Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

This thread currently has 14,544 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
lee65
July 26, 2020, 3:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
I wonder if games on ifollow  will increase in price from the usual tenner? (I’m assuming all will be available, home and away including Saturdays)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 101
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 26, 2020, 3:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
It sure if this has been mentioned previously, and if so apologies.

But there’s been mention here of reduced capacity (50%) when the season restarts. If so, :

if/when a goal is scored, how can you stop people celebrating?

If capacity is reduced then am guessing the osmond would be used As I’d assume it’s ‘home fans only’ And how would this be policed?

If there is a large take up in interest, would temporary seating then become a viable option?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 101
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 26, 2020, 4:21pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
It sure if this has been mentioned previously, and if so apologies.

But there’s been mention here of reduced capacity (50%) when the season restarts. If so, :

if/when a goal is scored, how can you stop people celebrating?

If capacity is reduced then am guessing the osmond would be used As I’d assume it’s ‘home fans only’ And how would this be policed?

If there is a large take up in interest, would temporary seating then become a viable option?

To quote Philip Day in his recent statement

"We had been anticipating 50% of our capacity would be allowed. However, the draft Guide is far more restrictive, and it is estimated that it will be between 17% and 30%. Most League 2 grounds including BP will be at the lower end of that percentage"

So a lot less than what we were hoping.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 101
IlkleyMariner
July 26, 2020, 4:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,979
Gold Stars: 69
So that would be about 2000 spectators
Unless it spikes there will be no spectators with the virus so what are they protecting?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 101
aldi_01
July 26, 2020, 6:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m not sure releasing a statement with ‘draft guidance’ is a good move. The more I think about it the more I think it’ll cause my anxiety and debate that just likely adds more pressure.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 101
pen penfras
July 26, 2020, 7:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m not sure releasing a statement with ‘draft guidance’ is a good move. The more I think about it the more I think it’ll cause my anxiety and debate that just likely adds more pressure.

And if they didn't, then you'd be moaning that you're not being informed about what's going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 101
pizzzza
July 26, 2020, 7:22pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
Had a look for this draft 85-page document, I think this is it here https://sgsa.org.uk/planning-for-social-distancing-at-sports-grounds/ Couldn't be arsed reading it all and only quickly scanned it but seems extremely convoluted, very much open to the club's own interpretation I imagine.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 101
promotion plaice
July 26, 2020, 7:35pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Probably already been mentioned but if we are only allowed around 2,000 into BP when the fans are allowed back how do you pick who gets in?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 101
aldi_01
July 27, 2020, 8:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

And if they didn't, then you'd be moaning that you're not being informed about what's going on.

Not in the slightest. I think the club being tight lopes has been actually helpful. It hasn’t fuelled fires and hasn’t put them in any sort of firing line.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 101
aldi_01
July 27, 2020, 8:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza
Had a look for this draft 85-page document, I think this is it here https://sgsa.org.uk/planning-for-social-distancing-at-sports-grounds/ Couldn't be arsed reading it all and only quickly scanned it but seems extremely convoluted, very much open to the club's own interpretation I imagine.

Like all guidance through this it’s exactly that, guidance. It is very convoluted and typical of something from the EFL.

I’d imagine that as football grounds are private property they can choose to implement as little or as much as they want although I’d suspect t most will try and stick to it.

Some might want to praise the EFL for trying to be proactive but it seems like a waste of time given the government could turn round tomorrow and say stadiums can open. Equally, as given the trend of bizarre decision making, they could enforce them being shut for the foreseeable.

Surely they’d be better placed looking at ways to ensure the vast majority of their members survive through this. If they believe iFollow is an income generator like ST and match day tickets they’re deluded.

The guidance is more convoluted and woolly than the 345 versions put out for schools.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.