Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

This thread currently has 14,617 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Mallyner
July 27, 2020, 9:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from promotion plaice

Probably already been mentioned but if we are only allowed around 2,000 into BP when the fans are allowed back how do you pick who gets in?

Hand sanitiser, Rock, Paper, Scissors?  

I suppose season ticket holders would get first pick, but we might find that with the fear of the virus, quite a percentage of them would not want to attend anyway.

As somebody with bad arthritis in my legs, I haven't had a season ticket for 2 years, but if I had I would be happy to have been able to view the game on ifollow, if I could somehow log on, using that game's ticket.

Just as now I would be willing to pay the full match fee, to be able to watch the game.

The financial survival of our club is my main concern.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 101
GrimRob
July 27, 2020, 9:55am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
I don't think anyone will have to worry about relegation. The chances of 24 teams making it to the end of the season seem bleak. If you still exist after 46 games you will be safe.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 71 - 101
jamesgtfc
July 27, 2020, 9:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,948
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GrimRob
I don't think anyone will have to worry about relegation. The chances of 24 teams making it to the end of the season seem bleak. If you still exist after 46 games you will be safe.

With or without fans, it's only a matter of time. Bury were the first to go but there is a lot of clubs, particularly in the North West, on a dangerous tightrope.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 101
IlkleyMariner
July 27, 2020, 5:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,010
Gold Stars: 69
Cricket authorities have agreed to let Surrey and Warwickshire cricket that they can have 2,500 spectators from August 1st.

They have much bigger grounds with more static fans than GTFC, so unless things change looks like 1500 to 2000 fans is all we can get.

However there is still a few weeks to see if the cricket experiment works, so here’s hoping for improvement in infection levels.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 101
Meza
July 27, 2020, 6:53pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,637
Gold Stars: 50
Do we think we could get away with one every other seat, the rows behind when in the Upper Findus are 1m i think.  Just need one of the spaces between the seats and were good.  Problem is no one has seen town for ages and sod law 8000 + fans are interested lol.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 101
pen penfras
July 27, 2020, 7:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Meza
Do we think we could get away with one every other seat, the rows behind when in the Upper Findus are 1m i think.  Just need one of the spaces between the seats and were good.  Problem is no one has seen town for ages and sod law 8000 + fans are interested lol.

Depends which part is how far away from which other. The knees that are often jabbing into my back mean at least a part of that person is less than 1m away. The amount of fat barstewards that take up half my seat probably means that they're not 1m wide either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 101
IlkleyMariner
July 27, 2020, 8:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,010
Gold Stars: 69
In virus hotspot of Leicester there are 9 cases per 100,000 of population per day.
Or less than 1 per 10,000

That is a hotspot. In Cleethorpes it’s much lower. If our home crowd is 4,000 can anyone tell me how many people will be able to pass on the virus?

I don’t know but I bet less than 8 will be sat next to him or her.  And they meet only every two weeks.
Think I have more chance of being knocked down by a bus than catching Covid. Even then there is a negligible chance of death by COVID-19

Think this frenzy needs to be moderated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 101
LH
July 27, 2020, 9:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
In virus hotspot of Leicester there are 9 cases per 100,000 of population per day.
Or less than 1 per 10,000

That is a hotspot. In Cleethorpes it’s much lower. If our home crowd is 4,000 can anyone tell me how many people will be able to pass on the virus?

I don’t know but I bet less than 8 will be sat next to him or her.  And they meet only every two weeks.
Think I have more chance of being knocked down by a bus than catching Covid. Even then there is a negligible chance of death by COVID-19

Think this frenzy needs to be moderated.

Yeah there’d be 8 sat within the 2m danger zone in a full house. Yes they might only meet every other week - but do these people not need to go to work, school, supermarkets, to see family etc. This is exactly why football will be among the last things to open fully because strangers will be at close quarters for an extended period.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 101
Meza
July 27, 2020, 10:49pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,637
Gold Stars: 50
Personally i'd let the Town\Cities decide and if cases rise lock the town down like Leicester.  I'd still have face masks as mandatory though.  

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 101
moosey_club
July 27, 2020, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from aldi_01

Like all guidance through this it’s exactly that, guidance. It is very convoluted and typical of something from the EFL.

I’d imagine that as football grounds are private property they can choose to implement as little or as much as they want although I’d suspect t most will try and stick to it.

Some might want to praise the EFL for trying to be proactive but it seems like a waste of time given the government could turn round tomorrow and say stadiums can open. Equally, as given the trend of bizarre decision making, they could enforce them being shut for the foreseeable.

Surely they’d be better placed looking at ways to ensure the vast majority of their members survive through this. If they believe iFollow is an income generator like ST and match day tickets they’re deluded.

The guidance is more convoluted and woolly than the 345 versions put out for schools.

I would say surely the EFL realise that with these restrictions they are going to be making the game unsustainable for most clubs, if not all. But then it's the EFL we are talking about so maybe they dont.
Unless every club seriously reduces their playing budgets, considering they already have contracted players deals to honour, how can they stay within the financial fair play rules with the reduced income ?  
We know that our season budget is set based loosely on projected attendances, expected cup runs (football fortune) and that as a club we have stayed within budgets more or less, so if we believe we will be down to gates of 2000 our budget will be halved, if that was the case then i dont see how we could sign another player for this season with the committed deals we already have.
Repeat that throughout the leagues and you have a serious issue.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.