mimma
September 17, 2020, 12:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,566
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from ska face

That’s not exactly true is it? The tax bill was covered by a £600k loan from Fenty’s Five Star Fish, which was transferred to him when he sold the company.

How that spiralled into a debt of £3.5m(?) is fairly well covered.

Don't know where you get your figures from. What I have stated was widely reported in the press at the time.
As far as I am aware the only loans are from Fenty himself and nothing to do with his companies.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 80
monkeyboy
September 17, 2020, 1:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Would imagine we may have been in even bigger trouble had we built the new ground but not able to use it how they intended to, i mean there would have been no conferences or footfall whatsoever but with another debt from a newly built ground to pay for.
At least with a clapped out Blundel park its mostly payed for albeit falling apart.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 80
promotion plaice
September 18, 2020, 10:36am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194
Quoted from Withnail
Meanwhile Gareth Bale is on £600k a week and spends most weekends on the golf course.

Looks like he's off to Spurs on loan if the reports are correct.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 80
Ipswin
September 18, 2020, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I feel for Macclesfield despite the way they have treated players and fans alike.

HMRC threaten to wind up 5 or 6 clubs a season but in 99% of cases the clubs get more time, proceedings are put on hold and someone comes up with the cash so HMRC rarely follow it through to the ultimate conclusion.

Bury and Macclesfield are small fry whilst 'bigger' clubs have managed to avoid winding up orders

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 80
pen penfras
September 18, 2020, 10:51am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Ipswin
I feel for Macclesfield despite the way they have treated players and fans alike.

HMRC threaten to wind up 5 or 6 clubs a season but in 99% of cases the clubs get more time, proceedings are put on hold and someone comes up with the cash so HMRC rarely follow it through to the ultimate conclusion.

Bury and Macclesfield are small fry whilst 'bigger' clubs have managed to avoid winding up orders

Both of those clubs dodged the bullet several times before actually getting wound up. I think Macclesfield have had 6 extension and were asking for another. They both had lots of opportunity to sort out a new owner if that was really the intention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 80
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 18, 2020, 10:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,243
Gold Stars: 295
Quoted from Ipswin

Macc have had a number of extensions (I can't recall how many) and the owner was asking for another, it appears that HMRC ran out of patience with him. Everyone there has been let down by the owner.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 80
psgmariner
September 24, 2020, 9:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 80
Abdul19
September 24, 2020, 9:29am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,531
Gold Stars: 215
I can afford the rent

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 80
arryarryarry
September 24, 2020, 12:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Ipswin

There were two other major creditors both owed over £170,000 each,  one of them being the former manager John Askey.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 80
pen penfras
September 24, 2020, 12:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 71
If their debts were £500k and the ground is sold for £750k, where does the extra money go?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macclesfield wound-up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.