5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 6, 2020, 11:01am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
Its almost like hes holding GTFC to ransom. It seems to be a case of he thinks  GTFC need him more than he needs them.

Yes I know he is entitled to ask for more money, but as we all know now, money, and contracts, are at a premium at the moment. You'd think that in these times any player who has the chance of a contract would snap the chance up without a moments hesitation. Lets face it, if a player has 'survived' on £1K a week (ball park figure) does he really need another 200 quid a week at the moment? If a player signs a contract, he has an income. If he pushes for more money when its clearly not available, then he is without a club and no income. Go figure.

One player is not more important than the club.
Logged Online
Private Message
Nutsy
July 6, 2020, 11:14am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 5
Look at Ozil at Arsenal; got the big contract, doesn't perform, ostracises team mates, whole team imbalance.

Not saying Clarke is like that, but the hesitation to sign suggests he's keeping his options open (who wouldnt) but the club needs to be strong enough to go for what is in the teams best interests.

Leicester won the premier with low wages but a fantastic team spirit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
HertsGTFC
July 6, 2020, 11:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Its almost like hes holding GTFC to ransom. It seems to be a case of he thinks  GTFC need him more than he needs them.

Yes I know he is entitled to ask for more money, but as we all know now, money, and contracts, are at a premium at the moment. You'd think that in these times any player who has the chance of a contract would snap the chance up without a moments hesitation. Lets face it, if a player has 'survived' on £1K a week (ball park figure) does he really need another 200 quid a week at the moment? Lets face it, if a player signs a contract, he has an income. If he pushes for more money when its clearly not available, then he is without a club and no income. Go figure.

One player is not more important than the club.

A player of that age or any age in the current landscape will pretty much sign the biggest deal an agent can get him.

More often than not they’re not that bothered who they play for as long as they’re getting regular starts and paid what “they” believe they’re worth.

If there is one potential good thing to come out of this mess it might just be that agents don’t cream as much off the top as they have done previously for adding no overall value to the game ..... I hope!

I don’t begrudge Clarke a decent living but considering prior to a relatively decent patch with us he couldn’t get in the team at Plymouth and IH signed him after a prompt from some of his former Blackpool team mates I’d doubt he’ll get many massive offers.

All that said I’d be pleased to see him in a Town shirt next season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
sam gy
July 6, 2020, 11:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
He’s probably just waiting it out for a bit. Can’t blame him.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
buckstown
July 6, 2020, 11:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 77
Got to remember there's little loyalty in football at the moment and it works both ways. Clarke is 33 in December and needs to make the most of his last few years in the game. He came here, did a good job when we were in trouble at the wrong end of the league, but if he hadn't we'd have dumped him sharpish.
If we can sign him I'd be happy but if not good luck to the guy. Same applies to Vernam.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
NorthseaMariner
July 6, 2020, 11:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
Like is being said, I would really like him to stay, but in these times we all have to do what is best for yourselves. That being both him and us.
Hopefully he will re-sign for us. 😎
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
grimsby pete
July 6, 2020, 12:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Do we know what his demands are ?

Agents are the lowest of the low all they are concerned about is what is their cut.

If Clarke wants to stay and he did plead with Ollie to sign him he will tell his agent to except what is on offer.

Which will be 25% less than he was on until we can get crowds back in .

Every club is in the same boat well apart from a few rich chairmen throwing money away.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
moosey_club
July 6, 2020, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Clarke for me was one of the better things to come out of the end of last season, really livened our front play up, linked up with players in all areas, quality on the ball, great movement. Think we would struggle to find similar qualities/ experience.  Would love us to sign him again but albeit within our limits.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
pen penfras
July 6, 2020, 4:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
He probably has one, maybe two years left. Isn't local, has no ties to the area and is only likely to have signed for us to put himself in the shop window.

Clearly he was fantastic at this level, but money is tight so our offer isn't going to be great. He will want the most he can get, and he will definitely get a contract somewhere, so it's only right he tries to do what's best for him. I hope he's with us next season, but don't want us to break the budget for him, or anybody else for that matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
IlkleyMariner
July 6, 2020, 6:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,870
Gold Stars: 66
Think we can be objective about this.
We would like to sign him at the right price.
He would like to stay at the right price.
He has plenty of options
We have plenty of candidates

Don’t think anyone needs to overreact. If we can agree with him, fine.
If not there are plenty of alternatives on both sides.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
forza ivano
July 6, 2020, 6:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
My heart missed s beat when I saw the thread title.am I the only one still paranoid about Jamie Clarke?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
Heswall Mariner
July 7, 2020, 3:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +580
Gold Stars: 30
I seem to recall that Danny Collins sat on the fence a couple of times before signing at the last minute.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
Northbank Mariner
July 7, 2020, 5:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Bradford bound...feel like we've been used as billboard by him...sour taste sits in my mouth now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
pen penfras
July 7, 2020, 5:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Bradford bound...feel like we've been used as billboard by him...sour taste sits in my mouth now.

