MarinerDevil
July 13, 2020, 12:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 80
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53387306

Two-year ban quashed with fine reduced to €10 million.

I think this severely dents UEFA's authority to govern over finances at international level.  Will be interested to see what the consequences will be for FFP in the EFL, if any.
Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 13, 2020, 12:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Money 1  Football  0

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
IlkleyMariner
July 13, 2020, 1:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Money 1 incompetent UEFA 0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
dapperz fun pub
July 13, 2020, 1:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Real shocker this 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 13, 2020, 1:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,265
Gold Stars: 295
Yeah, who could have seen this coming.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Madeleymariner
July 13, 2020, 6:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Poor things thats a months wages for Aguero down the pan,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Heswall Mariner
July 13, 2020, 7:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
Probably a few backhanders here - I really think that football at this level is totally corrupt. Sep Blatter & Co.  got away with it for years. True fans of the beautiful game are just being used - we don't stand a chance. If grass roots is able to kick off again I for one will be off to watch a district league game at the weekend with the dog  - where I started for the love of it. I shall not be watching Sky/BT etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
louth_in_the_south
July 13, 2020, 7:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
UEFA didn’t stand a chance against the unlimited spending power of Quatar on legal defence.

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
GollyGTFC
July 13, 2020, 8:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
UEFA FFP is just designed to protect the big clubs (Man U, Barca, Real, Juve & Bayern) from upstarts like Chelsea, Man City and PSG. It needs abolishing.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 11
aldi_01
July 15, 2020, 6:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Probably a few backhanders here - I really think that football at this level is totally corrupt. Sep Blatter & Co.  got away with it for years. True fans of the beautiful game are just being used - we don't stand a chance. If grass roots is able to kick off again I for one will be off to watch a district league game at the weekend with the dog  - where I started for the love of it. I shall not be watching Sky/BT etc.

I as for the sentiment but it makes little difference. There have been people using the phrase ‘football is back’ since it started again, it’s not, not really but for a huge amount now that hows football is. Watched on a TV and about betting and allegedly clever adverts etc. Look at the drinks break balderdash. What nonsense, just a sure fire way they can provide more advertising opportunities.

Football, at the top level is cool, people watch it because it’s become something people do, it’s hip and all that jazz. People don’t have affiliations to teams like those of us down the leagues, and quite frankly, we’re not important. I saw to articles about Wycombe, they were beyond patronising and ended up talking about Sunderland and Pompey...becauee they’d been to that so called promised land. It ignored the financial ruin and sheer lack of ambition once teams get there but shows the narrative perfectly.

City were always gonna get their ban over turned, I’m not even sure they’d have needed to bribe anyone either, their legal representation is just so much better. They’ve essentially the support of a government/country. It, much like EFL fit and proper rules etc highlights how flimsy FFP rules are and how they can be exploited.

People might not like Jose but his comments about this whole debacle are so true.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
Boris Johnson
July 15, 2020, 7:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
If there was no case to answer, and have been found to have done nothing wrong, why has a fine been imposed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
Madeleymariner
July 15, 2020, 12:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Boris Johnson
If there was no case to answer, and have been found to have done nothing wrong, why has a fine been imposed?

For failing to co-operate with the investigation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Man City Champions League ban overturned

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.