Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

This thread currently has 14,618 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 24, 2020, 3:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Think the EFL are looking for some sort of financial package to cover period with no fans.
Great news, let’s get cracking!

Probably only a loan though so clubs getting into even more debt.

All games Live on iFollow is going to be the norm for now you would think.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 101
aldi_01
July 24, 2020, 3:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from promotion plaice

Probably only a loan though so clubs getting into even more debt.

Some might argue that is the fear, let’s face it, for 97% of fans of top flight clubs watching football on TV is the norm and the crowd is irrelevant to them. Sadly, I think this last few weeks has actually shown at the top level fans aren’t important to anything.

They’ve introduced so called drinks breaks which they’ve touted for a while, I mean it’ll look foolish all stood dithering in November but we all know deep down it’s a time out and an opportunity for TV folk to sell advertising.

At our level fans in the ground generate income, if people get out of the habit, for many it’ll be a hard one to pick back up, for numerous reasons.

My personal view is the football league in particular shouldn’t/doesn’t need to start until fans are allowed in the ground.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 101
Sigone
July 24, 2020, 3:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

Season tickets holders only, no away fans, whole ground open to season tickets, no entry without a mask, which must be worn at all times, temperature checks at the turnstiles and Ifollow made available throughout the season..thats how i would do it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 101
promotion plaice
July 24, 2020, 3:45pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

When the fans do return:

Don't know how they are going to police the loo's because the queue's at half-time are horrendous.

At least the beer will be cheap, if it isn't already most of it will be nearly out of date by now  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 101
It Bites
July 24, 2020, 3:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,183
Gold Stars: 260
No fans ... How can EFL clubs suddenly afford to start in September with out fans ?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 101
pontoonlew
July 24, 2020, 4:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,995
Gold Stars: 171
You’d Imagine there’s a financial package in place to return and I’m all for it. Hopefully it’s enough to end the 25% wage cut and get on with building a squad.

You could say why don’t we wait until mid October, but that isn’t guaranteed and we need to know what we’re doing. Adding to that, the Euros are in 2021, this is the latest they could realistically leave it. I’m pleased we have some clarity and can now start to plan (and get bloody excited!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 101
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 24, 2020, 4:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from It Bites
No fans ... How can EFL clubs suddenly afford to start in September with out fans ?

Agree with the comments on here that support not returning until October when we hopefully will be allowed crowds of around 3000 without face masks, temperature checks etc. Agree no away fans until possibly the new year which will be very hard for our exiles and hard core travelling support but that should be the limit on concessions.

I just cannot see how returning without any sort of crowd is financially viable to any team in the lower leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 101
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 24, 2020, 4:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
I also thought the Shrewsbury suggestion, also put forward by a Fishy member on a previous thread, to start on 12 September with Caraboa cup games made excellent sense.

More bizarrely the Premiership kicks off immediately following an international break so gives them around 3 days max preparation time, ridiculously short.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 101
July 24, 2020, 4:24pm
Guest User
Can't wait!! Looking forward to see who Ollie brings in as well  
Reply: 18 - 101
Gaffer58
July 24, 2020, 4:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
As a financial package to see clubs over until fans are allowed in, give the clubs the same amount of money as their average attendance las5 season. I understand anyone in league 1 that got relegated will in theory have a lower average because they were losing games. PS, on this calculation it means scunny get £124.67 pence, per game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Return of league 2, 12th Sept (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.