Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Around 1200 apparently...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 213 Guests

Around 1200 apparently...

This thread currently has 9,776 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
September 17, 2020, 12:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
I went to BP today and collected my code. I was told that we have sold 1300 ST's thus far. If, after the trial this w/end, grounds can open to the public as per reduced capacity ie 2000 for town, then all ST applicants will have access. However if we are limited to 1000, as the trial, then there will be a ballot to see who, out of the 1300 applicants, gets one of the 1000 allocated seats. Those who miss out on the ballot will get a refund. But if the season commences and then there is another lockdown in a few weeks time then no refunds will be given. This was all explained to me by one of the staff.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
Croxton
September 17, 2020, 1:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
You can argue that a ballot is 'fair' because everyone has the same chance in theory but it cuts across any 'Fans For The Future' initiative and the notion of applying in bubbles. It's attractive too because no one has to decide who deserves a ticket more than anyone else. I get that, but as a single exile, I would happily give up my ticket to enable any bubble with kids in it to get one automatically.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
LH
September 17, 2020, 2:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
It’d make sense to give people who lived locally priority in a ballot situation as if Town are allowed games on then it is safe locally but maybe not safe from where exiles are travelling in from.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
aldi_01
September 18, 2020, 6:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I was more miffed about the fact the code for iFollow was simply a thin piece of paper that has a code on it. No attempt to laminate, put my name on it, some basic instructions or even the club badge...That really isn’t hard or time consuming to do either.

I never thought we’d sell anywhere near the 2200 but 1300 is lower than I thought...I’m assuming there’s multiple reasons for this.

The ticket office were great last week but it certainly implied that whilst those guys are working hard and on the receiving end of some unhappy folk, they weren’t involved or considered when the plans were being drawn up...

Time will tell as to whether my ticket will be of any actual use.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 18, 2020, 8:51am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,649
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from pontoonlew

Which is fair enough but at some point you need to accept that the world needs to start again.

Given that cases in France are going up and deaths aren’t (like many other places in Europe including the UK) there’s a strong argument we follow suit.

Watched a bit of question time last night and current stats are showing the 0.4% of people catching the virus now are dying compared to 18% at its peak and evidently these figures are reflected in Spain and France which may help explain their new approach. The guy presenting these figures offered up 6 reasons as explanation I.e. most of the real vulnerable in the population have already died, many more younger people are now getting tested and virus affects them less etc. Cannot remember them all be advocated scientific research should be urgently focussed on clarifying if the virus is now a much weaker strain in which case the French approach is fully understandable and we should be doing the same and getting back to normality ASAP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
Stadium
September 18, 2020, 1:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
September 25, 2020, 3:41pm
Guest User
Anyone know if we’ll be allocated a seat, been 2 weeks since I paid for my season ticket and not had any confirmation yet; also, do we still have to contact the club to get a match pass for the live stream?  The stream is ok but not happy paying £400 to listen to Radio Humberside and flashes to Burnsie masturbating over the mud rats.

Let’s face it we are unlikely to get into Blundell Park until next Spring and I hope the magic money tree falls on us and we can invest in TV video/camera equipment for better coverage. Technology should help take us forward not restrict us to one camcorder on the rusting gantry in the Upper Findus.

UTM
Reply: 36 - 41
ginnywings
September 25, 2020, 3:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 28195
Anyone know if we’ll be allocated a seat, been 2 weeks since I paid for my season ticket and not had any confirmation yet; also, do we still have to contact the club to get a match pass for the live stream?  The stream is ok but not happy paying £400 to listen to Radio Humberside and flashes to Burnsie masturbating over the mud rats.

Let’s face it we are unlikely to get into Blundell Park until next Spring and I hope the magic money tree falls on us and we can invest in TV video/camera equipment for better coverage. Technology should help take us forward not restrict us to one camcorder on the rusting gantry in the Upper Findus.

UTM

Does your ST cover away games on iFollow? Thought it was only home games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
pen penfras
September 25, 2020, 4:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 28195

UTM

£10 is a lot of money for what you get with other products eg Sky or Netflix, but it's such a niche product that investment isn't worth it. Colchester came out and said they made about £8k from playing Bolton. The number of viewers won't really increase from multiple angles and analysis, but the cost will go up massively.

That's all assuming any of that is even possible with the current ifollow system.

We definitely need to embrace digital formats and advertise the ifollow games, but more features is taking money out of a pot that's already empty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
diehardmariner
September 25, 2020, 4:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,413
Gold Stars: 532
Home games only.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Around 1200 apparently...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.