Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VAR last night.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 403 Guests

VAR last night.

This thread currently has 3,327 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
July 10, 2020, 6:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
. (perhaps there are closet supporters of Premier League teams on here) Ipswin, ok I think it’s time I came “out of the closet” and come clean, I follow West Ham,but, support Grimsby.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
lew chaterleys lover
July 10, 2020, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Gaffer58
. (perhaps there are closet supporters of Premier League teams on here) Ipswin, ok I think it’s time I came “out of the closet” and come clean, I follow West Ham,but, support Grimsby.

I don't follow or support any Premier league team but I do enjoy watching top flight football which is why VAR has got under my skin.

When watching a game, I invariably hope the underdog wins and anybody who can give the big 6 a bloody nose.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
Gaffer58
July 10, 2020, 6:55pm
Brandy Drinker

I don't follow or support any Premier league team but I do enjoy watching top flight football which is why VAR has got under my skin.

When watching a game, I invariably hope the underdog wins and anybody who can give the big 6 a bloody nose.

Lew, so you follow West Ham then!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
Ipswin
July 10, 2020, 8:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Gaffer58

Thats OK mate You'll be following a Championship club then next season!  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
mimma
July 10, 2020, 8:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
They have already changed the rules to acomodate VAR. Handball had to be intentional, not accidental. Now they have added that the player's arms have to be their side and not making themselves artificially big, whatever that means.

Scrap the portacabin full of refs, and the lines on the screen, just let the ref look at the monitor pitchside and make a decision.  Most grounds have screens, perhaps the ref could use them, so the crowd could see him making his mind up.

They have tried to make it too perfect, and in doing so it's ruining the game. You don't see stupid lines on the screen at rugby games, and it works perfectly well there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
ginnywings
July 10, 2020, 9:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
FIFA have taken control of the VAR protocol, so the Premier League will no longer have control over how it is implemented. The same rules will be used in all leagues around the world.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
Theimperialcoroner
July 10, 2020, 9:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
VAR is essentially for people who’s only exposure to the game is on the Telly or playing FIFA. If you have played, reffed or watched the game from the stands you will totally understand how urine poor VAR is. I can just about accept goal line technology, everything else is simply not required and takes so much away from what makes the game great.
How much better is the game to watch when you have a ref who lets the game flow vs one who blows for every little foul. Amplify that tenfold for how awful it must be to sit in the stands at a VAR game.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
Gaffer58
July 11, 2020, 7:10am
Brandy Drinker
Is one of the problems with VAR that the match ref gives a penalty, such as the one Man U got against Villa, on replays everybody can see the Man U player actually fell into and then stepped onto the Villa man, but the ref in the bunker didn’t want to make is mate at the game look like he’d made the wrong decision, hence they nearly always back up the match officials.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
lew chaterleys lover
July 11, 2020, 8:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
VAR is essentially for people who’s only exposure to the game is on the Telly or playing FIFA. If you have played, reffed or watched the game from the stands you will totally understand how urine poor VAR is. I can just about accept goal line technology, everything else is simply not required and takes so much away from what makes the game great.
How much better is the game to watch when you have a ref who lets the game flow vs one who blows for every little foul. Amplify that tenfold for how awful it must be to sit in the stands at a VAR game.

Yes I was saying that to the wife. Not that she was listening but I explained that from a more neutral fans perspective watching matches galore on the telly, VAR adds great drama to the game.

Those without the emotional attachment to a club, including people who "follow" the Premier league giants must think VAR is an exciting addition.

To the fans in the stadium, some as man and boy it is a form of torture to see the beautiful game messed with like this.

They are paying their hard earned money to see their team robbed or the outcome of games decided by people not even in the stadium.  Like I said in the initial post the FA should be careful that fans don't come to the conclusion its rigged and fall out of love with the game.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 11, 2020, 11:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
FIFA have taken control of the VAR protocol, so the Premier League will no longer have control over how it is implemented. The same rules will be used in all leagues around the world.

That will certainly make them all the same but there is no guarantee it will make things better.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › VAR last night.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.