11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
September 9, 2020, 2:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,064
Gold Stars: 518
Thought the system definitely exposed young Hope and Starbuck in the early stages.  Very bold to expect two young lads to play as wingbacks against a side with an embedded 4-4-2 and attacking full-backs.  Hope especially was singled out by Harrogate but he adapted well and put in a solid display.

Idehen was quality at the back.  Mentioned before he reminds me of Simon Ford (when he first broke through, not when he went backwards or when he returned in his second spell to barely feature).  Last season when I saw him in the reserves he was excellent one minute and then all over the place next, last night he looked to have ironed that side of his game out.  Just consistently solid and didn't the experienced Harrogate attack an inch.  Very encouraging.

Really liked the look of both Taylor and Spokes in midfield.  I like the fact that we're bringing in lads with a bit of a physical presence about them too.  We won more headers in midfield last night than we have for a long time.  Both look like they can play a bit too.

Up top both Gibson and Edwards are going to cause problems because they're unpredictable.  At times it was like having Darren Mansaram partnering Darren Mansaram up there.  Sometimes the ball stuck and they were able to turn and run at teams, sometimes they would pull of a great piece of skill, sometimes they would fall over their own feet.  I think it's important to remember how raw a lot of our attacking options are, but the one we thing we've got now is three things that defenders at any level hate; pace, power and movement.

Very, very encouraging.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.