Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Latest Philip Day interview on Humberside
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Latest Philip Day interview on Humberside

This thread currently has 1,832 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
September 22, 2020, 11:45pm

Posts Per Day: 2.83
Rep Score: +20 / -7
Approval: +10,154

Sorry if it's already been posted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08s70cc

Will delete if so.

Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no-one can imagine
Alan Turing
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
September 23, 2020, 12:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.63
Rep Score: +25 / -21
Approval: +7,828
First interview I have listened to with Mr Day.

I thought he comes over really well.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
salfordmariner
September 23, 2020, 4:02am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +522
Got given the board massive praise for having cash reserves.......

Didn’t understand the players agreed  25 percent off wage though.

I thought this was until fans Came back and not until they started training again. Surely that was what furlough was for.

Also, if no one is on reduced salary anymore since they started training - why has limbrick been essentially let go for refusing to take a pay cut ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2020, 7:14am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +909
Quoted from salfordmariner
Got given the board massive praise for having cash reserves.......

Didn’t understand the players agreed  25 percent off wage though.

I thought this was until fans Came back and not until they started training again. Surely that was what furlough was for.

Also, if no one is on reduced salary anymore since they started training - why has limbrick been essentially let go for refusing to take a pay cut ?

Furlough only covered 80% of a £30,000 per annum salary. So £2,500 per calendar month or £577 per week.

Obviously our senior players are on considerably more than that a week. I was told James Hanson was given £1,800 a week when he signed. James McKeown threw his toys out of the pram and was given the same. Even a voluntary 25% pay cut leaves them on £1,350 a week. Town would have to top up the difference and pay the 20% of the £577 portion not covered by the furlough scheme. So the club were still paying them around £900 a week when they were furloughed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
salfordmariner
September 23, 2020, 7:23am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +522
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Furlough only covered 80% of a £30,000 per annum salary. So £2,500 per calendar month or £577 per week.

Obviously our senior players are on considerably more than that a week. I was told James Hanson was given £1,800 a week when he signed. James McKeown threw his toys out of the pram and was given the same. Even a voluntary 25% pay cut leaves them on £1,350 a week. Town would have to top up the difference and pay the 20% of the £577 portion not covered by the furlough scheme. So the club were still paying them around £900 a week when they were furloughed.

Nice one. 👍

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
GrimRob
September 23, 2020, 7:42am

Posts Per Day: 2.26
Rep Score: +74 / -34
Approval: +8,460
We really need Billy Bunter's postal order

Used to love those books from the Grimsby children's library!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 5 - 13
Davec
September 23, 2020, 8:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.33
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: +164
Holloway said a few weeks ago that the players initially agreed to take a 25% pay cut until crowds were allowed in but the players then contacted the PFA when they started training to get back on full pay.

The coaching staff are all still on 25% pay cuts and Limbrick couldn't afford to have the pay cut for much longer.

Source: Ian Holloway in a pre or post match interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Sir Matt Tease
September 23, 2020, 8:25am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +177
Quoted from GrimRob
We really need Billy Bunter's postal order

Used to love those books from the Grimsby children's library!

You would not be able to read this book today....................Fat Shaming !  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
KingstonMariner
September 23, 2020, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.81
Rep Score: +37 / -7
Approval: +14,671
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

You would not be able to read this book today....................Fat Shaming !  

It wouldn’t make sense as a book these days. The fat kid at school was the odd one out. These days it’s the norm. The area near the goal post in games lessons must be crowded nowadays.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Sir Matt Tease
September 23, 2020, 1:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +177
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It wouldn’t make sense as a book these days. The fat kid at school was the odd one out. These days it’s the norm. The area near the goal post in games lessons must be crowded nowadays.

I think its the norm as physical exercise is not a requirement in all schools nowadays, god forbid some of the little darlings might break into a sweat !  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Latest Philip Day interview on Humberside

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.