Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Film Club
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Film Club

This thread currently has 20,558 views. Print
45 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
September 12, 2020, 8:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,074
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from cmackenzie4
[quote=140682]

Me too! I don’t like horror movies and never have, I saw Halloween when I was a kid and that terrified me, I had to sleep with the lights on and check under the bed that night 😉, I just don’t get seeing people getting hacked up as entertainment (maybe I’m big girls blouse deep down)  seriously though give me a good comedy any day of the week.

What are your favourite comedies then mate?

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 447
cmackenzie4
September 12, 2020, 8:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Maybe showing my age here..😉

Films

On the buses
Mutiny on the buses
Holiday on the buses
Nuts in May
Airplane
Naked Gun
The Money pit

Box sets

Only Fools and horses
Fawlty towers
The Royle Family
Rising damp

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 447
Sandford1981
September 13, 2020, 8:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Maybe showing my age here..😉

Films

On the buses
Mutiny on the buses
Holiday on the buses
Nuts in May
Airplane
Naked Gun
The Money pit

Box sets

Only Fools and horses
Fawlty towers
The Royle Family
Rising damp

Airplane and Naked gun are all time classics!
Leslie Nielsen had unbelievable comic timing and presence, he’d have me in stitches with his delivery and sometimes just looking at him, brilliant.

The Royle family is in my all time favourites, absolutely no doubt about it. Did you ever watch Early Doors?

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 447
cmackenzie4
September 13, 2020, 12:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Yes I liked early days mate, very funny indeed.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 447
Sandford1981
September 13, 2020, 1:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Yes I liked early days mate, very funny indeed.

I liked it more than the Royle Family to be honest which is high praise really. Went and saw the live show at Hull and it was an amazing night out for me and Mrs Sandford.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 447
Sandford1981
September 15, 2020, 12:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Official Secrets

The true story of a British whistleblower who leaked information to the press about an illegal NSA spy operation designed to push the UN Security Council into sanctioning the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

7/10

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 447
Rick12
September 15, 2020, 4:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Sandford1981
Official Secrets

The true story of a British whistleblower who leaked information to the press about an illegal NSA spy operation designed to push the UN Security Council into sanctioning the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

7/10
Ive seen something similar .Green zone (released 2010) where the US army were looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq . Decent . 7/10

A film that I saw recently (see a few during the week eg around 4   was the 12th man(released 2017) .True story about 12 Norwegian saboteurs who were on a mission to destroy Nazi operations . Engrossing and quite harrowing . 7.6/10

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 447
Sandford1981
September 15, 2020, 5:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Ive seen something similar .Green zone (2010) where the US army were looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq . Decent . 7/10

A film that I saw recently (see a few during the week eg around 4   was the 12th man.True story about 12 Norwegian saboteurs who were on a mission to destroy Nazi operations . Engrossing and quite harrowing . 7.6/10

I rewatched green zone recently and it’s decent enough but a very different film to official secrets.

I like the sound of the 12th man and will add it to the watch list! Cheers

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 447
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2020, 9:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rick12
Thing is Codcheeky Jesus was a historical figure that most serious historians agree existed.Whether he rose from the dead after 3 days is a question of faith but Ive seen first hand how it can heal people that have come from tough criminal backgrounds and turned their lives around for the better.Hence one lad I knew who was a tough Irish gypsy who was forever getting into fights in pubs,engaged in other criminal activity  been in prison etc said that no psychotherapist healed him.All were  rubbish in his view.The only one that healed him was faith in Jesus and a great Catholic priest which I also had the privilege of meeting.Again there are similar stories from countless others.

As for Jesus my view on him is he was a radical Jew that tried to do something good in the society he lived in at the time.As for his death and resurrection  thats a question of faith .I believe at the time some disciples may have truly felt they experienced visions of his resurrection whilst others may have experienced his resurrection as a sort of spiritual feeling which was embellished by later man .Hence felt his presence.I tend to side the with the latter.

All what the Catholic church stands for is a direct link back to Jesus apostles.I admit throughout history the church has done bad but this is mans will not that of Jesus which Pope Francis has alluded to.Hence he acknowledges things have to be  improved .Overall though I think the church has done more good than bad though.

I’m not disagreeing about the positive aspects of religion/some religious people, but which serious historians agree Jesus Christ existed? Bearing in mind proper historians base what they write on critically appraised written evidence.....

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 447
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2020, 9:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Dragging myself back to the original question. The last film I saw was Green Zone. Decent watch. Serious background. Key point for me was when the interpreter shot the Ba’athist general that the American hero was trying to save (for seemingly good reasons). When the hero challenged him he said ‘it’s not for you to decide’.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 447
45 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Film Club

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.