3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
denni266
November 2, 2020, 6:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
My local shop will let anyone in without a mask, I was in there earlier and i counted 8 shoppers  5 not wearing masks . 2 of them got off bikes . so not realy unfit.. . shop keepers dont give a dam as its cash over the counter never mind what they may be spreading
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
Manchester Mariner
November 17, 2020, 3:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Could mean something, might mean nothing. It's anyones guess when crowds will be back.

https://news.sky.com/story/cov.....to-stadiums-12134782

Football bosses have held "positive" talks with the government about plans to get fans back into stadiums.

Culture secretary Oliver Dowden led a virtual summit over the future of English football on Tuesday, with the FA, Premier League, EFL, Kick It Out and other fan groups.

Talks are ongoing but it is understood the government will assess the situation in the run up to the end of the second England lockdown on 2 December.

Fans have been prevented from attending professional matches since March.

The one-hour talks were described as "positive" and "constructive" with football leaders pitching ideas on how they can welcome fans once again in England and reform club finances. It is hoped the talks will unify the various football bodies after weeks of strain.

English football is thought to be losing around £100m-a-month due to the coronavirus pandemic and reduced match-day revenue.

The Premier League and The English Football League (EFL) are yet to finalise a multi-million COVID-19 bailout for struggling lower-league clubs after months of talks and several proposals.

Meanwhile, the FA is searching for a new chairman after Greg Clarke was sacked for his comments about footballers from different ethnic backgrounds.

It is understood the summit also focused on other pressing issues including diversity, equality and the development of the women's game.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
ginnywings
November 17, 2020, 3:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
1 hour talks?

I'm sure they got loads done in 60 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Stadium
November 17, 2020, 4:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
From the DM:

Football fans could return to stadiums to watch matches in the Premier League and EFL in December under plans drawn up by government, Sportsmail can reveal.

Sources close to negotiations over the return of fans say officials at the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have now submitted proposals to the Cabinet Office for spectators to attend games in areas where coronavirus infection rates are low, once the second national lockdown is lifted.

Government is yet to agree the proposals, but football sources are hugely encouraged that DCMS is prepared to put the national game on a par with other activities, following months of criticism that the arts has been allowed to admit an audience, while football has not.

Under the new DCMS proposal, fans in tier 1 and 2 areas would be allowed into grounds, subject to certain conditions. However, it is unclear which grounds would fall into the lower tiers as ministers consider a new four-tier system with a different set of rules when the nationwide lockdown ends on December 2.

Football clubs and fans were infuriated and frustrated that, under the previous rules, arts-lovers could attend a concert at the Royal Albert Hall, but no one could sit outside at a football match in the country's top four divisions.

In other bizarre contradictions, fans sat in cinemas to watch matches next door to where the game was taking place and have even viewed the action on television in hospitality lounges in the same stadium.

The news will bring much-needed cheer for supporters and offer hope to cash-starved clubs, which have struggled since turnstiles were closed when the coronavirus pandemic gripped the UK in March.
And the fast-track return would be at odds with the recent experience of other European countries. In Germany, the Bundesliga allowed fans to come back only to reverse the decision in October when coronavirus infection rates increased.

And on Tuesday, the magazine, Get French Football, reported that the French  government would not allow supporters to return until January 2021 at the earliest.

The absence of fans has placed clubs under enormous financial pressure, with ten struggling to make their payroll this month and others racking up huge debts.

All events in England - including in the arts - were banned from November 5, when a second national lockdown began, but ministers hope to bring back a regional tier system after nationwide restrictions are lifted on December 2.

Ministers are considering a new tier arrangement for December, in which there could be even tougher restrictions in tier three, but activities allowed to restart in tiers one and two.

And the DCMS proposals suggest that attendance could be allowed in those areas that are ranked within the lowest two tiers. The exact system is yet to be announced.

Sketchy & surely the current rates of infections will rule out NE lincs.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
diehardmariner
November 18, 2020, 9:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Dunno about anyone else but my perception of the current lockdown is that it isn't really working.  

I don't see much difference at all.   It's not a lockdown when virtually all the shops are open, schools and colleges remain open.  Maybe a little less traffic on the roads but that's about it, not even to the levels you would get in school holidays.  

The rates won't drop whilst this is carrying on so, sadly, we can probably say goodbye to any plans for live football in this area for a bit.  Frustrating but that's the right thing to do.   I know it's safer than sitting in a pub, I know it's probably safer than going to Aldi, I know all this.  But that still doesn't mean it's the best thing to do.

Boris is determined to be the hero of Christmas and he thinks he needs that PR to win back confidence.  So you can rest assured that we'll get the green light to have a relatively restriction free Christmas, Covid is a good boy and knows if he doesn't behave for a couple of weeks he'll only get coal from Santa.  Just like Eat Out To Help Out, this will cause further spikes in the weeks after.   We'll be back in full lockdown by mid-to-late January.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
male private Nale
November 18, 2020, 12:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -806
Gold Stars: 131
Come on , if masks really stopped anything they would be stringent rules on what is acceptable and what is not. The fact people only have to cover their face is just psychological framing of the issue. It matters not what you cover your face with only that it is covered is the stance.

People walking round with face visors, scarfs, bandanas, and every other contraption are doing nothing to stop the spread of it, if a fart can get through underwear and denim jeans then face coverings do very little.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
aldi_01
November 19, 2020, 6:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be honest, my view of face masks is similar. I’m sure someone will try and prove other wise but they do seem a rather futile thing.

This lockdown is pointless, the only shut is pubs and the odd shop, and the gym. Why bother?

Will we get in football grounds any time soon? Who knows...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
diehardmariner
November 19, 2020, 9:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Any material in front of your mouth or nose will disrupt the droplets that come from sneezing, coughing or even breathing.  There's a reason why theatre staff will wear masks when operating on you, it's to limit the risk when you're open and susceptible to infection.

I'm sure the surgical masks are more effective but any material will help.  It's a barrier.  

The problem with masks is that people think it's a solution.  The mask doesn't make you immune or unable to spread the virus, it just limits the potential for spreading.   That and the fact some people are just simply thick and don't understand that having your nose hanging out the top of your mask won't work either...
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Petition to allow fans back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.