Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Did town ‘take the knee’?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Maringer and 21 Guests

Did town ‘take the knee’?

This thread currently has 15,672 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
cardiffmariner
September 8, 2020, 4:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,293
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 123614

Are you being deliberately thick, or does it just come naturally to you?

Very rude!  Mess with stats all you like, still more dead white people than black.

That isn’t messing with stats, it’s considering proportionality. You don’t strengthen your argument by just repeating the same misguided point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 132
pen penfras
September 8, 2020, 4:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -138
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ginnywings

Therefore confirming that racism is rife, as you are much more likely to be stopped if you are black than if you are white.

And you're much more likely to be searched at an airport for being Asian. The reality is that certain ethnic groups are targeted because they have a history of being the ones committing certain crimes. Personally, I'd much rather have a society where authorities are allowed to investigate a suspicious situation and keep everybody safe than innocent people die because of fear of upsetting a minority group.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 132
fishboyUTM
September 8, 2020, 5:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from forza ivano

172 white Americans killed by u.s. police in 2020 as opposed to 88 blacks, however the white population  represents 60% of the american population whilst blacks make up less than 15 per cent.
So if there was no issue youd expect to see c.43 blacks killed, but no, its double that number, which suggests they might have something of an issue.

Or it may suggest black people cause more of an issue? Or can we not even contemplate that as possible?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 132
cardiffmariner
September 8, 2020, 5:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

And you're much more likely to be searched at an airport for being Asian. The reality is that certain ethnic groups are targeted because they have a history of being the ones committing certain crimes. Personally, I'd much rather have a society where authorities are allowed to investigate a suspicious situation and keep everybody safe than innocent people die because of fear of upsetting a minority group.

I’d like to see the evidence you have for that. I assume that comment is based on the fact there have been some suicide bombers of Asian extraction over the last twenty years? Or are you saying that by the nature of their birth and the colour of their skin all black people are predisposed to crime? I suggest you consider the wider socio-historical events of the last 1000 years or so and think of the ever so slightly bigger picture.

To simplify such a complex issue to the level of some of the shite spouted on this thread is evidence enough of the underlying prejudice that is fully alive and kicking.

And before you ask, no, I don’t agree with everything blm stands for, yes, I do think the issue of race is sometimes overplayed and discussion is stifled when it shouldn’t be and yes, there is too much political correctness and we should all be able to express our views. I just think some of the ones shared on here are rooted in racial prejudice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 132
TheRealJohnLewis
September 8, 2020, 6:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
And some people say Grimsby is small-minded and backwards thinking...
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 132
September 8, 2020, 6:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from cardiffmariner

That isn’t messing with stats, it’s considering proportionality. You don’t strengthen your argument by just repeating the same misguided point.

Actually I do, as what I posted is fact!  Everything else is, well IF this and BUT that, and MAYBE blah, blah, blah.

Reply: 45 - 132
cardiffmariner
September 8, 2020, 6:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Actually I do, as what I posted is fact!  Everything else is, well IF this and BUT that, and MAYBE blah, blah, blah.

Yes it is a fact, but it is a fact without context and just because it is a fact doesn’t mean it proves your point.

The one statistical fact, set in some context by forza,  has been totally ignored!

It’s a scary age we live in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 132
gtfc98
September 8, 2020, 6:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from golfer

Someone brave enough to say what a lot of people feel.  Post of the week

yeah how brave. that blitz spirit. rule brittaniaz.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 132
September 8, 2020, 7:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Yes it is a fact, but it is a fact without context and just because it is a fact doesn’t mean it proves your point.

The one statistical fact, set in some context by forza,  has been totally ignored!

It’s a scary age we live in.

Lol, what rubbish, and just what is the one statistical fact quoted by Forza?

Reply: 48 - 132
cardiffmariner
September 8, 2020, 8:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

172 white Americans killed by u.s. police in 2020 as opposed to 88 blacks, however the white population  represents 60% of the american population whilst blacks make up less than 15 per cent.
So if there was no issue youd expect to see c.43 blacks killed, but no, its double that number, which suggests they might have something of an issue.

I suggest you read this one again and really think about it. As I said before, it’s about proportionality.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Did town ‘take the knee’?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.