Why should he have any loyalty to us? If he'd been crap, should we have given him a contract? It works both ways, he is good enough to get a better deal elsewhere, and going back to a club he's played for that will probably have more money and maybe closer to home (I don't know where his home is).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
livosnose
July 7, 2020, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,143
Gold Stars: 15
He lives menston / guisley way so defo closer to Bradford

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
Grantley
July 7, 2020, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Increased wages, played for them before, closer to home, also worked with Stuart McCall before...no brainer for him really.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
Abdul19
July 7, 2020, 6:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213

We offered him a 6 month deal and it's finished.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
moosey_club
July 7, 2020, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Abdul19

We offered him a 6 month deal and it's finished.

Another fine example of using facts to ruin someones argument......thats fighting dirty on here  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
jamesgtfc
July 7, 2020, 8:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Seem to recall Clarke wanted a longer deal in January but IH wanted him to prove himself which, in January, everyone said was a logical decision.

Fast forward 6 months and we haven't kicked a ball since March as we are in the middle of a global pandemic. We don't know when 60% of our income can enter the stadium so what we paid him in January and promised to match or increase in the summer is no longer on the table.

In hindsight we would have signed him on an 18 month deal. Clubs are starting to make signings but we have a manager that can attract players. I am usually against loan signings but I believe you can have 5 in your match day squad and if IH can attract a few like Benson and Glennon for the season that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 7, 2020, 8:53pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I am usually against loan signings but I believe you can have 5 in your match day squad and if IH can attract a few like Benson and Glennon for the season that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

At this level, having loan players is a necessity. Benson and Glennon would be good to get back. They added a lot to the team, and both hit the back of the net. Hopefully Ollie has enough draw to lure some more talented players, both for loan and to sign permanently.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
HertsGTFC
July 7, 2020, 10:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
He looked good in a bang average squad. I trust that IH will bring in just as good or even better once we get going again.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
jamesgtfc
July 7, 2020, 11:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187

At this level, having loan players is a necessity. Benson and Glennon would be good to get back. They added a lot to the team, and both hit the back of the net. Hopefully Ollie has enough draw to lure some more talented players, both for loan and to sign permanently.

We've had some bad loan signings over the years but a full season loan is effectively a permanent signing on a one year deal. I think in the past we have been given those players clubs don't want anymore but Glennon and Benson are players that Burnley have high hopes for so sent them to a work under a manager they know will benefit them.

Embleton is a success story that clubs will want to see and also Henderson. If Benson and Glennon get some games under their belt at Burnley we are an even more attractive proposition for players to come here on loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
louth_in_the_south
July 8, 2020, 8:21am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Signing players and having to pay them when there’s no income and no prospect of L2 starting for months sounds like lunacy to me !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 8, 2020, 9:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,504
Gold Stars: 64
Like with CV I would be disappointed to see Clarke leave but as others have said for him this is an absolute no brainer. A club he has played for twice before, more money, closer to home and in all honesty a bigger club which, when allowed, attracts nearly 3x the home fans then town.

Shame as both of these guys are good footballers with excellent ball control which sadly has not always been the case where town forward players are concerned. Still as I’ve said previously until we know the final make up of next years squad it’s very difficult to make comment but I remain positive better times are ahead.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
IlkleyMariner
July 8, 2020, 10:37am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Like with CV I would be disappointed to see Clarke leave but as others have said for him this is an absolute no brainer. A club he has played for twice before, more money, closer to home and in all honesty a bigger club which, when allowed, attracts nearly 3x the home fans then town.

Shame as both of these guys are good footballers with excellent ball control which sadly has not always been the case where town forward players are concerned. Still as I’ve said previously until we know the final make up of next years squad it’s very difficult to make comment but I remain positive better times are ahead.

There are lots of Bradford City fans round here who would be disappointed if he rejoins them. Possibly not a done deal yet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 8, 2020, 2:03pm

Brandy Drinker
Considering Ollie took him from not even making the first team at Plymouth, to playing every week, personally I think it stinks that he has shown no loyalty to Ollie or GTFC. Just pound signs flashing before his eyes. Where were Bradford when he had faded into obscurity at Plymouth?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
speedy
July 8, 2020, 3:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Considering Ollie took him from not even making the first team at Plymouth, to playing every week, personally I think it stinks that he has shown no loyalty to Ollie or GTFC. Just pound signs flashing before his eyes. Where were Bradford when he had faded into obscurity at Plymouth?

You know why he was playing every week? because he was the best option we had. not because Ollie liked him or favoured him. He owes us nothing. 6 months ment that if he played well he could resign for more money with us or another team willing to pay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
Abdul19
July 8, 2020, 4:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Where were Bradford when he had faded into obscurity at Plymouth?

They had a different manager then (and McCall managed him there before)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
Kris2
July 8, 2020, 4:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136

Right. I'm sure that with your best years dwindling down performance wise and the offer from a bigger company for more money, better prospects for your family,etc. You'd be turning that job offer down to stay where you currently work when they can't afford to give you a raise and you might even have to take a pay cut. All these people whining about loyalty expecting players to behave the same way towards the club as fans do would all take the better offer because that is what makes sense. Football careers are short so you need to get what you can from it. Concepts like loyalty make no sense in the job market when you have marketable skills.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
smokey111
July 8, 2020, 5:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,315
Gold Stars: 46

Don't be naive. He doesn't have the Grimsby badge tattooed on his calf. He owes us nothing and ditto. Good luck to anyone who can secure employment on half decent money in the current climate.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
monkeyboy
July 9, 2020, 7:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Do you know what, i don't really think there is one single player we have that would make me really really gutted if they left.
What i see is an opportunity to get better in.

