Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many Season Ticket holders do GTFC?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 204 Guests

How many Season Ticket holders do GTFC?

This thread currently has 1,179 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
vernontown
August 2, 2020, 2:12pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Thinking of the upcoming season, and potential restrictions. How many season ticket holders did we have last season (19/20). Are we looking at the possibility of only season ticket holders, or even not all season ticket holders, being able to get to games until restrictions are lifted further?
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
August 2, 2020, 2:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193

Think we had around 3,000 STH's last season, regarding the future who knows.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
SDUTM
August 2, 2020, 3:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice

Think we had around 3,000 STH's last season, regarding the future who knows.

I think that amount included half season tickets sold at Xmas. I would be surprised if we could get all 3,000 into the stadium with social distancing in place. The ground is bloody old and very narrow in places that makes it difficult to observe a 1 metre distance let alone 2!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
GollyGTFC
August 2, 2020, 3:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
It was less than 3,000. Around 2,600.

Unfortunately I think the club have to start by selling to existing STHs. Can’t see how they can cater for new STHs it we’re looking at 2,500-3,000 maximum.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 7
moosey_club
August 2, 2020, 8:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Given the noises coming from the club i dont think there will even be a season ticket this season, the cluster fck way the government are going about managing the outbreak i cant see any clearly signposted ways for the EFL to give a green light to open grounds up.
Think the closest we will get is a season ticket for i follow, and the problem with trying to sell that , as most weeks on here there is an i follow thread usually starting with " anyone getting anything .... i have commentary from Hull but no picture" .

Will be alot of peeed off people if they cant get it right this season.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
headingly_mariner
August 2, 2020, 9:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
The club need to do something to stay afloat. What about a membership scheme for Season ticket holders?
Say £20 a month Minimum 12 months.

Behind closed doors you get a voucher for ifollow, if fans are allowed in you get your seat.

No football and you can still choose to pay your subs.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
aldi_01
August 3, 2020, 7:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
iFollow can’t be used as the income generator for clubs if/when the season starts.

Aside from folk finding it unreliable, there’s those folk who don’t have access to it (yes I know these numbers are small these days), then there’s families that would only need one subscription but say Mum, dad and the kids all normally have a ST or buy match tickets and then there’s pubs etc which will show games meaning say 50-100 possible fans will not buy their own subscription choosing the pub instead.

I think the clusterfuck the government have caused throughout, coupes with the EFLs inability to do anything sensible means it could be a disaster for leagues 1 and 2.

I’ve said all along, partially opening with limited numbers is ridiculous; it’s either safe, or it’s not. I’d people aren’t happy with going, they don’t have to but stadiums should either be completely shut or completely open.

The teams signing players at present is interesting, some of the usual suspects are doing what they always do but there’s also teams without a pot to urine in doing it. Are they being proactive or jumping the gun?

Will clubs like us end up lagging because we’ve been ‘sensible’ or can we still benefit because players will possibly be more open to lower contract etc?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Poojah
August 3, 2020, 8:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,421
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from aldi_01
iFollow can’t be used as the income generator for clubs if/when the season starts.

Aside from folk finding it unreliable, there’s those folk who don’t have access to it (yes I know these numbers are small these days), then there’s families that would only need one subscription but say Mum, dad and the kids all normally have a ST or buy match tickets and then there’s pubs etc which will show games meaning say 50-100 possible fans will not buy their own subscription choosing the pub instead.

I think the clusterfuck the government have caused throughout, coupes with the EFLs inability to do anything sensible means it could be a disaster for leagues 1 and 2.

I’ve said all along, partially opening with limited numbers is ridiculous; it’s either safe, or it’s not. I’d people aren’t happy with going, they don’t have to but stadiums should either be completely shut or completely open.

The teams signing players at present is interesting, some of the usual suspects are doing what they always do but there’s also teams without a pot to urine in doing it. Are they being proactive or jumping the gun?

Will clubs like us end up lagging because we’ve been ‘sensible’ or can we still benefit because players will possibly be more open to lower contract etc?

Without wanting to politicise this thread, though there are many aspects of this crisis that the government have made a clusterfùck of, I think you’re being harsh there.

It’s either safe or it’s not? This isn’t a binary situation. What we have is an economic balancing act - trying to reopen as much of the economy as possible whilst keeping cases and deaths as low as possible until we have a viable vaccine in place.

The reality is, right now it’s not 100% safe to do anything.  We’re seeing clusters of cases linked to individual pubs and bars. No one really knows what the impact of reopening stadiums could be, but to dive straight in and allow tens of thousands of people to mingle in the same place is a non-starter.

Based on your logic, if that’s the case we should just say “fùck it, no one can go then”. How then, would you propose clubs without wealthy backers capable of underwriting huge losses finance next season?

Personally, I’d like to see an option for two types of season ticket, one of which the purchaser waives their right to any matches which they may not be able to attend for any reason whatsoever. It is of course a risk to the individual, but what it does is give the club a degree of guaranteed income upon which to plan financially. Not everyone could afford to take that risk, but for those that can, it would go a long way to securing the club’s future.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many Season Ticket holders do GTFC?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.