GollyGTFC
September 18, 2020, 6:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I can’t see any advantage to letting any fans in grounds at the moment. If anything it’s a disadvantage due to cost , the hassle of track and trace , the repercussions if any of the 1000 fans come down with Covid after the game etc etc etc . If we can’t meet more than 6 people socially outside a ground I can’t see the logic in letting 1000 fans into a game .

It’s not the same at all. There will be groups (probably now restricted to 6) socially distancing from other groups in an outdoor football stadium. It’s not 1,000 (or 2,200) fans crammed together in one stand.

The truth is it’s ridiculous that indoor venues such as pubs and restaurants where you can’t practically wear a mask have been reopened for ages and sports venues where people can wear a mask if they choose have had to remain closed.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 14
Stadium
September 18, 2020, 11:01am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It’s not the same at all. There will be groups (probably now restricted to 6) socially distancing from other groups in an outdoor football stadium. It’s not 1,000 (or 2,200) fans crammed together in one stand.

The truth is it’s ridiculous that indoor venues such as pubs and restaurants where you can’t practically wear a mask have been reopened for ages and sports venues where people can wear a mask if they choose have had to remain closed.

It's quite simple why they were opened.
Clue is the "economy"

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
Sigone
September 19, 2020, 1:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Just seen the team run out at Carlisle with a crowd, I guess mask wearing was not mandatory...foolish I.m.o
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
Henryscat
September 19, 2020, 1:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Sigone
Just seen the team run out at Carlisle with a crowd, I guess mask wearing was not mandatory...foolish I.m.o

It’s Cumbria, same family bubble

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Hagrid
September 19, 2020, 1:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 529
Hope its us in that position in 2 weeks but cant see it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1000 fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.