Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
October 14, 2020, 3:37pm
Guest User
Stockpiling really gets my goat.  The 95 year old widower that lives 2 doors down from me had 17 bottles of milk on her doorstep this morning.....selfish cow.
Reply: 12 - 38
ginnywings
October 14, 2020, 3:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Politicians have been heard to say that "it is the behaviour of football fans outside of stadiums that is the issue". Once again, all football fans getting tarred with the same brush. We are just scumbags to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
pen penfras
October 14, 2020, 4:10pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ginnywings
Politicians have been heard to say that "it is the behaviour of football fans outside of stadiums that is the issue". Once again, all football fans getting tarred with the same brush. We are just scumbags to them.

It's not about being tarred with the same brush, it's more they can't separate the idiots from the herd and only let sensible people in. And a small, but not insignificant percentage of football fans do have a habit of regularly making mammaries out of themselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
ginnywings
October 14, 2020, 4:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from pen penfras

It's not about being tarred with the same brush, it's more they can't separate the idiots from the herd and only let sensible people in. And a small, but not insignificant percentage of football fans do have a habit of regularly making mammaries out of themselves.

Which happens in all walks of life, so why single out football fans? Go out in any town or city at the weekend and there are people flouting the rules everywhere. Just walk along the sea front and there's not much social distancing going on. It's just a lame excuse.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
pen penfras
October 14, 2020, 6:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ginnywings

Which happens in all walks of life, so why single out football fans? Go out in any town or city at the weekend and there are people flouting the rules everywhere. Just walk along the sea front and there's not much social distancing going on. It's just a lame excuse.

I don't think it's singling out football fans per se.

- Football is a much smaller part of the economy than the hospitality sector, so it's more important for that to open up first.
- The largest part of footballing income is from tv deals, not the fans. The government only allowed the premier league to restart on the basis that they would help the EFL get through this.
- Every football fan can still watch their games remotely. Hospitality can't operate this way

From their point of view, I can see why adding more risk when viable alternatives exist isn't something they want to do. Not that I agree with it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
ginnywings
October 14, 2020, 6:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
But it makes no sense given what you can do in indoor settings elsewhere, not to mention the 1.5 billion given to the arts. More people go to football than the theatre. You either exclude everybody from any form of gathering, or you don't. There are too many anomalies that cause confusion and division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
KingstonMariner
October 14, 2020, 10:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Agreed Ginny. I’m not sure whether Football fans should be allowed back into grounds, but what gets my host is the inconsistency. As ever, we are not all in it together.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
ROKERITE
October 15, 2020, 9:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ginnywings

I agree with you. I find the refusal to allow limited numbers into football grounds indefensible. 300 have been allowed at matches below tier six. There were test events a few weeks ago with 1,000 at various stadiums including Carrow Road. Belgium had 11,000 in a 50,000 capacity stadium last week. Has any data come out to show any of these events causing a spike locally? If not then why is the blanket ban on spectators continuing?
A thousand spectators in Blundell Park is surely worth trialling as soon as possible, then take it from there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This is outrageous

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.