Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

This thread currently has 14,623 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
July 25, 2020, 11:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Davec

This is Grimsby Town we are talking about so we will sit back and wait and put season tickets on sale a week before the season starts, we will leave signing players until late as possible, and when we are struggling early doors we can use Coronavirus as an excuse

It was more a rhetorical point as like you I am pretty sure I know the path we will take.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 101
Tinymariner
July 25, 2020, 2:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
If the club make it season ticket holders only after October, I can see a few more people shelling out for one. I reckon we could see over 4K in ST sales.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 101
louth_in_the_south
July 25, 2020, 2:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
How many people in the current climate can really afford to buy a season ticket ? It’s admirable saying you would but if you’re one of the many who’s jobs are hanging by a thread or you’re on furlough it’s fooking difficult to justify such an outlay of ££££
I’d guess even if they were on sale there wouldn’t be enough sold to base a budget on . It’s easy to stick the boot into the board but they’re being realistic.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 101
promotion plaice
July 25, 2020, 2:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Tinymariner
If the club make it season ticket holders only after October, I can see a few more people shelling out for one. I reckon we could see over 4K in ST sales.

I can understand your rationale but I doubt the amount of STH's would go up because those extra/new sales would balanced by the amount of, lets say it, older generation STH's that decide not to renew for now due to fears of a second spike.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 101
IlkleyMariner
July 25, 2020, 2:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Tinymariner

Think it be influenced by whether fans are enthused by the new signings, especially because we have lost six of the best players we had in March.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 101
Hagrid
July 25, 2020, 3:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,387
Gold Stars: 532
Can pay for it monthly with the ST payment scheme. Ive used it before, think works out about 20 pound more over course of the season
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 101
rancido
July 25, 2020, 3:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Poojah
Watching the French cup final on BT Sport now and there is a crowd of sorts, although oddly all crammed into one small section of the Stade de France, which seems to defeat the object somewhat.

Now, I don’t speak French but I think the suggestion here is that it’s a bit daft.
Tweet 1286745085737132032 will appear here...

C'est trez balmy, mon ami.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 101
GollyGTFC
July 25, 2020, 3:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
2020/21 is going to be congested.

Last season the 2nd Saturday in September was our 8th league game. So we're 7 league games behind before we even start.

However last season was due to finish on Saturday 25th April due to Wembley only being available for L1 & L2 play-off Finals on Sat 16 & Sun 17 May. 2020/21 regular season finished 2 weeks later on Saturday 8th May. So there's 2 extra matches at the end of the regular season.

However that still means we have to squeeze 5 matches into the schedule.

Here's an idea...

Abolish FA Cup replays in all rounds and play league matches on the usual replay midweek date for R1-4.
Abolish Group Stage of EFL Trophy and have a straight knock-out competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 101
Grantham_Mariner
July 25, 2020, 3:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
How about sell a season ticket now for say 12 games that starts when fans are allowed in, with the option later to extend it for the remaining games? Then every one gets to keep there seat, and there would be less of a rush and initially cheaper so more can afford under the present climate?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 101
aldi_01
July 25, 2020, 4:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I admire the optimism of those believing we’ll shift more ST but I think that’s all it is. If they’re full price, short notice with going on sale, and that’s not to mention the fact signing may not inspire and folk may not have a spare 300 quid knocking about.

I’d expect the usual 2000/2500 if and when they go on sale. Clubs should be pushing the EFL for some clarity on when stadiums will open. iFollow is not an economical way of generating income like actual ticket sales and then factor in costs of opening stadiums and so forth and it looks like the EFL just panicked and agreed with the premier league.

If you forget the 100k or whatever made through the crowd funder and the likes, ST would provide some much needed income, then add in the additional on the day sales and it helps us tick over.

Then there’s the issue of where cash will come from to actually sign players, the length of time little income will be coming in against how many playing staff need paying and it just gets even more complex.

My view has always been if the season starts then it has to be deemed safe for fans and stadiums need to open ASAP and the league starts accordingly.

Although whilst I’m sat here I can imagine the stadiums being shut but someone suggesting McMenemy’s shows the game on iFollow haha...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.