2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 19, 2020, 9:51am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
I wonder how much we would be able to purchase Owen Windsor for. We could get him in the next transfer window for a lot less than it would cost at the end of this season if he plays well all season. The better he plays in the long run, the more WBA will value him at. Just from his first few games I can see him being a really good permament acquisition for us for the years to come. Young, fit, tough, fast, great attitude. What else could we ask for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
IlkleyMariner
October 19, 2020, 9:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Would be amazed if WBA would let him go. Let’s hope we can keep in through the January transfer window and take it from there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Swansea_Mariner
October 19, 2020, 10:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Why would they sell him + we got no money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
jamesgtfc
October 19, 2020, 10:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
I wonder how much we would be able to purchase Owen Windsor for. We could get him in the next transfer window for a lot less than it would cost at the end of this season if he plays well all season. The better he plays in the long run, the more WBA will value him at. Just from his first few games I can see him being a really good permament acquisition for us for the years to come. Young, fit, tough, fast, great attitude. What else could we ask for?

I think we will keep him for the season but WBA won't sell him. They've taken a punt on him from non-league and he's been banging them in for their U23's.

We are now a club that gets young players on loan that clubs see a future for rather than those they want rid of like years gone by.

It is early days but assuming he carries on this form, the best we can hope for is another loan next season but we probably need to be in League One for that to happen.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
denni266
October 19, 2020, 10:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Dont think there is a hope in hell of getting him here as our player. even if we went up this season..  He is clearly going places and that is up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
Ipswin
October 19, 2020, 12:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
West Brom will need him in the Championship next season

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
TownSNAFU5
October 19, 2020, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
The WBA footballfancast  says that they might have a gem in Owen Windsor,  potentially another youth player in the mould of Chris Wood, Kemar Roofe and Shane Long etc.

They expect him to benefit from a year of first team football at Grimsby.  Quoting Ollie saying that he is full of running and a fresh as a daisy.

We have as much chance of signing him as getting a new stadium this year.  (Btw, York’s new stadium was supposed to be ready 3 years ago.  They are not moving into it until next year at the earliest.  Many different problems:  now there are drainage issues not resolved).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
grimsby pete
October 19, 2020, 2:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Ollie has said he has many contacts and he has been proven right by the standard of player he has brought in.

His method of getting young and cheap players in means we can have more players to choose from, I bet three of the loans lads are costing us far less than getting an experienced player in who would demand a decent salary.

The young lads from academy football are costing us next to nothing as their  clubs are pleased they are getting league football under Ollie.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
acko338
October 19, 2020, 4:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
For the young loan players - a chance to get good regular league football that will tell parent clubs if they will progress. That's if they get stuck in and listen to sound advice from a seasoned manager.

For Town - a fiscally sound way to promote young talent amongst our own signed players. This promotes the club to bigger clubs as a solid way to bring on league untested playrrs, knowing that IH will give them opportunities, but not taking any nonsense.

Both sides benefit and we save some wages, hopefully.

For the fans - sadly by remote viewing currently, but chances to see players who want to play for their places and enhance their reputations while getting results for the club.

If it all clicks, then further up that league over the next few weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
thefish
October 19, 2020, 5:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Do we have a new wealthy backer that I haven’t heard about?

Listening to recent interviews with Phillip Day, we’d currently struggle to afford some new clobber from Wysors World of Shoes let alone buying Owen Windsor!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
supertown
October 19, 2020, 5:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Very much like Henderson , just a ‘game time and experience’ move for him. Enjoy it while we can
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
grimsby pete
October 19, 2020, 6:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Ollie is very experienced and very well known throughout football.

So clubs know if they send a young star to us to get game time they know Ollie will bring them on ,improve them and look after them so they don't break ( as Ollie would say  )

Which can only be good for us.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 19, 2020, 6:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
When i was a lad you only loaned people for one of two reasons.
1 with a view to buying
2 cover for injuries or suspensions.  Bearing in mind you got a ban for weeks rather than games.

Mind we only had one substitute so they often got game time not like today where its three out of 7 or whatever.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
jamesgtfc
October 19, 2020, 6:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from grimsby pete
Ollie is very experienced and very well known throughout football.

So clubs know if they send a young star to us to get game time they know Ollie will bring them on ,improve them and look after them so they don't break ( as Ollie would say  )

Which can only be good for us.

I know Slade predominantly signed players that were past it but our last 5 managers have given players a platform and made Grimsby a good stepping stone.

Hurst: Nolan, Bogle, Nsiala
Bignot: Gave Henderson his debut
Slade: Dembele
Jolley: Embleton, Clifton, Wright, Pollock
Holloway: Too many to count but he made a Louis Boyd break a 40 year old record!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Owen Windsor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.