6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
August 9, 2020, 9:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
The picture that eventually did for him during Yewtree. Dirty sodomist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
moosey_club
August 9, 2020, 9:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Abdul19

[img]https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/NINTCHDBPICT000506359393-e1563400553645.jpg[/img]  

Here he is with Alison Mitchell

Approximating the weight of her left breast by the look of it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
Limerick Mariner
August 9, 2020, 12:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,554
Gold Stars: 133
I think the auto-spellcheck must have been in action somewhere - TMS need to poach "bumble" - aka David Lloyd, a Stanley man...or the Arlott of Accrington. If he'd been in the TMS commentary box with John Arlott that would be as close as you could have got to radio bliss...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
grimsby pete
August 9, 2020, 12:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from immariner
Out of interest, how many of you help to fund the disparity with your Sky Sports/BT Sports subscriptions?

I could sit in the garden watching the rain fall down or I could watch football on the telly .

I choose football.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
marinerdazza
August 9, 2020, 2:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from ginnywings
I haven't got any sports packages and wouldn't pay for anything Murdoch was involved with apart from the Prem aspect of it. I'm also a massive fan of Test cricket and missed a great Test match finish today, but hey ho!

Same. Never had sky, never will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
immariner
August 10, 2020, 12:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ginnywings
I haven't got any sports packages and wouldn't pay for anything Murdoch was involved with apart from the Prem aspect of it. I'm also a massive fan of Test cricket and missed a great Test match finish today, but hey ho!

Same mate. I love cricket too but I'd rather miss out and listen to TMS, than give Murdoch any of my money. Just find it sad that millions of lower league football fans have been happily shooting their own interests in the foot since 92 and continue to do so.

Plenty of decent streams out there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
LH
August 10, 2020, 12:20am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Hours and hours of football a week, cricket when I can and nearly all of the golf plus boxing and occasional NFL and NBA for me. It goes into Murdoch’s pocket but I’m intelligent enough not to read any of his papers to gain a political view and vote against his preferred party anyway. I watch probably 30hrs of sport a week and can’t be arsed finding a stream for all of it.

Gripping day at the Test yesterday and a nicely balanced championship Sunday at the PGA Championship tonight worth this weeks fee.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
aldi_01
August 10, 2020, 7:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Do those who refuse to purchase a subscription boycott public houses that have sport?

I appreciate it’s a personal thing but to be honest I’m not sure if a few people refusing to purchase Sky sport is likely to have any impact. Whilst it’s clear TV money funds the lavish and ridiculous signings but so do the millions of shirt sales, advertising, betting and so forth.

Sky won’t be the only platform eventually, once football realises that individual club type subscriptions could/should exist and explore the varying platforms for streaming, Netflix, Prime and so forth then it’ll literally be everywhere. Do those people not have a prime account? Streaming illegally doesn’t actually take money away from Sky either.

I personally couldn’t bottom myself to intercourse about looking for some illegal stream for 20 minutes before a game of some sort. As many have pointed out; sky sport, whilst appearing predominantly football, actually offers sports fans the best package. Cricket, golf, darts, Rugby League just to name a few...

We can all agree that the premier league doesn’t seemingly operate in the real world but some might argue that none of football really does, all that changes is the numbers. Fact is, not a single football fan wouldn’t want their team to get in to the top flight. Any that say they wouldn’t are either lying or have zero expectation. You can be realistic and say it’s unlikely my team will get there but football is about success and moving forward and competing against the best (I appreciate this is really the mantra of GTFC and a couple of other clubs who are happy just to exist).

Constantly bemoaning the premier league must get tiresome? It is what it is, it’s not going anywhere and actually bigger, wider issues in and around football than the premier league itself.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
ginnywings
August 10, 2020, 8:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Yes I do boycott pubs with Sky Sports. Usually full of chavvy tossers in Prem shirts, most of whom have never been anywhere near the ground of the team they are "supporting".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
marinerjase
August 10, 2020, 9:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,608
Gold Stars: 146
You don’t ‘have’ to root around looking for a stream for 20 mins..you just buy a digibox and it works in the same way as normal tv. I understand both arguments re Murdock/Prem and giving money too, as well as those who don’t wish too.

Personally I’m a sports fanatic, anything and everything - but can’t afford to pay the costs and add ons, ie box office - so I watch via streams on my digibox.

Morally there’ll be those who scream and shout ‘but that’s wrong’ etc - maybe it is, maybe it isn’t - but you do what’s best for you in these precarious times.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salary cap voted in

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.