jamesgtfc
October 23, 2020, 8:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from KingstonMariner
A mate told me yesterday that Corinthian Casuals are getting 400 (in a ground with only 161 seats and a maximum capacity of c 2000. I think in normal seasons they get around 200 - clearly followers of other clubs missing their fix.

It must be harder to ensure social distancing with 20% in an unseated ground than it is to do it in a fully seated ground. Especially as the Casuals’ ground has no terracing on two sides.

If you want to distance you can in the seats at most of these grounds but the rest of the capacity is people standing shoulder to shoulder around the perimeter.

Whenever you say it's safer higher up the leagues though, you get shot down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
mimma
October 23, 2020, 8:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
This is what happens when the elite from Eton form a government.  They have no idea of what goes on in the real world,  make rash assessments of how we all behave, based on a few clips on the news.
As has been said, Bristol City fans can watch their game inside the bars at Ashton Gate, but can't sit a few feet away outside and watch it live, bonkers!
Let the fans back, make them wear masks, no mask, no entry. There are enough stewards to enforce this, since there are no away fans. It got to be safer than what's happening in Bristol surely?
What sort of education do you get at Eton FFS?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Stadium
October 23, 2020, 9:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from mimma
This is what happens when the elite from Eton form a government.  They have no idea of what goes on in the real world,  make rash assessments of how we all behave, based on a few clips on the news.
As has been said, Bristol City fans can watch their game inside the bars at Ashton Gate, but can't sit a few feet away outside and watch it live, bonkers!
Let the fans back, make them wear masks, no mask, no entry. There are enough stewards to enforce this, since there are no away fans. It got to be safer than what's happening in Bristol surely?
What sort of education do you get at Eton FFS?

As you can at Blundell Park.

https://twitter.com/MarinersTrust/status/1319325406764453890

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
ginnywings
October 23, 2020, 9:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
As long as the curtains are drawn and you can't see the pitch. Fecking crazy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
KingstonMariner
October 23, 2020, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If anyone came up with a conspiracy to make people watch football on telly, they couldn't do better than come up with this nonsense. It's like a science-fiction parody. You can watch what's going on a few metres from you but you can't look at it directly. You must wear Dr Faustus' Virtual Reality Spex if you want to see your family.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
Stadium
October 24, 2020, 9:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
While the dopey duo of local MP's hand the PM a shirt & achieve absolutely nothing.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
golfer
October 24, 2020, 1:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from pen penfras

It's not about being tarred with the same brush, it's more they can't separate the idiots from the herd and only let sensible people in. And a small, but not insignificant percentage of football fans do have a habit of regularly making mammaries out of themselves.

Maybe if we promised Boris that we would form a vigilante group armed with "Tazers" to spifflicate the houligans he would allow us back. We could also take them with us to away matches.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
KingstonMariner
November 2, 2020, 3:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer

Maybe if we promised Boris that we would form a vigilante group armed with "Tazers" to spifflicate the houligans he would allow us back. We could also take them with us to away matches.

He’d agree to that! And totally ignore whatever the Home Office told him about the use of equipment for crowd control. That’s how we ended up with those water cannon costing us millions from Germany that Teresa May told him he couldn’t have. I think they were sold as scrap in the end. Another little legacy of Boris’ time as Mayor of London.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Welwynmariner
November 2, 2020, 7:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner
A mate told me yesterday that Corinthian Casuals are getting 400 (in a ground with only 161 seats and a maximum capacity of c 2000. I think in normal seasons they get around 200 - clearly followers of other clubs missing their fix.

It must be harder to ensure social distancing with 20% in an unseated ground than it is to do it in a fully seated ground. Especially as the Casuals’ ground has no terracing on two sides.

Sides at that level can have 30% of their capacity in the ground. They got 600 against Leatherhead a week or so back, but it's a local derby. Anyway, now it's all ended.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This is outrageous

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.