Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Around 1200 apparently...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 139 Guests

Around 1200 apparently...

This thread currently has 9,765 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
September 14, 2020, 11:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
France have gone for the "f@ck it" approach and are allowing fans back in and their PM has said it's time to get back to some level of normality, allow people to live their lives and accept we have to live with this virus for the foreseeable future, meanwhile, back across the English channel.......

I know what you mean but anybody that has lost a loved, especially if it was prematurely, will see things differently.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
Poojah
September 14, 2020, 11:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,393
Gold Stars: 1,497
Quoted from Abdul19

Yep, the idea that reduced, socially distanced crowds will reduce any negative vibe towards the players is a bit naive for me - if anything it'll just make the dickheads worse. I guarantee that whenever we're finally allowed back into Blundell Park, as soon as things aren't going well there'll be someone shouting something along the lines of "Don't you realise I'm risking my f**king like to come and watch you, you c**t?". It's always a tiny minority, but it winds me up nonetheless.

Not that I'm condoning players jumping into the stands to offer out fans by the way; I'm just not sure I'd have the temperament to put up with the constant bemoaning and abuse that players get. That said, I've been with the missus for 17 years now and that's pretty much been the condition of the relationship for 16 of them and I'm yet to resort to domestic violence, so you never know...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
aldi_01
September 15, 2020, 6:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Assuming stadiums open, naturally abuse from the crowd will return. Players going in to the crowd though seems a tad ridiculous. In reality, the only difference is, as it was in non league, players will probably be able to identify the person that over steps the mark...other than that, for some clubs I’d expect the attendances to be similar to their normal gates.

Assuming we have only sold 1500 or so, have any other clubs seen a dramatic drop or poor uptake in STs? I’m not really sure on other clubs average ST sales so curious to see if the mood is similar across the country.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
vernontown
September 15, 2020, 9:26pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
When will people hear about their season tickets?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
HertsGTFC
September 15, 2020, 9:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,888
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from vernontown
When will people hear about their season tickets?

Had a message from the Trust saying there won’t be a ballot and the club will announce the details tomorrow.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
GYinScuntland
September 16, 2020, 7:10am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,235
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Abdul19

Nur der HSV 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
Chrisblor
September 16, 2020, 12:22pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,746
Gold Stars: 232
Has anyone who applied to renew their season ticket heard anything from the club on that front yet? I'm a bit perplexed cos I've heard nowt but they've just stuck a message on social media telling season ticket holders to visit the club shop or e-mail them to get an iFollow pass for the game on Saturday. I don't understand why they can't just email all successful season ticket holders with confirmation of the renewal along with the Salford iFollow code? If my season ticket has been successfully renewed then why do I need to contact them again myself or go in to the club shop to get the iFollow pass!?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
Trickytrev
September 16, 2020, 1:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +117
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
pontoonlew
September 16, 2020, 1:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from rancido

I know what you mean but anybody that has lost a loved, especially if it was prematurely, will see things differently.

Which is fair enough but at some point you need to accept that the world needs to start again.

Given that cases in France are going up and deaths aren’t (like many other places in Europe including the UK) there’s a strong argument we follow suit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
Croxton
September 16, 2020, 1:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,003
Gold Stars: 32
I've just emailed iFollowgtfc for the Salford match code as per instructions. They stress redeeming the code well before Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Around 1200 apparently...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.