Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New kit
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 341 Guests

New kit

This thread currently has 26,967 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
July 28, 2020, 1:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Madeleymariner
I really liked the 93 Ciba shirt but kit ruined by not having red socks

None of the kits in the 90's had red socks though, unless you count red at the top as being red. Never really got the thing about us needing to play in red socks, it's not even been a majorly common pattern historically. My only guess is that a good majority of regulars here started following town in the 70's as kids and have fond memories of regularly having red socks in the kit. It went away in the early 80's and never came back except the odd season until 10 years ago.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 172
sonofmadeleymariner
July 28, 2020, 1:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Just realised why I really don't like that home strip. It looks like it was designed by a 7 year old who was making  a black strip and got bored of colouring in half way down do added some tripes to it to save having to do all the colouring in

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 172
Boris Johnson
July 28, 2020, 2:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
yeah guess it could be worse, at least no red socks, blacks is bad....but hey ho each to their own
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 172
arryarryarry
July 28, 2020, 2:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
I can't say I'm impressed by any of the kits and what are those arrows pointing to on the 3rd kit
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 172
thefish
July 28, 2020, 2:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
I love the anger this has caused! Roll on the footy starting so we can have something important to get angry about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 172
arryarryarry
July 28, 2020, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from thefish
I love the anger this has caused! Roll on the footy starting so we can have something important to get angry about.

Where is the anger, surely people can have a view on the new kit as they do every time a new one comes out?

Private Message
Reply: 85 - 172
aldi_01
July 28, 2020, 3:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Anger would imply people are saying it’s excrement and being vitriolic towards the club, I think people have just shared their views.

My personal view is once again Errea have delivered a poor kit but then in reality, I think clubs and kit manufacturers know, as with anything football related, they’ll still shift units.

Look at all those fools who parted with their cash, some fo which were grown men and wore them, when Manure released that monstrosity of a Grey kit, or the pink one from last year or the year before. Perhaps this is why kit manufacturers are delivering uninspiring kits.

Some will like the kits and that’s their opinion. I buy a home shirt every year although I’ve missed a couple of errea ones out becauee I didn’t like them. I’ll pick this one up at the end of the season in the sale. Others will purchase it on the day it’s released.

Personally, if I’m dropping 50quid in the club shop right now I’d be buying the retro Nisa kit.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 172
Hagrid
July 28, 2020, 3:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from aldi_01
Anger would imply people are saying it’s excrement and being vitriolic towards the club, I think people have just shared their views.

My personal view is once again Errea have delivered a poor kit but then in reality, I think clubs and kit manufacturers know, as with anything football related, they’ll still shift units.

Look at all those fools who parted with their cash, some fo which were grown men and wore them, when Manure released that monstrosity of a Grey kit, or the pink one from last year or the year before. Perhaps this is why kit manufacturers are delivering uninspiring kits.

Some will like the kits and that’s their opinion. I buy a home shirt every year although I’ve missed a couple of errea ones out becauee I didn’t like them. I’ll pick this one up at the end of the season in the sale. Others will purchase it on the day it’s released.

Personally, if I’m dropping 50quid in the club shop right now I’d be buying the retro Nisa kit.

bit harsh, i bought the pink shirt as it was a novelty, and it went down a real hit with fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 172
sam gy
July 28, 2020, 3:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Anyone know if they usually start selling tracksuits etc around the same time as kits get released? I need some new tracky bottoms...would like to give the club my money if poss but there's none on sale at the mo.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 172
diehardmariner
July 28, 2020, 4:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Poojah

This one gets thrown out every year, and I have to say, I don't really get it. I can't think of a shirt style that lends itself to variation more than stripes.

You can change the width of the stripes, plain sleeves / stripey sleeves, plain back / stripey back, solid stripes / fades, pinstripes, mix up the collar, and so on. We're able to go with either red, black or white socks as well without there being too much bed wetting.

Certainly more license for creativity than say, Liverpool or Leeds, whose kits are pretty much always going to be a solid colour right the way through. I'd actually say Errea have given us some very different kits over the years, I just don't think this year's is very good. That's a personal thing, others seem to like it, just too much black for me. Particularly from the side / back.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/1Rk3rHR/gtfc.png[/img]

You say that, but whenever any kit supplier has dared to change the thickness of the stripes, added faded stripes or generally gone away from the very traditional black and white stripes it has been met with some hostility.  Going back a long way but the, now popular, Ciba pinstripe one wasn't all that popular at the time, but there was little point of ringing Clubcall in 1993 to tell a recorded message of your dislike.

Probably is harder to do anything with Leeds or Liverpool kits, or any other club with just one colour.  But I'm struggling to think of any club that's got a great deal of scope to change it from season to season.

That all said, the pic you've put up from the side is the first I've looked at from that angle and I'm less keen.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 172
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New kit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.