Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Around 1200 apparently...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 268 Guests

Around 1200 apparently...

This thread currently has 9,778 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
September 25, 2020, 4:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,429
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from pen penfras

£10 is a lot of money for what you get with other products eg Sky or Netflix, but it's such a niche product that investment isn't worth it. Colchester came out and said they made about £8k from playing Bolton. The number of viewers won't really increase from multiple angles and analysis, but the cost will go up massively.

That's all assuming any of that is even possible with the current ifollow system.

We definitely need to embrace digital formats and advertise the ifollow games, but more features is taking money out of a pot that's already empty

I can't help but think that the club would be a lot better off doing this 'in-house'.  There's quite a decent media set-up at Grimsby Institute, surely it would be better linking in with them to provide this (no doubt could be done relatively cheap as predominantly it's work experience for people).  I confess, I've no idea of the contract terms that we're tied into with IFollow.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
aldi_01
September 26, 2020, 8:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don’t think the media set up at the college is the issue, rather the ownership of rights and so forth to actually broadcast.

I’m not sure anyone is savvy enough at the club to figure these sorts of things out. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, we should be throwing everything behind this platform for the foreseeable. Actually promoting it, incentives, reminding folk and so on. So far there’s been very little which is hardly productive.

On a personal level I think iFollow is awful but it was never really designed for every fan, only small numbers, now it’s every man and his dog using it.

Today’s game is off, my understanding is that we’ve decided against testing people and are just going to quarantine (this in its self seems an odd decision...unless we’re just gonna use it to get fitter, although training will be impacted) so I come streams will be down further.

I appreciate we’d have made about £8 for the checkatrade game but a home game next weekend would’ve generated some much needed income and so would today’s...I just hope we begin to throw our weight behind iFollow and realise the level of it’s importance this season.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Around 1200 apparently...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.