This thread currently has 2,709 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 8, 2020, 9:16pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

Maybe we should do the same to generate extra income?

"Mansfield Town’s first behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly at home to Peterborough United on Tuesday will be streamed live on the club’s website for £5."

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/f.....rough-united-2936935

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
August 8, 2020, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,497
Gold Stars: 173
Who would pay for a stream of a pre-season friendly against Peterborough?

Oh - me circa 2015. We scored a good team goal from memory in probably our best pre-season ever. I think we played ten, won ten with Amond getting around a goal a game.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
sapper mariner
August 8, 2020, 9:50pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
Me personalty offer all the pre season games for free to gain interest and iron out any kinks. then come up with some sort of package that is decent for the fans  

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Hagrid
August 8, 2020, 10:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,377
Gold Stars: 532
Gotta get a team out first!😂
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
arryarryarry
August 8, 2020, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from sapper mariner
Me personalty offer all the pre season games for free to gain interest and iron out any kinks. then come up with some sort of package that is decent for the fans  

I would think that clubs themselves would have to arrange the screening of friendlies whereas full league games would be filmed by the same company that provides the feeds for Sky and Quest as were last season's away games we paid £10 to watch.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 8, 2020, 10:39pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +829
Gold Stars: 117
We haven't even started practising together as a team yet.

I reckon we won't have any pre-season friendlies this year. With only 4 weeks until kickoff I think we should concentrate on learning how the new signings play with our contracted players. Considering we could get as many as 10 new players it could be interesting to see how Ollie deals with it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
moosey_club
August 9, 2020, 9:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
We haven't even started practising together as a team yet.

I reckon we won't have any pre-season friendlies this year. With only 4 weeks until kickoff I think we should concentrate on learning how the new signings play with our contracted players. Considering we could get as many as 10 new players it could be interesting to see how Ollie deals with it.

Thought Ollie said we couldn't even resume full group training until Thursday ? Was that this coming or last Thurs ? Seems strange two other clubs have have a friendly set up already when all we have seen is 6 of the local living lads on exercise bikes and running around cones.

Like you I am not sure we will have pre season friendlies either, can't see the club wanting the added expense of opening up the ground , medical staff, skeleton ground staff, for no income.
Maybe they will try and get an away fixture or two in.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Madeleymariner
August 9, 2020, 10:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Play a couple of local teams away in a couple of weeks time.Brigg/Clee if available fopr match practice,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
horsforthmariner
August 10, 2020, 2:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,604
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

Maybe we should do the same to generate extra income?

"Mansfield Town’s first behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly at home to Peterborough United on Tuesday will be streamed live on the club’s website for £5."

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/f.....rough-united-2936935

I would definitely pay a fiver to watch us decimate Clee Town - but then I'm sad and very bored.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Youngy
August 10, 2020, 4:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from horsforthmariner

I would definitely pay a fiver to watch us decimate Clee Town - but then I'm sad and very bored.

I still don't get why pubs and restaurants can open but a team like Clee can't house games in front of a paid crowd in a mainly open air facility?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stags to stream their first friendly for £5

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.