Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › YOUR Cheltenham match thread (sponsored by Dettol)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 327 Guests

YOUR Cheltenham match thread (sponsored by Dettol)

This thread currently has 21,508 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
devs
October 13, 2020, 9:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Windsor
PL finish
I think we've made huge strides in last two games
Heart
Spirit
Better stamina
Very solid at back
They had lots of possession but hardly any chances

Clifton was great - vital we have a grafter in midfield

Lots of options

I think the squad shaping up nicely

Ollie done all of this before
Built promotion winning teams
Great balance in squad

I'm confident...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 152
devs
October 13, 2020, 9:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Gibson is making a step up and doesn’t look out of place. I think his hold up and link up play is really good at times. He will come good and add goals too. No one from tonight deserves anything other than praise.

Spot on
Big step up
Was it Halesowen?
I've forgotten

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 152
Rodley Mariner
October 13, 2020, 9:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I wonder if Olly has been a bit cute with the talk of how desperately fitness has detiorated during the fortnight off. We look a million miles ahead of where we were against Walsall to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 152
lee65
October 13, 2020, 9:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
I think it’s obvious all of our squad are prepared to work hard, and they all look like they care about putting a shift in.
Good to have numbers in depth with a high degree of changeability across the squad.

Really enjoyable watch tonight, no bad performances, and great to see us being so positive;

Macca - under intense pressure from crosses and long throws but never shirked a challenge even though he was being mauled on many occasions! Unreal save at 2-1

Hendrie - another great showing, with experience and positivity as well as a calm head

Preston - full of energy all game, this guy could have a big future

Waterfall - excellent leadership and commitment, yes their first goal was a blip but don’t think anyone told him he had a “man on”

Pollock - another great game and kept going despite cramp for about the last 20 mins

Ohman - gives you a heart attack when he goes to ground in the box!, but timed challenges well today and won lots in the air

Tilley - best game in a Town shirt, confident and threatening with his direct running in the first half

Clifton - so full or energy, a real box to box performance (Cunnington impressed)

Morton - grew in to the game, kept the ball well in the latter stages, could be a real asset after a few more games

Edwards - MOM (though not really fair to single just one out), totally unplayable at times, great goal and amazing levels of stamina

Gibson - ok, so he missed some sitters, but I like the look of this guy, I think I get why Ollie gave him a 3 year deal

Subs:

Idehen - another great prospect, a couple of hairy moments, but stood up to the late barrage

Windsor - shows some quality touches, gets stuck in with great energy, really pleased for him getting a goal

Hanson - showed what he brings to the Team, he gave us an “out” ball, and occupied multiple defenders leaving space for others

#UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 152
Croxton
October 13, 2020, 9:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Lovely moment when Hanson was shuffling back onside, blowing out of his bottom, as Windsor steamed in for a great finish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 152
fiveallive
October 13, 2020, 10:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Great performance by town you feel Holloway making strides with the team, Gibson I hope he comes good but at the moment he's not good enough some of the chances he missed very poor.

I thought Clifton was excellent, Morton he's good passer off the ball and keeps things ticking over,  Edwards was 10 out of 10 fantastic performance, best performance from Tilley. Pollock very solid, Mckeown and Waterfall made a bit of a mess up for there goal, but Macca made some great saves.

Windsor came on very good finish.

Grimsby should of been out of site.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 152
Abdul19
October 13, 2020, 10:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Croxton
Lovely moment when Hanson was shuffling back onside, blowing out of his bottom, as Windsor steamed in for a great finish.

After 10 minutes?!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 152
devs
October 13, 2020, 10:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
any link to Ollie's interview please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 152
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 13, 2020, 10:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Haven’t seen the game as went to watch Lincoln United but in relation to the comments on Gibson I would add that it’s great to have a front player who is in a position to score 3 or 4 goals in an away match. Have to be there to miss em as they say and I agree with the earlier comparison with Hearn’s early career with town in that other parts of his game are good and perhaps once he nets a couple he will be up and away.

Seems once everyone is fit we have a lot of different options and was that the smallest front three we’ve ever turned out?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 152
mimma
October 14, 2020, 1:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
In the last few years, under Slade, Bignot, and Jolley, when was the last time we had a front three? Leaving someone up when they have a corner?? What is Holloway thinking? Doesn't he know the stats of defending corners?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › YOUR Cheltenham match thread (sponsored by Dettol)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.