1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
July 4, 2020, 8:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Any go fishing at the Boating lake or Country park?

I used to fish them 20 years ago and had great days.
My Grandad lives really close to both and I thought it might be nice to wet a line when I visit him as we used to go a lot together and he can’t get out independently now.

Any info on wether they’re still any good and what people are catching would be much appreciated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
July 4, 2020, 9:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,997
Gold Stars: 193

Don't know what the boating lake is like now but I also used to fish it many years ago.

Fishing the pole cupping in worm and fishing with redworm on the hook just off the bottom always worked for me, decent roach and the odd tench.

Used to love watching the big International fishing matches they had on there.

One of the lads that fished on there with us later became UK Angling Champion (Marc Rodger)

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Boris Johnson
July 6, 2020, 11:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
no sorry didnt go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
headingly_mariner
July 7, 2020, 1:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Don't know what the boating lake is like now but I also used to fish it many years ago.

Fishing the pole cupping in worm and fishing with redworm on the hook just off the bottom always worked for me, decent roach and the odd tench.

Used to love watching the big International fishing matches they had on there.

One of the lads that fished on there with us later became UK Angling Champion (Marc Rodger)

Yeah it used to have tons of fish in it. Heard a rumour it had been netted and the fish moved to the country park.
Went round on Saturday and not a soul on it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
monkeyboy
August 7, 2020, 9:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Country park - Still has a good head of Bream that are mainly caught on feeder at distance, can have 100lb + if you fall on a shoal. can be biteless if not. Full of Roach and perch on pole or waggler.  There are still a few large Carp but most have mysteriously vanished.

Boating lake - still has plenty of roach perch, some nice tench and odd skimmer coming out on corn recently but getting pestered by chavs and kids makes the place unbearable hence not many fish it now.

Both are rammed with small Roach so makes it virtually impossible to blank. that said the country park now has a couple of Cormarants filling there greedy bellys so the Roach stocks will start thinning out.

Also Buck beck worth a cast too, some lovely fish in that as well as Waife beck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
headingly_mariner
August 16, 2020, 10:17am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy
Country park - Still has a good head of Bream that are mainly caught on feeder at distance, can have 100lb + if you fall on a shoal. can be biteless if not. Full of Roach and perch on pole or waggler.  There are still a few large Carp but most have mysteriously vanished.

Boating lake - still has plenty of roach perch, some nice tench and odd skimmer coming out on corn recently but getting pestered by chavs and kids makes the place unbearable hence not many fish it now.

Both are rammed with small Roach so makes it virtually impossible to blank. that said the country park now has a couple of Cormarants filling there greedy bellys so the Roach stocks will start thinning out.

Also Buck beck worth a cast too, some lovely fish in that as well as Waife beck.

I’m hoping I’ll be able to give them both a whirl.

Some of those Carp must be massive by now, it had big 20’s in it 20 years ago. Probably nicked and swimming in other fisheries.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
monkeyboy
August 17, 2020, 1:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I’m hoping I’ll be able to give them both a whirl.

Some of those Carp must be massive by now, it had big 20’s in it 20 years ago. Probably nicked and swimming in other fisheries.

Yes some were going missing at night time, stolen and relocated or dinner plates.
Still a few into the 20s though. some of the Bream are rather large too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Boating lake and Country Park fishing

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.