Ethan Robson may be worth a punt but cant see the 2 Burnley lads coming back as they are on the fringes of the prem now so can see a championship loan for both.

Like i said we will get some new lads in that hopefully will be an improvement to the team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
HertsGTFC
July 9, 2020, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy
Do you know what, i don't really think there is one single player we have that would make me really really gutted if they left.
What i see is an opportunity to get better in.

Ethan Robson may be worth a punt but cant see the 2 Burnley lads coming back as they are on the fringes of the prem now so can see a championship loan for both.

Like i said we will get some new lads in that hopefully will be an improvement to the team.

Completely agree I think IH rates Robson too. All in all though you’d expect clubs to have a bigger pool to fish in which will inevitably bring down wages.

I’m optimistic that IH and the current situation will actually give us a much more balanced/stringer squad overall and we’ll be less dependent on one or two individuals which is somewhere we haven’t been for a very long time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
Madeleymariner
July 9, 2020, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Completely agree I think IH rates Robson too. All in all though you’d expect clubs to have a bigger pool to fish in which will inevitably bring down wages.

I’m optimistic that IH and the current situation will actually give us a much more balanced/stringer squad overall and we’ll be less dependent on one or two individuals which is somewhere we haven’t been for a very long time.

I hope your right I think we have 11 experienced pros 3 of which are still young and not exactly world beaters yet Seriously do people think any of the more mature players left other than Hendrie/Mckeown are league winning quality taking into account injury proneness, liable to do a member up, pick up bans or simply not that good etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
promotion plaice
July 17, 2020, 1:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

It's official, Billy Clarke signs for Bradford for a third spell:

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/clarke-returns-for-third-stint/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
Gaffer58
July 17, 2020, 1:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I think if we’re patient then there are going to be loads of players getting quite desperate and be happy to sign, they’ll also have to accept a lesser wage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 17, 2020, 1:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Thank God for that. I can imagine to get him to GTFC Ollie will have had to dangle the cash-flavoured carrot in front of him to get him to play for us in the first place, so now that he has finally fleeced us out of more money while he made his decision, we now have more money for wages in the kitty for new players. Who knows, we may be able to get 2 players in for what we were paying Clarke.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
Madeleymariner
July 17, 2020, 5:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Thank God for that. I can imagine to get him to GTFC Ollie will have had to dangle the cash-flavoured carrot in front of him to get him to play for us in the first place, so now that he has finally fleeced us out of more money while he made his decision, we now have more money for wages in the kitty for new players. Who knows, we may be able to get 2 players in for what we were paying Clarke.

We could get 5 players in but if theyre all sh1t3 it doesn't add up to 1 good player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 17, 2020, 7:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner

We could get 5 players in but if theyre all sh1t3 it doesn't add up to 1 good player

I agree, but we are talking Ollie here. He's already made his intentions clear.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Northbank Mariner
July 17, 2020, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
I'm actually quite p!ssed about this... Ollie gave him an olive branch to get his career going again, albeit in his twilight years. He's tarnished any adoration as a town fan I had for him,
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
IlkleyMariner
July 17, 2020, 8:32pm
Champagne Drinker
We enjoyed watching whilst he was here.
Move on there will be someone else fills his boots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
quebec38
July 18, 2020, 9:35am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
Not followed this at all but Clarke didn’t owe Grimsby anything. He came at Christmas and gave us half a good season. He’s a good player at this level and wanted more money than we could offer in uncertain times and at the back end of his career.

No need to be rolling out the red carpet for him when he comes back with Bradford, but no need for any bitterness either.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
smokey111
July 18, 2020, 9:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,315
Gold Stars: 46
I'm actually quite p!ssed about this... Ollie gave him an olive branch to get his career going again, albeit in his twilight years. He's tarnished any adoration as a town fan I had for him,

Adoration?!?!

Makes me wonder how strongly you felt about the likes of Futcher, Groves, McDermott, Mendonca etc?

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
louth_in_the_south
July 18, 2020, 11:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
I couldn’t give a flying intercourse he’s gone

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
NorthseaMariner
July 18, 2020, 12:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
He played well for us while he was here. No problem with him leaving, although I would have liked him to stay. But that’s life. Good luck to him, we move on.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
TAGG
July 18, 2020, 9:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
He will be forgotten by the start of the season.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 19, 2020, 12:39am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
He will be forgotten by the start of the season.

...................... who?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
Rodley Mariner
July 19, 2020, 9:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Think he lives in Menston which is out north of Bradford so will be great for him on a personal level. Liked him and thought he was a proper player but don't begrudge him the decision or doubt Ollie's ability to bring in as good if not better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Clarke-sized elephant in the room

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.