Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone got a million quid they don't need?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 325 Guests

Anyone got a million quid they don't need?

This thread currently has 4,675 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
August 6, 2020, 6:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,135
Gold Stars: 265
Think you only have to read those comments to see why they are holding off for as long as possible before making any signings. My guesstimate is that every week they can get by without having a full squad is saving them about £10,000 per week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
aldi_01
August 6, 2020, 8:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Many have questioned the clubs ambition for sometime, I think yesterday was another statement to suppress and potential expectations.

Naturally the club will be hit hard, as will most clubs. Yes, some clubs are signing players and that’s their choice. They’ve obviously decided that they feel they need to make signings and gamble, potentially capitalising on the fact the standard of the league and some teams won’t be as competitive as normal.

On the one hand I feel that we could struggle and certainly hover closer to the bottom than the top but equally, as stated, I’m not sure the league will be as competitive as usual so may be just a couple of decent signings could see us finish at least mid table.

I think we could see a selection of loan players coming in, although that will still depend on percentage of wages that needs paying. I personally don’t think it’ll make a difference who the manager is, players will certainly make decisions based purely on cash at the moment, more so than ever before I think.

It was disappointing not to see some acknowledgement of the crowd funder. Just because I chose not to donate doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be commended.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
golfer
August 6, 2020, 9:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Make every club "supporter" owned with a limit on share ownership,no foreigners -players,owners,managers. Let them work in their own countries. supposed to be the English league - hardly any English in it. cap on everything with profits going back to supporters P.S.   and Bovril only costing 50p
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
louth_in_the_south
August 6, 2020, 9:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Don’t think we’ll have to worry about relegation this season as there will probably be a few teams go belly up so why bother lashing out on players this season and risk financial ruin   ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
realist
August 6, 2020, 2:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Might not get relegated but it will also make it a cracking time to push for promotion. I think the more savy clubs have realised this so are pushing ahead with signings.
But on the original point of lost revenue the board are architects of this to some extent. Fans have been complaining for years about the poor facilities at BP. I see it will now have a big effect on reducing potential  crowd numbers.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 6, 2020, 2:02pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +831
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Don’t think we’ll have to worry about relegation this season as there will probably be a few teams go belly up so why bother lashing out on players this season and risk financial ruin   ?

If enough teams go to the wall we might even get automatic promotion!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
Madeleymariner
August 6, 2020, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,049
Gold Stars: 49
Even if we were one of only 3 teams left in the league we would still find a way to member it up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
promotion plaice
August 6, 2020, 2:15pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 193

Be interesting to see if Mr Fenty still claws back more of his loan in these challenging times.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
golfer
August 6, 2020, 4:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
He's not that bad
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
louth_in_the_south
August 6, 2020, 4:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from promotion plaice

Be interesting to see if Mr Fenty still claws back more of his loan in these challenging times.

Always one isn’t there . No wonder he gets urine.ed off reading the musings of his minions 😂

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone got a million quid they don't need?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.