheltenham vs Scunthorpe 6pm kickoff tonight! Might be a little light entertainment before the main event at 7.45!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
pen penfras
October 20, 2020, 11:03am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Agree with Poojah about the later kick off. If this helps to increase the numbers viewing then it would be even better.

Was hoping to try to ‘cast’ the match from my iPad or phone to the tv. Is this possible at all?

Yes, it's possible. Probably get it set up and working before you buy the pass.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
supertown
October 20, 2020, 11:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Rick12
I think a lot of women dont like the football and would prefer their menfolk with them on a Saturday afternoon shopping etc. I know in my household Iam only allowed one game of football on the tv a week. Otherwise she goes of her rocker  

I take it the winky face means this is a joke ? If not you need to have a long hard look at your relationship.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
blundellpork
October 20, 2020, 6:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

This didn’t seem to work for me with the last home game so going with lighting cable to hdmi tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
Rick12
October 21, 2020, 6:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from supertown

I take it the winky face means this is a joke ? If not you need to have a long hard look at your relationship.
Thanks for the advice. Its actually legitimate though.

As noted I dont mind because when you have seen things in hospitals eg friends dying aged 18 through genetic illness and suffering greatly in the process  you realise there are more important things in life than football.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kick off time Tuesday (Harrogate)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.