Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Manchester United youngster heading for Town?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

Manchester United youngster heading for Town?

This thread currently has 3,077 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
PoutonStepover
August 1, 2020, 5:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
I overheard a conversation between 2 people that are involved in the coaching staff at the club today that we will be taking a youngster on loan for Man U this coming season..... no names were mentioned but someone of similar quality to the last loanee we had from there would be great 😃
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
August 1, 2020, 6:52pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Hope it's Mason Greenwood, could do a good job at our level  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
gtfc98
August 1, 2020, 9:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Jesse Lingard.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
dapperz fun pub
August 1, 2020, 9:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from PoutonStepover
I overheard a conversation between 2 people that are involved in the coaching staff at the club today that we will be taking a youngster on loan for Man U this coming season..... no names were mentioned but someone of similar quality to the last loanee we had from there would be great 😃

I’m sure olly would love to know who these people are discussing potential targets in front of random people 🤔
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
AdamHaddock
August 2, 2020, 2:51am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from promotion plaice

Hope it's Mason Greenwood, could do a good job at our level  

Is that the first CDAJATL of the summer?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
Mallyner
August 2, 2020, 7:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23

I do like the way we have been loaning young and upcoming players recently; at one time loanees were more like Jack Brownsword than Mason Greenwood.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
TownSNAFU5
August 2, 2020, 8:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,861
Gold Stars: 42
Jack Brownsword.  I knew of him but have done some research.

A bit heavy for a Sun morning, but he was a legendary Scunny player in he 50s and 60s.  He set a number of records but is perhaps more famous as a difficult quiz question.

He played nearly 800 times for Scunny over 18 years.  He was never booked.

He was the first fullback to score 50 goals.  In those days fullbacks were our defenders.

He was a very proficient scorer for a FB because he took all the penalties.  He was very good at it scoring 49 pens with one saved (and a great save at that).

Strangely, he put all his penalties in the same place.  One keeper stood at the post,  When Jack took the penalty the keeper dived across all the open goal.  The penalty scored where the keeper was before.

The quiz question is what is most usual fact about one of Scunny FB Jack Brownsword’s 50 goals?

(It wasn’t a penalty, all the rest were).  The other goal was a miss-hit cross that deceived the keeper and went into the net.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Rick12
August 2, 2020, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Will be nice to see a Man U youngster here. I still like the old days when clubs like Grimsby could compete with the Man Utds of this world due to the wage cap.Interesting to recap as you maybe aware that Grimsby were founded earlier as a football club than Liverpool,Real Madrid,Barcelona,AC Milan and Chelsea .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Mallyner
August 3, 2020, 10:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Great research TownSNAFU5.  

My comment was only a pretty poor attempt at humour, using 2 players of different ages with colours in their names. Jack was a great servant for his club, I suppose the equivalent of John McDermot and I am sure I must have seen him play against Town a few times.

A better reference without an attempt of humour might have been players we signed on loan in the later stages of their playing careers, who really did us little favours.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Manchester United youngster heading for Town?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.