Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

This thread currently has 14,396 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
July 25, 2020, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
How many people in the current climate can really afford to buy a season ticket ? It’s admirable saying you would but if you’re one of the many who’s jobs are hanging by a thread or you’re on furlough it’s fooking difficult to justify such an outlay of ££££
I’d guess even if they were on sale there wouldn’t be enough sold to base a budget on . It’s easy to stick the boot into the board but they’re being realistic.

Point is they are currently blind to what may be acheived, they need something to base a season budget on, it certainly wont be crowds like we were use to as i would guess there will be a percentage drop off  so surely dipping their toe in by at least attempting to put something forward would help gauge the mood.  
They previously said they felt it would unfair to sell a ticket whilst there was no gaurantee on when a season may start, no argument there, honorable of them to do so........but the go ahead is now there so starting the ball rolling for a business with little or no current income is a must surely ?
If they advertise and only 500 people put their hand in then they can be cautious with the budget, if 2000 put their hand in they can cut the cloth accordingly, if 3000 come forward then its pretty much business as usual.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 101
louth_in_the_south
July 25, 2020, 4:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Yep I can’t disagree with a word of that Moose . Maybe the club should put the question out there and have a show of hands to gauge how many would buy a ST now so they have something to go on .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 101
TownSNAFU5
July 25, 2020, 5:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
There is a risk in buying a season-ticket in that next season is an unknown factor for money (the Club and for fans) and the impact of a possible second-wave of Covid-19.

Do fans want to surrender refunds again?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 101
GollyGTFC
July 25, 2020, 5:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
There is no possibility whatsoever that the EFL Cup will take place next season with any of the 7 Premier League clubs that are involved in UEFA Club competitions. Every midweek from the season start date upto an including the midweek of Tuesday 8th December is either a UEFA club match date or an International fixture date.

The question is whether it will be a 85 club competition with the other 13 Premier League clubs, a 72 club competition with EFL clubs only or whether it's just voided for the season.

My guess will be it won't happen at all, because the Championship has to squeeze 46 match days in whilst not playing during the international windows.That's hard enough as it is without having to get EFL Cup matches in too.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 101
bax
July 25, 2020, 5:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
It’s ok saying 3 or 4000 will buy season tickets (with a Economic depression round the corner and people scared to leave the house with COVID I doubt either is realistic) but the club will be more concerned that fans will be allowed in again, virus spikes and fans are no longer allowed in. Money which is budgeted for is then refunded and there are financial black holes to worry about.

I’ve been critical of the club many times in the past but on this one they are absolutely right to err on the side of caution at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 101
moosey_club
July 25, 2020, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bax
It’s ok saying 3 or 4000 will buy season tickets (with a Economic depression round the corner and people scared to leave the house with COVID I doubt either is realistic) but the club will be more concerned that fans will be allowed in again, virus spikes and fans are no longer allowed in. Money which is budgeted for is then refunded and there are financial black holes to worry about.

I’ve been critical of the club many times in the past but on this one they are absolutely right to err on the side of caution at the moment.

i dont buy into that, certainly dont think 3-4000 will buy anyway, maybe 1500 - 2000 tops would be my guess....but i think those people buying would be accepting there is possibly a risk of further disruption or a curtailed season.
As someone suggested earlier sell a partial ticket for first half of the season, redeemable for the first 10/11 games only, if the season goes on without disruption just extend it and that way you can keep your preferred seat.
The world has changed, peoples perspectives have changed....the club needs to react and adapt.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 101
bax
July 25, 2020, 7:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from moosey_club

i dont buy into that, certainly dont think 3-4000 will buy anyway, maybe 1500 - 2000 tops would be my guess....but i think those people buying would be accepting there is possibly a risk of further disruption or a curtailed season.
As someone suggested earlier sell a partial ticket for first half of the season, redeemable for the first 10/11 games only, if the season goes on without disruption just extend it and that way you can keep your preferred seat.
The world has changed, peoples perspectives have changed....the club needs to react and adapt.

Reacting and adapting are two qualities you can’t say the club has in abundance 😂 it handwrites the details of all season ticket holders in a book ffs!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 101
headingly_mariner
July 25, 2020, 7:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
The club need to offer a blended season ticket.

All the games that are on ifollow and then valid when you’re allowed back in the ground. Maybe charge less than last year so that it is viable for those who will not get to all games but may want to watch them on I follow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 101
moosey_club
July 25, 2020, 7:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
The club need to offer a blended season ticket.

All the games that are on ifollow and then valid when you’re allowed back in the ground. Maybe charge less than last year so that it is viable for those who will not get to all games but may want to watch them on I follow.

A blender now ?!? FFS Jolley had to fight tooth and nail just to get a juicer for Cheapside....cant see the board sanctioning that as well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 101
lee65
July 26, 2020, 3:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from moosey_club

A blender now ?!? FFS Jolley had to fight tooth and nail just to get a juicer for Cheapside....cant see the board sanctioning that as well.

I think I may have a sandwich toaster from the early 80’s hidden in a cupboard somewhere if that would help? 🙂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.