5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
July 9, 2020, 7:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Do you know what, i don't really think there is one single player we have that would make me really really gutted if they left.
What i see is an opportunity to get better in.

Ethan Robson may be worth a punt but cant see the 2 Burnley lads coming back as they are on the fringes of the prem now so can see a championship loan for both.

Like i said we will get some new lads in that hopefully will be an improvement to the team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
HertsGTFC
July 9, 2020, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from monkeyboy
Do you know what, i don't really think there is one single player we have that would make me really really gutted if they left.
What i see is an opportunity to get better in.

Ethan Robson may be worth a punt but cant see the 2 Burnley lads coming back as they are on the fringes of the prem now so can see a championship loan for both.

Like i said we will get some new lads in that hopefully will be an improvement to the team.

Completely agree I think IH rates Robson too. All in all though you’d expect clubs to have a bigger pool to fish in which will inevitably bring down wages.

I’m optimistic that IH and the current situation will actually give us a much more balanced/stringer squad overall and we’ll be less dependent on one or two individuals which is somewhere we haven’t been for a very long time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
Madeleymariner
July 9, 2020, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,049
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Completely agree I think IH rates Robson too. All in all though you’d expect clubs to have a bigger pool to fish in which will inevitably bring down wages.

I’m optimistic that IH and the current situation will actually give us a much more balanced/stringer squad overall and we’ll be less dependent on one or two individuals which is somewhere we haven’t been for a very long time.

I hope your right I think we have 11 experienced pros 3 of which are still young and not exactly world beaters yet Seriously do people think any of the more mature players left other than Hendrie/Mckeown are league winning quality taking into account injury proneness, liable to do a member up, pick up bans or simply not that good etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
promotion plaice
July 17, 2020, 1:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,997
Gold Stars: 193

It's official, Billy Clarke signs for Bradford for a third spell:

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/clarke-returns-for-third-stint/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
Gaffer58
July 17, 2020, 1:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
I think if we’re patient then there are going to be loads of players getting quite desperate and be happy to sign, they’ll also have to accept a lesser wage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 17, 2020, 1:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +831
Gold Stars: 117
Thank God for that. I can imagine to get him to GTFC Ollie will have had to dangle the cash-flavoured carrot in front of him to get him to play for us in the first place, so now that he has finally fleeced us out of more money while he made his decision, we now have more money for wages in the kitty for new players. Who knows, we may be able to get 2 players in for what we were paying Clarke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
Madeleymariner
July 17, 2020, 5:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,049
Gold Stars: 49
Thank God for that. I can imagine to get him to GTFC Ollie will have had to dangle the cash-flavoured carrot in front of him to get him to play for us in the first place, so now that he has finally fleeced us out of more money while he made his decision, we now have more money for wages in the kitty for new players. Who knows, we may be able to get 2 players in for what we were paying Clarke.

We could get 5 players in but if theyre all sh1t3 it doesn't add up to 1 good player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 17, 2020, 7:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +831
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Madeleymariner

We could get 5 players in but if theyre all sh1t3 it doesn't add up to 1 good player

I agree, but we are talking Ollie here. He's already made his intentions clear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Northbank Mariner
July 17, 2020, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I'm actually quite p!ssed about this... Ollie gave him an olive branch to get his career going again, albeit in his twilight years. He's tarnished any adoration as a town fan I had for him,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
IlkleyMariner
July 17, 2020, 8:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,984
Gold Stars: 69
We enjoyed watching whilst he was here.
Move on there will be someone else fills his boots
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Clarke-sized elephant in the room

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.