KingstonMariner
September 16, 2020, 9:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

Aren't our debts bigger than what Macclesfield owe?

So is the UK’s debt. The important thing is whether the debt can be serviced.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 80
arryarryarry
September 16, 2020, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Heisenberg

The way I see it is this; the club only owes money to one person.  That person owns the club, so we're debt free.  

That's also why we'll never have another leader, as nobody is willing to pay him all his investment back after nearly 2 decades of decline.

I thought it was a repayable loan and if so is a debt?
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 80
Southwark Mariner
September 17, 2020, 12:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
I wonder how many managers were straight on the phone to the Macc players offering them a contract?

Im no expert. Were there any decent players who played for Macc?

I reckon actual value will be in the coaching staff
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 80
mimma
September 17, 2020, 12:38am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
It's usually the taxman that files for bankruptcy. If you owe him money, he will come after you. After the collapse of ITV Digital, we couldn't pay our PAYE bill. We managed to secure a deal whereby we payed the bill over a number of years.Of course servicing this debt impacted on the playing budgit during this time, and we ended up in non-league.

You can have loans up to your eyeballs, no problem. But, if the creditors decide they want it all back, and you cannot pay it back, that is when you are in big trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 80
aldi_01
September 17, 2020, 6:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Simply because Macclesfield have done bust does not mean praise should be heaped on people like Fenty. They’re very different scenarios.

As with Bury, creditors, tax man among others wanted their money back. The owner at Macclesfield and Bury almost behaved like crooks. Both were ongoing, long term problems that were unlikely to have a positive outcome...which statistically is rare, normally in football someone does come in and make the purchase.

Equally, whilst nosy disagrees with the sums of cash and everyone recognises the disparity in wages and so forth, it isn’t for EFL clubs to look to the premier league every time, nor the fans to claim some moral high ground and demand that because Aguero earns 300k therefore they can afford to bail out clubs like Macclesfield. Long term that would likely see the definitive adoption of B teams and clubs, as well as young players being swallowed up and genuinely at the mercy of the top flight.

It’s a sad day, and whilst I would never wish it to happen to another club, I still wish Stevenage went down...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 80
rancido
September 17, 2020, 9:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from aldi_01
Simply because Macclesfield have done bust does not mean praise should be heaped on people like Fenty. They’re very different scenarios.

As with Bury, creditors, tax man among others wanted their money back. The owner at Macclesfield and Bury almost behaved like crooks. Both were ongoing, long term problems that were unlikely to have a positive outcome...which statistically is rare, normally in football someone does come in and make the purchase.

Equally, whilst nosy disagrees with the sums of cash and everyone recognises the disparity in wages and so forth, it isn’t for EFL clubs to look to the premier league every time, nor the fans to claim some moral high ground and demand that because Aguero earns 300k therefore they can afford to bail out clubs like Macclesfield. Long term that would likely see the definitive adoption of B teams and clubs, as well as young players being swallowed up and genuinely at the mercy of the top flight.

It’s a sad day, and whilst I would never wish it to happen to another club, I still wish Stevenage went down...

I don't think it's a case of heaping praise on JF. It's more like it's a good job he hasn't behaved like some other owners/creditors who wanted their loans back to the detriment of the club. A previous grocery owning former chairman springs to mind!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 80
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 17, 2020, 9:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from rancido

I don't think it's a case of heaping praise on JF. It's more like it's a good job he hasn't behaved like some other owners/creditors who wanted their loans back to the detriment of the club. A previous grocery owning former chairman springs to mind!

Dave Safeway or Tommy Tates

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 80
ska face
September 17, 2020, 10:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from mimma
It's usually the taxman that files for bankruptcy. If you owe him money, he will come after you. After the collapse of ITV Digital, we couldn't pay our PAYE bill. We managed to secure a deal whereby we payed the bill over a number of years.Of course servicing this debt impacted on the playing budgit during this time, and we ended up in non-league.

That’s not exactly true is it? The tax bill was covered by a £600k loan from Fenty’s Five Star Fish, which was transferred to him when he sold the company.

How that spiralled into a debt of £3.5m(?) is fairly well covered.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 80
arryarryarry
September 17, 2020, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner

So is the UK’s debt. The important thing is whether the debt can be serviced.

The UK debt could be reduced by much lower spending and higher taxes.

Who will service the clubs debt if JF at some point demands his money back.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 80
Heisenberg
September 17, 2020, 12:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,808
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from arryarryarry

The UK debt could be reduced by much lower spending and higher taxes.

Who will service the clubs debt if JF at some point demands his money back.

Demands it from who?  Himself?

He's been getting his money back anyway, slowly but surely, although admittedly this season will see the opposite happen as there will be no excess left over.

Fenty has three options; demand his money back (effectively winding the club up and losing his investment), stay for the long haul and chip away at the money he sees as debt to him, or sell.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macclesfield wound-up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.